5E Character Create Playlist
Page 66 of 101 First ... 1656646566676876 ... Last
    After some investigation for my extensions failing with this error I found that the getActorFromCT function has been depricated and replaced with resolveActor.

Ive replaced it for all my errors with success, even got 5e Enhancer components working
    The getActorFromCT affected the versions Im using of "5E Enhancer - Wounds:, 5E Enhancer - Faction Underlays" as well as the one above "AdvancedEffects"

Example of what I changed in the 5E Enhancer Wounds
    --local actor = ActorManager.getActorFromCT(ctEntry);
    local actor = ActorManager.resolveActor(ctEntry);
    Example of what I changed in AdvancedEffects
    --local msg = ChatManager.createBaseMessage(ActorManager.getActo rFromCT(nodeChar),sUser);
    local msg = ChatManager.createBaseMessage(ActorManager.resolve Actor(nodeChar),sUser);
    If the Devs of the extentions can review and verify the change then they can update for everyone to download.

Belay my previous update, it's still borked, no update today. Having a calcItemArmorClass problem now.
    Last edited by picaroon; December 18th, 2021 at 00:20.

Kludged together

OK, fixed the code you suggested (in manager_effect_adnd.lua.)
    Removed a "whitespace error" at the start of extension.xml (or it might have been the advanced_effects.xml.)
    Replaced depreciated ActorManager2 with ActorManager5e in the char_weapon_adnd.lua.
    Then commented out references to calcItemArmorClass in the char_invlist_adnd.lua.

And it seems to be working for now.

thanks for the first step, and the impetus to try fixing the code myself!
    Last edited by picaroon; December 18th, 2021 at 00:42.

I think the most recent update has broken this extension

The advanced effects I have attached to NPCs no longer seem to be making it to the Combat Tracker. Image attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What error is it giving in the log? I managed to hack together a (mostly) working version over the last couple hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjorimir View Post
    The advanced effects I have attached to NPCs no longer seem to be making it to the Combat Tracker. Image attached.

Working fine for me, did you drag the NPC to the CT after you added the effect?

@picaroon, there's no actual error given, but the effects are not placed on the CT.

@MrDDT, yes, the picture that I attached shows the monsters before they were added to the CT and the effects are not listed.

@picaroon, there's no actual error given, but the effects are not placed on the CT.

@MrDDT, yes, the picture that I attached shows the monsters before they were added to the CT and the effects are not listed.
    Well based on where you placed the Advanced Effect, it will not update until you move the NPC or PC to the CT.
    If you put it on an item, you can unequip/reequip it.

That's what I'm saying...
    1) Add the advanced effect on the NPC, example; ADVINIT to the skeleton with broadsword
    2) Then add that monster to the Combat Tracker
    3) The effect is not listed under the monster on the Combat Tracker

Here's a gif of it not working.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information