DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 49 of 59 First ... 394748495051 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    i had a look at the first post and I am not sure how its changed since classic with regard to images.

you can see from the screen shot how my story entry looks and what the reference manual looks like after export, What am I doing wrong?

Can't say for sure but if the images are not "local" (you're linking from another module) they wont show either. I can say that I've used it just recently to create a new product for the store and it shows images inline.

I no longer test/use FGC so if you're using that (it looks like you are) I am not excluding a FGC specific issue. In FGU:

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I have sorted it

it was my fault, I subscribed via the forge to version 5.10 however i still had 5.05 in my extension folder. FGU loaded 5.05 hence my problem. I deleted 5.05 and reexported and the Extension worked fine

Update 5.11

* Fixed - Blank sub-chapter page will not be exported to ref-manual as page, only sub-chapter navigation

(will push out through forge once it's approved)
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Is 2-column supported in some way? Markers maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    Is 2-column supported in some way? Markers maybe?
    The only way to do something like that is adding a markup language which I really am not wanting to do. If/when they let us have inline images in story entries with UI to manage that, it would easily allow it.
    ---

Help please!

I am trying to create a reference manual. I followed the instructions but I seem to have done something wrong.

step one.JPG

When I open up the reference manual that I created, it is empty. Other parts seem to be working just fine.

step two.JPG

The issue might be that you haven't defined a category from which the chapters will be built. At the top of the "Story" window, expand the section that currently contains "Uncategorized", click the '+' button, then click the brown button and edit the new category name so that it also is prepended with a number and contains the desired chapter name. For example: "001 Chapter 1: My Stuff". Each category you create in this way will become a top-level chapter in the generated module.

Move all of your story entries into that category. Then try exporting again and see if that gets things working.

Also try completely shutting down FG and restarting, and then reloading the generated module. I think there are certain operations that aren't picked up unless you do that. Most of the time though, it's sufficient to just unload/load the created module to see changes you made.
    Last edited by darrenan; October 27th, 2021 at 20:04.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    The issue might be that you haven't defined a category from which the chapters will be built. At the top of the "Story" window, expand the section that currently contains "Uncategorized", click the '+' button, then click the brown button and edit the new category name so that it also is prepended with a number and contains the desired chapter name. For example: "001 Chapter 1: My Stuff". Each category you create in this way will become a top-level chapter in the generated module.

Move all of your story entries into that category. Then try exporting again and see if that gets things working.
    ^^ this

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post

That worked. Thanks!!!

I've placed a version on the Test channel that should work with the Core update that is there. Please let me know if you run into problems.

Right now it functions as before. At some point I'll make changes in functionality once the CoreRPG "Builder" tool is iterated upon with features I still need Author for now.
    ---

Thread Information