FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 23 First 1234513 ... Last
    Is it possible to add class filters in the Spell List for 5e?
    Being able to filter all Wizard Spells would be nice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DGM View Post
    In the meantime, you can get all the spells in the PHB by class by going to the Library > PHB > Spells

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DGM View Post
    If I understand correctly, I believe this is available. Make sure the PHB module is loaded. Choose the PHB at the top of the Spells library editor if that's the only module you wish to be working with. Then choose Wizard under Source. (The reason it is named "Source" is because that is the field name on the spell details editor.) All Wizard spells will be displayed in the middle section of the library editor.

FFAL_0.1.0C.png
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; November 11th, 2017 at 04:20. Reason: added graphic
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Why not use the drag and drop approach, Minty? You could have the more common fields and a place to drag less common fieldss
    Sorry Bidmaron. I haven't been ignoring this. Thinking about it some. Also trying to get that darn NPC finished up. Yikes what a PIA!

First I'm unsure as to where to drag the data from? The individual detail dialogs? Like the Spell editor, the NPC editor, the Parcels editor? I could do that, but wouldn't every field on every editor then have to have an onDrag() (or whatever it's called) implemented so that the proper data comes over? Fortunately that could mostly be done by probably touching maybe three to five templates, so that's good. I have to have the field name, that's easy enough. The data type might be a bit more tricky. I don't think the data controls are data type specific are they?

Something like this?
    FFAL_0.2.x.png
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

The controls may or may not be data type specific, but the data tied to them is if it comes from the database. It has been a while since I played with drag and drop, but I thought the default drag handler told the drop receiver where the data came from. If that is true, you should be able to do what I am suggesting. At the very least if they drag the name of the field (where fields have names on the form they come from) you might be able to figure out the control with that label.

Blog Entries
    Version v1.1.2 of the Field Filters for All Libraries released.

It adds support for the NPCs and Notes library dialogs.

The support for NPCs is significant and a bit idiosyncratic (follows is an explanation).

====================================

The library dialog for NPCs with all the supported field filters is very large. In order to ensure it would fit on screen a number of the fields were combined into single filters. For example: all six abilities are filtered via a single dialog. The CR and XP fields are combined as well as the HD and HP fields. All the resistances and Immunities are in one filter as are the Spells. Here are some details..

Abilities:
    In the screenshot below I have clicked on the combobox and scrolled down a bit. Note the division between numbers and the charisma values. What I have done here is provided users with the option of filtering all six abilities with a single numeric value, or filter based on one specific value of one ability. (You can filter by, say 13, in any ability or filter by a dexterity of 22, for instance).
    FFAL_0.1.2 A.png

CR & XP:
    These two fields go hand in hand, it seems only natural that they could be combined in the same filter. As in the screenshot above, in the one below I have scrolled down to a significant break in the combobox values. From the depiction, I hope it's obvious that you can filter by either a specific CR value or a specific XP value.
    FFAL_0.1.2 B.png

Armor Class (AC) and its descriptive text are very much the same as CR & XP, as are HD & HP.

Resistances & Immunities:
    Damage Resistances, Damage Immunities and Condition Immunities have been combined into a single filter. The fields typically are comma separated lists. The list values for all three fields have been broken up into individual items. Usually you can tell whether you're filtering by an immunity or a resistance by the value. For example in the screenshot below, I've scrolled down to show the "poison" immunity, the "poisoned" condition. Also note an error in the Princes of Apocalypse manual that I'll report to Smiteworks. For the Lich NPC in Princes... the two items poison and bludgeoning are semi-colon separated, not comma separated.
    FFAL_0.1.2 C.png

And finally Spell Names:
    In the screen shot below you should be able to glean that I have combined Innate Spells and "regular" Spells into a single filter and annotated each with a preface.
    FFAL_0.1.2 D.png

Given the above examples, I'm hoping it should be obvious what's been combined and how in all the other combined field filters. If not, if you have questions please ask.

I believe I have done a pretty good job at alphabetizing most of the filter values. Some are a little problematic, for instance money. In filters containing money values with commas in them (e.g. 1,200 gp) they are sorted near the top of the values because the comma character is lower in the ASCII hierarchy than the numbers, so it get sorted to the top of the list. (While writing this I just thought of stripping the darn thing out of there and things would sort themselves out - a project for a future day.)

I hope you enjoy this new version. As always, problems questions or criticisms, please direct them my way.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; November 12th, 2017 at 18:43.

Blog Entries
    Okay.. Yes. Yes. I know, I know. The size of the NPC library dialog is a pain. Both my sons are complaining already. I knew there'd be complaints, just not this soon and not from family, right? Or maybe especially from family!

Anyway. I had promised to get the filters for the NPC dialog out there and I rushed it a bit.

Here is a work around.... Drag the dialog about half way off screen to the top. Then drag the resize button down to lengthen the dialog. Now drag the dialog back down to see the filtered modules at the top. True some number of filters toward the bottom will be off screen. If those aren't the ones you're using, great. If they are you'll have to reposition between filters and results. Sorry.

Here's a couple screen shots, well, because I love screen shots.
    FFAL_0.1.2 E.png

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Well done Minty!
    Thank you very much, damned.

Obviously next up is a scroll bar for the filter boxes, some way of selecting only those you want (iEdit mode with little checkboxes or drag and drob as Bidmaron suggests.), or a finite group of smart filters that the user configures (suggested in a previous post).

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    In the meantime, you can get all the spells in the PHB by class by going to the Library > PHB > Spells
    Yes this is pretty useful but being able to have a list that includes spells from all books per class per level is what I was looking for.

Thread Information