5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by viviolay View Post
    Just posting to say I'm making my way through this series and it's insanely helpful for me finally understanding how to write my own effects.
    I know they are linked in the stickied guide post but I never noticed them before and stumbled across it by chance on youtube when i finally got series about learning these and was looking for help.
    Jolly Good
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Is it possible and if it is how would I setup For a Twilight Domain Cleric Eyes of night effect?

Assuming you are using Unity then VISION: 300 darkvision
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I just re-watched all of these to update and refresh my memory - I'd forgotten a LOT, since it is not used all that often

A DM friend has asked me to help create some effects to help automate a magic item he wants to create.

This is his description :-

here is the text on the item This suit of armor is reinforced with a magically enhanced metal alloy called mizzium, which is made in Izzet foundries. While you're wearing the armor, any critical hit against you becomes a normal hit. In addition, when you are subjected to a magical effect that allows you to make a Strength or Constitution saving throw to take only half damage, you instead take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw.

So The first part is fairly simple - just like Adamantine Armour with a different name, so the entry starts:-
    mizzium alloy armour; IMMUNE:critical and its applied to Self
    Then I was trying to see if there's a way to see if the IF: command could test to see if the relevant saves had been rolled, but I can't see a way to do it.

I tried IF: [SAVE:strength,constitution];IMMUNE again applied to self

It doesn't work, and I'm guessing because the SAVE command does render an output as a conditional state?

Can this be done or would the immunities have to be watched for manually?

Thanks,

No, you can't test for such things I'm afraid. You'll need to handle that part manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    No, you can't test for such things I'm afraid. You'll need to handle that part manually.
    Okay.

It would be nice to have such a feature - I'm sure there must be some sort of internal stack that processes such result, so having it set a true/false flag that could be tested would be kinda cool.

I guess that I fell into the classic FGU trap - so much is possible to automate, that you get sucked into a belief that "surely this one more thing" can be done.

Okay enough pipe dreaming...

What about this as an alternative to help keep track of it manually:-

We have a label effect like this:-
    Mizzium Eligible Save Occurred with no other effects and applied to Self

The player puts this on his PC when he undergoes the specific magic effect that this item allows ( assuming he remembers!), Then has these two running whenever the specific armour is worn:-

Mizzium Alloy;IMMUNE:critical
    IF:CUSTOM(Mizzium Eligible Save Occurred);IMMUNE

again applied to Self for both

It seems to work and I guess it would act as a bit of a prompt to remember to check for such occurrences, but its a bit clunky.

Is there a more elegant way that anyone could suggest?

Thanks

You could just not roll damage if the saving throw succeeds. But I think your custom effect would work; a fair amount of fiddle as you say.

Thread Information