DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 40 of 59 First ... 30383940414250 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
    Ok, all self deprecating humor aside...I can't figure out even where to get the .ext for this. I'm truly striking out on these forums today! I know its gotta be so simple that my 10yo could probably find it first try OR...(i'm hoping) its just not on here as a link right now.

Like I asked on my wedding night...can you just point to what I need to make this work?

Thanks in advance,
    K
    First post, at the bottom?
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    First post, at the bottom?
    Got it!

For some reason my win10 machine, these forums are themeless...it just looks like a base forum and none of the clickable items showup...i got it through my win7 pc.
    Last edited by Kingfish; February 5th, 2021 at 03:16. Reason: Forgot to thank you

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
    Got it!

For some reason my win10 machine, these forums are themeless...it just looks like a base forum and none of the clickable items showup...i got it through my win7 pc.
    Maybe you’re in “mobile” and/or “archived” mode. The view is drastically different, basically, IMO, unusable, in these modes. For “archive” I know there is a hyperlink at the top of the page that asks if you want “non-archive” mode. In “mobile” mode I believe there is some sort of of hyperlink option at the bottom, maybe at the top too.
    I find mobile mode so pathetic, again IMHO, that I view “pc” mode on my iPhone and iPad too.

[EDIT] the “pc” mode I was talking about is at the bottom of the page, a drop down combo box, I use “FGResponsive”
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; February 5th, 2021 at 20:28.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    Maybe you’re in “mobile” and/or “archived” mode...
    BINGO!!!

I don't know how it happened but I finally logged out and back in and BOOM! The world is right again!

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    The only way to link to images and not have them show as inline, they have to be stacked. Those links do not have to be multiple images. It could be image link, then a monster entry or item or something else.

Image links are one per line using Author.

You can do what you want if you manually create the reference manual (edit the xml).
    I have the image links for maps spaced apart from each other and surround text, but they are not showing inline images, just links. Using Unity, is that the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    I have the image links for maps spaced apart from each other and surround text, but they are not showing inline images, just links. Using Unity, is that the problem?
    FGU has issues still. See this post and others for full details.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Hey Celestian I am struggling with something. I use Classic to design my modules. In the Story Library I will name the groups that intend to be Ref Manual chapters with 000.000 Chapter One and so on. I have no problem with the reference manual looking how I want it to look by doing this. However, Author is adding on a grouping I am using for Map Pin room descriptions. This I labeled "Eberron - Defense of First Tower" which contains all of the adventure's room descriptions. When I was ready to export the module I clicked the bubble option indicating I wanted all of that category to be included in the export. I intentionally omitted the Story option and just dragged each of that Story Group's objects onto the export tool. Everything turned out how I intended; the story library only contained the room descriptions with the story group labeled how I wanted it, the reference manual had all of its chapters, sub chapters and pages where they were supposed to be. The only unintended issue I have is that author added that "Eberron - Defense of First Tower" group as well as all of the room descriptions (as ref pages) in the final chapter. I hope I am describing this correctly and appreciate anyone's input.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorLovins View Post
    Hey Celestian I am struggling with something. I use Classic to design my modules. In the Story Library I will name the groups that intend to be Ref Manual chapters with 000.000 Chapter One and so on. I have no problem with the reference manual looking how I want it to look by doing this. However, Author is adding on a grouping I am using for Map Pin room descriptions. This I labeled "Eberron - Defense of First Tower" which contains all of the adventure's room descriptions. When I was ready to export the module I clicked the bubble option indicating I wanted all of that category to be included in the export. I intentionally omitted the Story option and just dragged each of that Story Group's objects onto the export tool. Everything turned out how I intended; the story library only contained the room descriptions with the story group labeled how I wanted it, the reference manual had all of its chapters, sub chapters and pages where they were supposed to be. The only unintended issue I have is that author added that "Eberron - Defense of First Tower" group as well as all of the room descriptions (as ref pages) in the final chapter. I hope I am describing this correctly and appreciate anyone's input.
    Assuming I understand the issue...The only way to keep story entries out of the ref-manual is to not put them in a group.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

That is what I figured but I wanted to ask to make sure. Luckily its simply enough to delete the portion out of the xml file and keep the story inputs. Thanks man I appreciate the quick reply.

Hi,

Does this extension work with the demo of FGC? I keep getting "Module export failed".
    Works fine in the demo of FGU, however I can't get the images to show up.

Also, the demo of FGC doesn't seem to save created campaigns like the demo of FGU does. Is that correct, or am doing something wrong?
    In that case, the demo couldn't really be used for development anyway, but I'm mostly interested if the "Module export failed" thing happens because it's the demo.

Thank you.
    Last edited by filipstamate; March 1st, 2021 at 16:39.

Thread Information