FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 20 of 23 First ... 101819202122 ... Last
    Question/Request

This does not seem to index the Characters?

When I go to NPCs and create an Encounter I can use all the new drop down fields to find creatures. But if I convert them to a PC to add in additional details then those records are not found in the search.

What I am hoping for is to go to the Character window and do a search by different fields. Pull up all the Characters that have a location of Dragon Fen for example.

Thanks,
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anstett View Post
    ... This does not seem to index the Characters? ...
    No. It's not supported at this time. Purposely; I didn't see the utility. Plus, I don't know for sure if the Characters are handled in the Library Recordsets, it seems as though they should be, but I don't know. What this would mean is, support for a disperate type of record, that might be completely inconsistent with the other recordsets. And, I wouldn't be surprised if, on a character sheet, there are 100 fields to support. This is something I have no interest in pursuing.

Quote Originally Posted by anstett View Post
    ... What I am hoping for is to go to the Character window and do a search by different fields. Pull up all the Characters that have a location of Dragon Fen for example...
    Again the utility might not be there, might not be what you want or expect. The only records (in this case character sheets) that would be indexed would be those in the current campaign. Those that your players built and any pregens that come with the "story" module.

True, you could open other modules, those that you own and the pregens in those would also be indexed.

I guess, any characters that played in prior campaigns that you've played in or hosted might also available for indexing, but I haven't a clue off the top of my head how I would support that.

And then we come full circle. At this time I'm not interested in doing this.

Thanks for your interest in FFAL.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; July 20th, 2022 at 19:07.

Blog Entries
    Since I just posted to this thread, I recently noticed that the inequality operators for some fields are not working properly.

I'm working on other extensions at this time and I will get to this at my first opportunity.

Thanks!
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

I may have found a bug. 1. It is causing an error window when I open NPCs. 2. The NPCs window opened empty until I selected a group. 3. I couldn't drag an NPC to copy it. 4. I made a new NPC and it didn't appear in the list. 5. I relaunched and the new NPC appeared, but trying to advance past the page it was on caused an error and crashed the NPCs window.
    When I relaunched without the extension the problem went away, and the copies of NPCs I dragged appeared.
    Maybe there is a typo in one of my custom NPCs??? I have a lot.

s'FFAL_sortAdvancementValues() | status: value with no or unsupported size=' | s'5-8 HD (Mediun) 9-12 HD (Large)' | s''

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "FFAL/scripts/FFAL_data_library_35E.lua"]:462: attempt to compare string with number

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ERA/campaign/scripts/ERA_masterindex_window..."]:706: createWindow: Invalid parameter 1

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_list.lua"]:68: getPath: Invalid parameter 1

Blog Entries
    Thank you gclguru for the details. It’s incredibly helpful when I get these sorts of details.

Given the ERA… error, I suspect something has changed in the CoreRPG ruleset that has adversely affected my extension.

I’ll try to get to this as soon as I can.

Blog Entries
    I have just posted version 0.4.7 of FFAL. It should take care of the second couple of the errors reported by gclguru in post #195 above. (For my edification, should I need this information in the future: The errors were caused by a deprecation of one of the functions in masterindex_window. The function was moved to the List Manager.)

I believe the first two errors that were reported are due to data that has a format which is inconsistent with what the sorting routines are expecting. This is not uncommon for Home Brew data. Some new books by WotC and other professional developers can cause sorting problems also. The routines expect very exactly specified data formats to perform proper sorting.

The first error provides a good hint as to what the issue is: one of the Advancement field values (probably the one shown). Take a look at the other values in that field (as provided in one of the rules books).
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; August 2nd, 2022 at 05:30.

I love this extension, thank you.

I would like to make a request if you are so inclined. could we get a field for choosing caster type (cleric, warpriest, sorcerer...)? assuming I am not missing that option someplace.

Thanks for your work.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    I love this extension, thank you.

I would like to make a request if you are so inclined. could we get a field for choosing caster type (cleric, warpriest, sorcerer...)? assuming I am not missing that option someplace.

Thanks for your work.
    In which Ruleset? 5E? PF?
    And in which Recordset? Spells? Classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    In which Ruleset? 5E? PF?
    And in which Recordset? Spells? Classes?
    LOL, oops, sorry.

PF1e, Spells.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Thread Information