DICE PACKS BUNDLE

No vertical anchor defined for control, console error

Hi everyone, im trying out the Iron Kingdoms ruleset. I know it was taken off the store and stopped with development. The ruleset itself works mostly ok, but one issue I am seeing with the NPC and Item sheets, is that I am getting this Console error

Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (name) in windowclass (item_header)

I know nearly nothing about scripting, is there an easy solution to this? Or someplace someone can point me that I might be able to learn how to fix this error.
    Sessions Running
    All currently on hold with the world going crazy. Doing random one shots.

Youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8...upGKeqfxKaw1hQ

It means that in the windowclass definition for “item_header”, there is a control defined with the attribute name=“name” which does not have a top or bottom anchor defined. Therefore, FG does not know where to place the control vertically within the window.

Since many controls inherit from templates, you may need to search for the control tag template definitions to see what is inherited. Using a multi-file search text editor (such as notepad++) helps for this part.

Regards,

Blog Entries
    Yu may also find that although annoying it may not cause any actual issue. It may be a small graphic element that isnt anchored and doesnt really effect anything?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Yu may also find that although annoying it may not cause any actual issue. It may be a small graphic element that isnt anchored and doesnt really effect anything?
    That is true Damned, there is no issue besides having the annoying console window pop up everytime you click a link to a item or NPC. So running it is doable, just annoying lol.

Just toying around with it, realized I can just drag the top of the console window, and leave it behind the windows toolbar..pretty much solves that issue.
    Last edited by Hurske; November 5th, 2017 at 01:04.
    Sessions Running
    All currently on hold with the world going crazy. Doing random one shots.

Youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8...upGKeqfxKaw1hQ

Blog Entries
    instead of closing the window each time drag it as far off the screen as possible and leave it open. You will find it impacts you minimally from then on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurske View Post
    Hi everyone, im trying out the Iron Kingdoms ruleset. I know it was taken off the store and stopped with development. The ruleset itself works mostly ok, but one issue I am seeing with the NPC and Item sheets, is that I am getting this Console error

Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (name) in windowclass (item_header)

I know nearly nothing about scripting, is there an easy solution to this? Or someplace someone can point me that I might be able to learn how to fix this error.
    If this is a free ruleset (not the modules/data, the pak or ext file) then if want, I would volunteer to look at it for you. Since it is not being updated, a local fix will not be overwritten. However, it also means (speaking out my buttocks here...) that it may also break in the future with later CoreRPG changes.

I have NO clue what Iron Kingdoms is or based on, only reason I offer is I've been working on a ruleset and have caused myself that exact issue about 5 times in the last 3 days, so I am used to figuring them out. Plus, I really really would like to help others in the community since everyone constantly is answering my questions.

If it is a purchased ruleset, then if you know how to do it, take a look at the listed file for that control. See what "template" it uses (it will looke like <sometemplatenamedfoo name="name" ... /sometemplatenamedfoo> ) - likely it doesn't stop there, "sometemplatenamedfoo", you will find if you search in the ruleset directory for: template name="sometemplatenamedfoo then note what THAT template is. Eventually, when you hit a template in CoreRPG, then you know that one is "good" and going forward from there is where the missing position=insideleft or to=X or <top offset="... is misisng.

I probably did a terrible attempt to explain. But if its a free ruleset, I can help without needing to explain better. If it's a paid one and you still need help, let me know - maybe I can go on the FG discord and tell you what to search for and what to paste for me to look at to troubleshoot/fix it for ya.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    If this is a free ruleset (not the modules/data, the pak or ext file) then if want, I would volunteer to look at it for you. Since it is not being updated, a local fix will not be overwritten. However, it also means (speaking out my buttocks here...) that it may also break in the future with later CoreRPG changes.

I have NO clue what Iron Kingdoms is or based on, only reason I offer is I've been working on a ruleset and have caused myself that exact issue about 5 times in the last 3 days, so I am used to figuring them out. Plus, I really really would like to help others in the community since everyone constantly is answering my questions.

If it is a purchased ruleset, then if you know how to do it, take a look at the listed file for that control. See what "template" it uses (it will looke like <sometemplatenamedfoo name="name" ... /sometemplatenamedfoo> ) - likely it doesn't stop there, "sometemplatenamedfoo", you will find if you search in the ruleset directory for: template name="sometemplatenamedfoo then note what THAT template is. Eventually, when you hit a template in CoreRPG, then you know that one is "good" and going forward from there is where the missing position=insideleft or to=X or <top offset="... is misisng.

I probably did a terrible attempt to explain. But if its a free ruleset, I can help without needing to explain better. If it's a paid one and you still need help, let me know - maybe I can go on the FG discord and tell you what to search for and what to paste for me to look at to troubleshoot/fix it for ya.
    Generous offer. But did you notice his post was in 2017?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

hahah oops

I accidentally must have hit this when looking for something else. I didn't notice this was CLASSIC or that it was 2017... I feel a tad bit sheepish

Thread Information