STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 10 First ... 34567 ... Last
    I like the idea of campaign specific currency. It seems like the weight part might be difficult given that the actual weight of a coin can also very from campaign to campaign.

I love this extension the only thing I am finding is that when characters are adding packs (and I don't know if it has to do with the ext or not) is the characters are showing a different number of items than they are supposed to have so the total weight and the current weight don't match up. I have found this during Character creation classes the (ex: character is supposed to have 10 rations I as the host looking at his sheet see 10 rations the player is only showing 1 on his sheet)I have been having them change the number to the correct amount and the weights equal out only seems to affect the amounts from the packs. and it doesn't do it when the ext isn't loaded I don't think
    FGC and FGU Ultimate License Holder
    Former Professor @ Fantasy Grounds College
    Time Zone: Central Zone US (UTC -5/-6)
    Current Projects: A History of Play Dev and Running all the adventures in order of release
    Past Projects: 5e OAR 1 "Into the Borderlands"; 3.5 Conversion "B1 In Search of the Unknown"; 5e Conversion "B4 The Lost City"; 1e "Lords of Darkness"; 1e B9 "Castle Caldwell and Beyond"

Stephen W. Kissee (Steffen de Wolff)

Concern/Feedback regarding damned's 5eCoinWeight.ext

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hey Zuger i have made a small coding tutorial video and I have extended this extension as the content of the video. It addresses in a very basic way one method of being able to track carried and non carried treasure.
    https://youtu.be/x4leZBomtOc
    And the extension is here - feel free to use or not.
    Attachment 23256

Also any comments about splitting the code into different files are personal preference and not a criticism.
    damned,
    First I want to say that I think your changes are wonderful and would like to thank you for making the video as well.

I have one concern/issue to bring up:
    If the extension is enabled and coins are added if the extension is disabled the coin data is 'lost' (or at least not visible).
    It does return when the extension is enabled again.
    My concern is losing that information if you need to disable the extension for some reason or if it stops working due to a FG update.

Is it possible to do something like...
    Use two new data field/variables to hold the values for carried/not carried that are used in this extension (B&C)
    and use the original value data field/variable (A) to hold the total of the two unique ones for this extension (B&C)
    With the original not displayed when the extension is enabled but when it is not maybe the original construct will pick up the original value and then display the total?
    At startup it would have to check to see if the A value is greater or less than B+C and add or reduce from them to compensate.

I am inexperience in extension coding and your video is literally my first introduction into it; so I'm just thinking outside the box for a solution to offer.

Here are screen captures of the issue:
    CoinExt_Feedback.jpg

Norgewalk
    Hold My Ale! Guild Master

Blog Entries
    Welcome Norgewalk

Ill have a look at that over the next couple of weeks as other priorities are resolved. Thanks for pointing that out.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I just found the extension and I'm super happy this exists! I wanted to ask if there is a way to adjust the weight of the coins. For example, I'd like to use various currencies like trade bars in my campaign, but since they weigh more than simple coins, they wouldn't work well with this mod. If there is a way to customize the weight of each currency that would be spectacular.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I just found the extension and I'm super happy this exists! I wanted to ask if there is a way to adjust the weight of the coins. For example, I'd like to use various currencies like trade bars in my campaign, but since they weigh more than simple coins, they wouldn't work well with this mod. If there is a way to customize the weight of each currency that would be spectacular.
    Crack open the extension and add some math to edit the weight that each item adds.
    Im not sure if I ever looked at Norgewalks sugestion above...

Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    You'd adjust this part of the coins_weight.lua:

Code:
    	-- We have now computed the coins weight for this PC
    	-- weight = math.floor( weight / 50 );
    	weight = weight * 0.02;
    Change that 0.02 to whatever weight per coin you wanted to use.

This is great! Thank you, very much!

Super cool extension mate! Still works in FGU too !

I'm sorry. I just found this thread and I can't find the actual corrected ext. Can someone point me in the right direct?

Thread Information