5E Character Create Playlist
Page 71 of 101 First ... 2161697071727381 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bwatford View Post
    I run multiple games per week and started receiving the same error.

However, the error is now gone as other extension authors updated CAE and Flanking & Ranged were the main culprits.

I run Advanced Effects in every game and have not seen it cause a single error in any game.

It may7 be another extension causing your issues.
    Thanks. I saw the same error mentioned in this thread and made an assumption. I will see about trying to narrow it down and circle back.

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    Thanks. I saw the same error mentioned in this thread and made an assumption. I will see about trying to narrow it down and circle back.
    I found the issue, it was not this extension. Sorry for any confusion!!

No wonder I couldn't find it on DMG. Gets complicated with updates there. But now I remember, I uploaded some extensions here too. Thanks very much for your answer and the location, celestian! One beer on me if we ever meet!

Hi Celestian, after updating I get the following result:

Advanced Effects - 5e v4.8
    by celestian, 217-2020

After using a weapon from the chracter sheet (with dice) I get:
    ActorManager.getActor - DEPRECATED -21-01--01 - Contact forge/axtension author

and then the result of the attack dice.

That was the problem I had before. Any hints?

Quote Originally Posted by Iakal View Post
    Hi Celestian, after updating I get the following result:

Advanced Effects - 5e v4.8
    by celestian, 217-2020

After using a weapon from the chracter sheet (with dice) I get:
    ActorManager.getActor - DEPRECATED -21-01--01 - Contact forge/axtension author

and then the result of the attack dice.

That was the problem I had before. Any hints?
    I think the most current is v5.2. I had the same issue. He uses the vault, so make sure you have removed any versions in your ext folder and re-update from the vault.

The problem is solved. Indeed I had to remove the old extension and then to update. Thanks, to Kelrugem, Celestian and of course nephranka!

I have the same problem with 5e combat automation which I bought from DMG. Is there a solution?

As far as I understand the author isn't supporting it anymore. Unfortunately it was a nice extension which made combat much faster.

The problem is solved. Indeed I had to remove the old extension and then to update. Thanks, to Kelrugem, Celestian and of course nephranka!

I have the same problem with 5e combat automation which I bought from DMG. Is there a solution?

As far as I understand the author isn't supporting it anymore. Unfortunately it was a nice extension which made combat much faster.
    Xelab is still around but is only going to fix his ext if it is broken when loaded by itself (internal issues). He is not going to change his code in making it compatible with other exts. He will help by answering questions from the other developers. Because I use so many exts, I can not afford to have that one as it is not compatible with a few others I use. I too liked it but I have learned to live without it.

Hmm. Very interesting. That is because I have a test campaign, where I check each extension on its own. And it doesn't need another extension to produce the error message when using a weapon:

ActorManager.getActor - DEPRECATED -21-01--01 - Contact forge/extension author

I assume that would cover "broken when loaded by itself (internal issues)". By the way, except the error message the extension is working, but the error message appears multiple times, and that can be very nerving. Is there any chance someone can contact him? I don't know as he seems no to answer on DMG.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Xelab is still around but is only going to fix his ext if it is broken when loaded by itself (internal issues). He is not going to change his code in making it compatible with other exts. He will help by answering questions from the other developers. Because I use so many exts, I can not afford to have that one as it is not compatible with a few others I use. I too liked it but I have learned to live without it.
    Hmm. Very interesting. That is because I have a test campaign, where I check each extension on its own. And it doesn't need another extension to produce the error message when using a weapon:

ActorManager.getActor - DEPRECATED -21-01--01 - Contact forge/extension author

I assume that would cover "broken when loaded by itself (internal issues)". By the way, except the error message the extension is working, but the error message appears multiple times, and that can be very nerving. Is there any chance someone can contact him? I don't know as he seems no to answer on DMG.
    You might want to bring this into Xelabs thread for it and not posting it here. As it has nothing to do with Advanced Effects.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ighlight=Xelab

5.3 is on test (changes from bmos for his extension compatibility).
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information