FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 9 of 13 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    I've been running a Pathfinder 2e version of the Reign of Winter AP for about a year now and this extension has been extremely helpful. Recently though I've noticed that I'm getting an error when I open the spells tab but it also makes it so I'm unable to use the dropdown search filters now. I was using this to generate the spell lists of all the witches they run into but now I can't sort by spell type anymore. I know there will be weird interactions with this extension but maybe there's something that can be done to tweak it to update it with the newer releases to bring back the original functionality. I can still scroll through the list to find things but not being able to filter out spells I don't need is a pain with all the different spells available across all the books. I'm almost at the last book of the AP so it's not like I have to mess with it much longer but I figured I would bring it up in case it is something that can be fixed easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeval View Post
    I know there will be weird interactions with this extension but maybe there's something that can be done to tweak it to update it with the newer releases to bring back the original functionality.
    This extension has no code in it. All it does is allow you to open other modules. This, unfortunately, is just a case of using data that is designed to be used in a different ruleset - and is the big thing to keep in mind when using this extension. Updates to the data, or the ruleset (which is probably the case here), might cause new issues as they're not "aware" of each other (and they're not designed to be either).

I suggest you load up a PF1 campaign in parallel and use that to reference information you can't access using the Universal Modules extension.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

For the first ever, I've found something Universal does not open, it is the Vaesen ruleset stuff, oh well, I'll have to key it all in manually for my game.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Blog Entries
    I havent updated the game list in a while.
    Crack it open and add:

<acceptfrom ruleset="Vaesen" />

into the extension.xml file

LOL, never opened it up to see how it worked, brilliant but simple

It worked.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

I purchased the AD&D 2e module The Shattered Circle because I want to use the maps and story and recreate the encounters for 5e. How do I use the extension file to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by DMTCSyd View Post
    I purchased the AD&D 2e module The Shattered Circle because I want to use the maps and story and recreate the encounters for 5e. How do I use the extension file to do this?
    Enabling the extension on your campaign load screen before you load your 5e campaign will show all of your modules, from all the rulesets, in your library -> module activation screen. Just enable the extension and activate your module as normal.

To be able to do this you need to copy the .ext file attached to post #1 into your <FG app data>\extension directory on your FG computer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks, that worked

Hi all, Todai i got error when i try to use this with OSE ruleset. Until last week never a problem with this extension

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin1885 View Post
    Hi all, Todai i got error when i try to use this with OSE ruleset. Until last week never a problem with this extension
    What error did you get? Please provide full details of the error and when it occurs.

And I remind you of the information in the first post:
    You will get plenty of things that dont work, plenty of things that partially work. This cant be helped as different game rulesets have different data structures.
    If you get errors on a type of data... dont complain to me or to SmiteWorks etc...
    This extension only allows you to open library modules from other rulesets - it doesn't do anything else.
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 18th, 2022 at 20:41.

Thread Information