DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Thank you so much. I am new to FG, but have been diving in since I have a lot of time available to me right now. Love what I see, and I appreciate the content and the ease of use of this software.

There was an earlier question similar to mine, but it didn't really address the issue: Is there anything to be gained by keeping the Community module for, say, Bestiary 2, if one has purchased the corresponding official module from the Fantasy Grounds store? Other than the potential for confusion?

Thanks,

- s.west

Been years. not sure at this point. The official modules are going to have art and tokens. I would use those.
    there may be some effects that were not included with the official ones but I doubt much else.

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Thanks for these.
    Tyb

I tried to replace the letter tokens with my own, but ever how much as I fiddled with it, I could not find a way to do it. Is there a trick for replacing the tokens of the monsters?

Welcome. If you make a copy of the NPC by dragging the link and dropping it in the same window it should keep the token you assign.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Thanks for a quick reply. I tried that, and it did make a copy of the record. However the token field was still not accepting any token. The record was unlocked and I was trying to drop a .png file in the opaque field next to the ID field. But seems like it is not because of a problem with the mod. I tried creating a new empty record, but encountered the same issue.

madman,

Regarding an issue that I have seen in some of the FG Official Modules, I used a couple of Wild Hunt NPCs from "PFRPG Bestiary Sixth.mod", and have found something similar there (for one NPC, at least).

The issue, which I'm sure you're familiar with, revolves around the Crit Multiplier in the Attack(s) line. Often, we see the erroneous 'multiplication' symbol, e.g. "×3", instead of an actual 'x', like "x3". This breaks FG, and it doesn't recognize the multiplier at all.

If you look at the aforementioned module's NPC entry for the Wild Hunt Archer, you will see that the multiplier symbol is missing altogether. Apparently, there is yet another variant of the 'multiplication' symbol. When I cut'n'paste this one, I get an unprintable (in ansi, or utf-8), to wit: "�3"

Anyway, I've corrected my own use of it, but I thought you'd like to know. I don't know if there are others in there with the same problem.

Thanks for Bestiary 6. It has saved me time and trouble.

Cheers,

- s.west

Thread Information