Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Voice changing software?

Hey folks,

I'm wondering if anyone here has used and had success using a voice changing software for fleshing out NPCs on Discord. I've used one for fun over a decade ago while reading in MMOs with friends.
    I'm going to be DM'n a campaign in a month with friends using Discord, but I'm not too good at changing my voice while talking.

Hoping there is a solution where I can save presets for NPCs to use.

Thanks in advance!

I've used MorphVOXPro pretty successfully. https://screamingbee.com/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I've used MorphVOXPro pretty successfully. https://screamingbee.com/
    Thanks for the quick reply, are you able to create presets before sessions and pop them when you need?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokael View Post
    are you able to create presets before sessions and pop them when you need?
    Yep, that's exactly what I did - fine tuned the ones that came with a voice pack and saved them. Then you can switch between the different voices through the interface.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Yep, that's exactly what I did - fine tuned the ones that came with a voice pack and saved them. Then you can switch between the different voices through the interface.
    You Rock! This community is amazing.
    Thanks much!

No worries.

There's a 7 day trial on MorphVOXPro - give it a go!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokael View Post
    You Rock! This community is amazing.
    Thanks much!
    It helps that we have our resident AI (T.R.E.N.L.O.E)!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I've used MorphVox Pro. For male voices, I (a guy) can use just about any of the male presets and have good results. The female versions of my voice are more difficult to produce - a lot of them still seem to sound like me. Maybe it is just my speech patterns that I recognize. I think that the way to do a voice of the opposite gender is to try to put yourself in character, increase the pitch of your voice slightly, and maybe change the cadence a bit, and THEN apply the preset.

@ Trenloe, do you have any luck with female voices? Any other tips?

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    @ Trenloe, do you have any luck with female voices? Any other tips?
    You pretty much have to try to talk in character as well - certainly change your usual speech patterns. I had some OK results with female voices - just took a bit if fiddling with the settings.

Just purchased this for $20, sale I guess and an addon. Already created 4 voices for my ToA campaign. This thing is awesome!

Thread Information