Starfinder Playlist
Page 90 of 101 First ... 40808889909192100 ... Last
    I've confirmed it's not a conflict. The result is the same with only Advanced Effects extension loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by BushViper View Post
    I've confirmed it's not a conflict. The result is the same with only Advanced Effects extension loaded.
    That is definitely a bug and surprised it's taken this long to show up. Previously there was a conflict with using the language name "init" so I used "init_ae" to get around it. Problem is changing that language piece also broke this. For now, use the manual mode and use INIT: XX
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Is there a secret to getting to install as an update in FGC? It updates for FGU, but not for FGC.

Never mind. I pulled it from GitHub and patched the startup issues in manager_effect_adnd.lua on lines ~40-80. FGC boot was throwing nil dereference errors at boot.

Code defensively and always check for existence before indexing into objects (even if you think they should be non-nil).

Specifically, you need nil checks on:
    CombatRecordManager
    CharFeatManager
    CharClassManager
    CharFeatManager
    CharRaceManager
    CharManager

Hope that helps.

And...never mind, albeit with the caveat that pulling the update from Forge to FGC still does not work.

Hmmm...also looks like problems with DB.getChildList on line 559 -- same issue -- nil value.

Are these FGC-specific issues?
    Last edited by HoloGnome; May 31st, 2023 at 19:15.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The Forge has nothing to do with FGC. FGC extras must be manually installed.
    @damned is correct. I no longer write/support extensions for FGC.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

OK -- thanks. It would be helpful to change the text in the first post in this thread that says that it is compatible with FGC and FGU to prevent confusion. Maybe also include text that explicitly says that the latest version does not work in FGC without errors.

Currently, the first line in the post is:
    "Latest version currently compatible with FGC and FGU."

Also, if there is a final version that was fully compatible with FGC, it would be great to archive it somewhere and include a pointer to it. I saw that it was indicated as compatible and tried to find it.

Have a look at the code to see if there are any points where the FGU coding could be more defensive. There are a lot of places where there is indexing without object verification.

I have updated the Advanced effects extension, I have also disabled - updated FGU and Re enabled and updated FGU again to make sure I have the most updated copy. I can Add effects to the PC abilities tab BUT these effects are not added automatically when adding the PC to the CT.

Quote Originally Posted by McCherry View Post
    I have updated the Advanced effects extension, I have also disabled - updated FGU and Re enabled and updated FGU again to make sure I have the most updated copy. I can Add effects to the PC abilities tab BUT these effects are not added automatically when adding the PC to the CT.
    Can you show us some screenshots showing what effects you are trying to add.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

One thing I found is that you need to make sure that you toggle the item in your inventory as being equipped and if it was equipped prior to adding the coding, toggle it to unequipped and then re-equip it. I know that's tripped me up initially...

Thread Information