DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 52 of 59 First ... 2425051525354 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

Hi celestain,

I've been using the testing channel for a couple of months now. Started a new reference manual in it a few weeks back. Author got my basic stories entries across with no issue, I then completed the build out the rest of the reference manual adding new subchapters, page elements and images etc. and switching orders around. All looks great in the testing channel, start a new campaign in testing and opened my newly exported module and everything looks as i expect.... I then switch back to the live channel and copy over my new shiny reference module and the formatting is screwed. Subcategories have been shuffled about and elements within a page have also been swapped around and all images are not the size of postage stamps. I presume modules built in testing won't work in live but thought I'd ask.

Depends on the ruleset you are using and if its been updated to the changes coming when Test becomes Live as to whether or not then formatting matches. Its for nothing to do with the Author extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by sedgetone View Post
    Hi celestain,

I've been using the testing channel for a couple of months now. Started a new reference manual in it a few weeks back. Author got my basic stories entries across with no issue, I then completed the build out the rest of the reference manual adding new subchapters, page elements and images etc. and switching orders around. All looks great in the testing channel, start a new campaign in testing and opened my newly exported module and everything looks as i expect.... I then switch back to the live channel and copy over my new shiny reference module and the formatting is screwed. Subcategories have been shuffled about and elements within a page have also been swapped around and all images are not the size of postage stamps. I presume modules built in testing won't work in live but thought I'd ask.
    Once the story entries are in the Builder it's out of Author's hands. Author, on test channel, has no hands in the export process. It's simply an import to "Builder" tool now.

That being said I suspect there are other issues. I've tested my own module (been working on a large one and using test channel as well) and loading the exported module in Live right now it looks fine (ref-manual).
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Good to know, I didn't think it was a Author and was curious as to whether you've seen this before. My reference manual is for the CoC 7e, what ruleset are you working with?

Good to know, I didn't think it was a Author and was curious as to whether you've seen this before. My reference manual is for the CoC 7e, what ruleset are you working with?
    AD&D 2e tho I expect it'd be fine in CoreRPG and 5e (the only other 2 I've some experience with). I can't speak to anything else as I do not use them. If CoC does something different with ref-manuals it could cause problems between Test/Live. If you can load a live ref-manual in Test fine with CoC then it should go the other way unless there is some odd methods used in CoC.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Yeah, like I said, depends on the ruleset, maybe you should post in the COC section of the forum, not sure if that's been updated in Test yet.

Howdy Celestian. Just wanted to check in.. With the big drop yesterday, we finally have the new builder in the production release. I'm getting a lot of questions from our conversion team about "what now". Builder, as it stands, requires direct text input.. Looks awesome, but that means double work for the team who already has all of those of story entries.. So the new Author acting as the "import" mechanism is really critical to our workflow. Your product is awesome and we're holding our breath waiting for the next update.

Without too much pressure, any ETA on when the new builder-compatible version you've been working on will be released?

Quote Originally Posted by dbachen View Post
    Howdy Celestian. Just wanted to check in.. With the big drop yesterday, we finally have the new builder in the production release. I'm getting a lot of questions from our conversion team about "what now". Builder, as it stands, requires direct text input.. Looks awesome, but that means double work for the team who already has all of those of story entries.. So the new Author acting as the "import" mechanism is really critical to our workflow. Your product is awesome and we're holding our breath waiting for the next update.

Without too much pressure, any ETA on when the new builder-compatible version you've been working on will be released?
    It's already builder compatible. Celestial updated it a few weeks ago in Test.

Quote Originally Posted by dbachen View Post

The updated version to run with builder was set to live release yesterday. Im remote so can’t do much to verify but the forge has it set to live.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    It's already builder compatible. Celestial updated it a few weeks ago in Test.
    I haven't personally tested it as I'm at work right now, but I was being told that it was generating errors.. However, C's response says that it might not have been pushed to live yet. Only passing along 3rd hand info at this point, sorry.

Thread Information