STAR TREK 2d20

Do you use SRD and Basic Rules together?

I've just setup things on FG for the first time. I noticed that when I enabled SRD and Basic rules I get a combination of things that I believe don't exist between both so both make sense to have enabled - but this means there are some duplicate things. What is the standard modules enabled for running a game without the PHB?

Either the SRD or the Basic rules - not both. Since the SRD contains more 'stuff' I'd lean towards using it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Welcome to the forums coreyndstuff!

Once you own the Core Class Pack (The PHB) I won't even allow Basic or SRD to be loaded period. Just causes problems and bloat. What you'll run into is someone with a character sheet that has links to all three products forcing you to have everything loaded for the sheet to work, and as you pointed out, menus full of duplicates. Also any characters for a campaign I'm running will be made on my server using my PHB.

Personally I wouldn't run a game without the PHB. It's super cheap these days. If you absolutely can't afford it before a campaign, nothing maybe? Just type your sheet in. Also just trying to save money by only getting the class packs you think you'll be using causes the same issues, just get the PHB.

Blog Entries
    The SRD does have more stuff, but I think for players I would rather have them use the Basic Rules to create characters. As a DM I would use the SRD for items and NPCs etc, but make the players use the Basic Rules for character creation and levelling. But, that's just my suggestion.

If you use both, then you have to get your players to individually try and only use one source per character. You don't have to, but it makes things easier.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Basic rules builds the fewer classes/races out more effectively.
    If you are running a low level or introductory game my preference would be the Basic.
    As others suggest Id choose one or the other - SRD or Basic or Licensed.

Thread Information