5E Character Create Playlist
Page 83 of 100 First ... 3373818283848593 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    If thats the case I'll push it to live today.
    Great! Just in time for my game tomorrow!

We appear to have lost the effect text on NPC sheets. You can see here a NPC with an advanced effect, but the effect description is not replicated to the sheet. When dropped on the CT, however, the effect shows up as expected.

adv effects.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by anathemort View Post
    We appear to have lost the effect text on NPC sheets. You can see here a NPC with an advanced effect, but the effect description is not replicated to the sheet. When dropped on the CT, however, the effect shows up as expected.

adv effects.jpg
    I can confirm this as well. I first I thought I was just going crazy. A very odd bug.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I can confirm this as well. I first I thought I was just going crazy. A very odd bug.
    But strangely, any effect that you already made prior to the update still show the text they had. It's just new effects, or new modifications to existing effects that won't show up in the effect text on NPC or PC sheets. Very strange indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by jfg1984 View Post
    But strangely, any effect that you already made prior to the update still show the text they had. It's just new effects, or new modifications to existing effects that won't show up in the effect text on NPC or PC sheets. Very strange indeed.
    yeah, you can just close the item and re-open it to see that text. it probably only calculates it onInit

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    yeah, you can just close the item and re-open it to see that text. it probably only calculates it onInit
    Might be something changed. Far as I know this worked previously.

I've got some family events going on right now so I wont be able to look at this until sometime first of next month.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

The effect builder also seems to be broken.
    Toggling "type" through the various values leaves the description and duration options only.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    The effect builder also seems to be broken.
    Toggling "type" through the various values leaves the description and duration options only.
    *sigh* yeap. Sometimes I wish I hadn't layered my code on CoreRPG ;(

If you toggle the type, close the effect then open it back up it changes the selection.

Definitely something changed related to the refresh there.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

*sigh* yeap. Sometimes I wish I hadn't layered my code on CoreRPG ;(

If you toggle the type, close the effect then open it back up it changes the selection.

Definitely something changed related to the refresh there.
    I had a few moments tonight and I pushed a update that "should" fix it to Live.

For whatever reason it looks like using DB.addHandler(DB.getPath(node, ".effect"),"onUpdate", update); specifically onUpdate no longer works. If I use DB.addHandler(node.getPath(),"onChildUpdate", update); on the entire effect node it does. I used the previous before to reduce the number of triggers... but we'll see how this works until I have more time to look at it.
    ---

I had a few moments tonight and I pushed a update that "should" fix it to Live.

For whatever reason it looks like using DB.addHandler(DB.getPath(node, ".effect"),"onUpdate", update); specifically onUpdate no longer works. If I use DB.addHandler(node.getPath(),"onChildUpdate", update); on the entire effect node it does. I used the previous before to reduce the number of triggers... but we'll see how this works until I have more time to look at it.
    There's an extra period there in the original code, if desired you should be able to use DB.addHandler(DB.getPath(node, "effect"), "onUpdate", update); to avoid handling updates to unrelated nodes as would be the case with the "OnChldUpdate" approach.
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

Thread Information