DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 67 of 101 First ... 1757656667686977 ... Last
    @picarron, I was mistaken. There is a console error and I know (now) that it is coming from this extension (loaded a new campaign with only the extension active). I've attached an image.

My testing:
    1) Take a monster that has an advanced effect (in this case, I gave it ADVINIT) and then added it to the CT. I get the error (attached) and the effect doesn't appear.
    2) Remove the effect from the monster, it is added to the CT without the error. Naturally, the effect doesn't appear (as expected in this case).

s'ActorManager.getActor - DEPRECATED - 2021-01-01 - Use resolveActor' (this message x3)
    s'ActorManger.getType - DEPRECATED - 2021-01-01 - Use getRecordType/isPC'
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager effect adnd.lua"];525: attempt to call field 'getActorFromCt' (a nil value)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hjorimir View Post
    @picarron, I was mistaken. There is a console error and I know (now) that it is coming from this extension (loaded a new campaign with only the extension active). I've attached an image.

My testing:
    1) Take a monster that has an advanced effect (in this case, I gave it ADVINIT) and then added it to the CT. I get the error (attached) and the effect doesn't appear.
    2) Remove the effect from the monster, it is added to the CT without the error. Naturally, the effect doesn't appear (as expected in this case).

s'ActorManager.getActor - DEPRECATED - 2021-01-01 - Use resolveActor' (this message x3)
    s'ActorManger.getType - DEPRECATED - 2021-01-01 - Use getRecordType/isPC'
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager effect adnd.lua"];525: attempt to call field 'getActorFromCt' (a nil value)
    You are using version 4.9, you should be using 5.0.

I've pushed for updates multiple times and I'm getting it from the Forge. How can I force the update?

Well it should work that way, I'm not sure why it's not.

Because this file is stored in the VAULT, it's a little harder to track, however, he was nice enough to put it on GITHUB, so you can download it there on the first page, goto the FORGE and disable the download and hide it. Then run your updater again, which should remove it from your VAULT, then you can put the GITHUB one in your EXT folders with all the other DATA exts and it should work fine, only you wont get updates for this EXT as you've turn them off (and were not getting them anyways for some reason) and have to manually download them from the GITHUB as he updates it.

Well, that did the trick. Frustrating that the Forge can't seem to update the files appropriately. I added to your rep, MrDDT. Thank you very much for the support!

Well, that did the trick. Frustrating that the Forge can't seem to update the files appropriately. I added to your rep, MrDDT. Thank you very much for the support!
    No problem glad it worked out. I scratch my head over the EXTs I use a lot of them so if a basic long standing on like this isn't working it can really mess up all my others. So it's all good. Got it knocked out.

I just skimmed the text, but it sounds like that you use the extension now by putting it in your extensions folder?

That may be then also your culprit from before. Did you have a version of this extension also in your extensions folder? Beware that extensions of your extensions folder always overwrite the vault. Hence, if you had an older version there while the forge downloads to the vault, then the older version of the extensions folder always overwrote the forge version To solve this one simply has to get rid of the non-vault one.

(Similarly, unpacked extensions overwrite zipped extensions etc., which is why one suggests not to keep unpacked rulesets and extensions in the main folders)

If I'm being honest here, I don't even know what 'the Vault' is. I've always operated under the assumption that you put extensions in the extension folder (this is from before the Forge was even a thing). Over the years, I've purchased extensions from DM's Guild/Drive-Thru RPG and that's where the instructions said to put them. I was assuming that the subscription to extensions from the Forge would operate likewise and that it would handle overwriting the extensions there for you automatically.

If I'm being honest here, I don't even know what 'the Vault' is. I've always operated under the assumption that you put extensions in the extension folder (this is from before the Forge was even a thing). Over the years, I've purchased extensions from DM's Guild/Drive-Thru RPG and that's where the instructions said to put them. I was assuming that the subscription to extensions from the Forge would operate likewise and that it would handle overwriting the extensions there for you automatically.
    Besides the extensions folder you also have a vault folder Crafter can choose to use the vault instead, then their work is encrypted. Hence, if Celestian chose to do this, then the forge version will be put to the vault folder If you already had the extension in the extensions folder, then the forge version got overwritten.

If you want you can try it out: Delete/Remove all the versions of this extension in the extensions folder, subscribe to the forge item, and test again

Quote Originally Posted by picaroon View Post
    Unfortunately most recent update seems to have borked everything.

"Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_affect_adnd.la"]510:attempt to call field 'getActorFromCT' (a nil value)" when attempting to auto-apply an effect by equipping an item.
    You need to get the latest version of AdvancedEffects. Base on the posts following I presume you have updated now and it's working. I've been on travel and unable to respond.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information