STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Effects Videos for 5E

The links below will lead you to several videos concerning effects for 5E in Fantasy Grounds. Each video is only about 15-20 minutes long and covers a particular aspect of creating effects. If you would like to see more videos on anything that isn't covered (or on anything else for that matter) leave a comment below.

Link to the playlist of all videos

Video One - The Basics
    Video Two - Combat Modifiers
    Video Three - Damage Modifiers
    Video Four - Abilities, Advantage and Disadvantage
    Video Five - Special tags IF and IFT
    Video Six
    - Effect targeting and the CUSTOM function
    Video Seven - Timing of Effects
    Video Eight - Naming, Chaining and Concentration
    Video Nine - Casts, Damage and Heals
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; December 17th, 2017 at 16:59.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Great teaching video. Also, I happen to know there are codes already done for every spell, feat, race trait, and class feature I did at the DMs Guild. Everyone SHOULD learn how to do these themselves, but for lazy people (ME!!) the codes are already done for everything except items. And that project is on the burner. The burner hasn't been turned on, but it's on it.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Second video in the series added. Link in the first post.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I see the benefits of coding or just going out and buying these from the DMs guild. Zaccheus latest videos are good, been waiting for these for awhile...!
    Also, another community member and great boon for DnD5e fans are the codes that Rob2e sells online in a discounted code package as a Purchase-able FG supplement for 5e from Rob2e: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/226...ate_rem=878507. I am glad to be surrounded by dedicated, helpful, and supportive community members! Long live Zac and Rob2e!

Laerun...
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Well done Zacchaeus! Thanks for the tips!

Slovakia (+1 GMT) after March 29 due to Summer time (+2 GMT)
    Blog Entries
    Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    I see the benefits of coding or just going out and buying these from the DMs guild. Zaccheus latest videos are good, been waiting for these for awhile...!
    Also, another community member and great boon for DnD5e fans are the codes that Rob2e sells online in a discounted code package as a Purchase-able FG supplement for 5e from Rob2e: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/226...ate_rem=878507. I am glad to be surrounded by dedicated, helpful, and supportive community members! Long live Zac and Rob2e!

Laerun...
    I just purchased these and they are fantastic. It saves so much time for me though I really need to get better at figuring this stuff out - lol.

Part Three is now available. Link in the first post.

A question then on part three. For DMG and DMGTYPE the targeting was set to Self, but for ongoing damage the targeting was set to Target. I would have expected all three to be set to Target as the damage is applied to the target, not to the self.

What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Xemit View Post
    A question then on part three. For DMG and DMGTYPE the targeting was set to Self, but for ongoing damage the targeting was set to Target. I would have expected all three to be set to Target as the damage is applied to the target, not to the self.
    "Target" for the effect is not combat targeting, it determines where the effect goes when it is applied - i.e. which creature the effect appears on in the CT. You want the DMG and DMGTYPE to go on the character that is rolling damage - as it will be applied to all of their damage actions no matter who the target is.. DMGO needs to be applied to the creature who will have the ongoing damage.
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 14th, 2017 at 22:55.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information