FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Unable to update

Just snagged this on winter sale. Fired her up and everything was in order until she tried to up date. 3.5e went up fine but the update/pach died at "Checking package 4E for updates." on "Updating rulesets/4E.pak."

Getting Error- GetPackageFiles: Network:Time out. checked the forum.

The only files I have pertain to 3.5E, nothing to 4E.
    I've uninstalled and made sure all files were gone before reinstalling.
    Grated T'm not the most tech savvy guy out their I also tried a few work around posted on the forums but that still did not help.
    Thanks for quick reply and further thanks in advance.

It redownloaded everything for 3/5e. Stopped at 4E once more. Tried a fresh uninstall/clean and reinstall.

Should I run the installer in "Test" instead of live?
    Tried it just to see and it stalls at Getpackupdate.
    Anything that may impede its downloading/patching?

Blog Entries
    As a test please download 4e.pak from here: removed
    If it then fails on the next file you have something on your network or something between your network and the fantasy grounds network that is causing issues.
    Can you temporarily stop your AV as another test - many have an option to "stop for 10mins".

Double check your license key, Forum login info, and possibly Steam info.

Dropbox worked, went to 5E.
    Got DM basic, player basic, SRD data, bestiary srd and now dies on magic items srd.

Checked my license key/ and forum/steam info. checked game cashes. All green.

I'm going to double check my firewall/networking as per Damned's advice. May be awhile, as I'm not ultra tech savvy.

Also thanks for all the reply and help. Not only is is helpful, but makes me feel welcomed as well.

As you're getting some downloads, but then get stuck - it sounds like maybe there is something happening with your FantasyGrounds updater connection to the servers. The network libraries are quite old and not the most efficient - and they may not be working well on your connection.

I'm afraid the solution may be to keep trying. If, after 5-6 attempts, it is stuck on the same file; delete that file and keep trying. Sorry, I don't think there is a magical fix for this - just perseverance...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information