DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 101 First ... 456781656 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    I've been trying out this extension and its pretty amazing good job!!!

So after a few successes implementing some items / abilities, I was trying to build the Periapt of Wound Closure to apply the Stable effect when the player reaches 0 HP. First I tried using the following:

but it after adding the PC to the CT and the after the player reached 0HP (Dying) the effect disappeared and was replaced by Unconscious. After asking around I found out Dying is not a word FG recognizes so it could be that.

After I tried using the condition Unconscious to trigger the effect so I have something like this~

but again this got removed from the effects and replaced by Unconscious effect.

Is this the standard behavior or a bug?

thank you for the help ^^
    Have you tried this manually by applying the effect in the CT by hand to test? This might not even be supported with "effects" at all. If not then this extension wouldn't support it either. There are some limits to the extension currently, specifically if it requires applying by a person (which won't happen) but otherwise if you can get it to work by hand it "should" work in the extension outside of that one issue.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

If I apply the effect Stable, FG stops rolling death saves so it does work. Other effects that I have currently on items don't disappear like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    If I apply the effect Stable, FG stops rolling death saves so it does work. Other effects that I have currently on items don't disappear like this one.
    If I apply (manually) "IF:Unconscious;Stable" and the target takes enough to die the effect is removed. The target is Unconscious but it doesn't roll death saves.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

not my experience. The effect is removed and I got the death rolls. wierd

Whether you get Death save will depend on whether you have the automatic death saving throws set to on or off.

My testing shows that the effect as noted doesn't work. In fact it would appear that the effect is removed as soon as the PC takes any damage at all, never mind enough to make her lose all her hit points. If I create a silly effect such as IF: Unconscious;DMG: 1d4 the effects persists even after death.

So as noted in our discussion on Discord, Wheels, this is not one that you are going to be able to apply in any other way than manually.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

yea seems so. Just wanted to make sure that this was not some kind of bug

thank you all for the help

The_Car_A_Carn
    I added this to a mace, but it does not work

IFT: TYPE(undead); DMG: 1d6 radiant

Quote Originally Posted by The_Car_A_Carn View Post
    I added this to a mace, but it does not work

IFT: TYPE(undead); DMG: 1d6 radiant
    Try...

IFT: TYPE(undead); DMG: 1d6, radiant

(note the comma)

I used the tweaked version and it worked for me.
    ---

Is there a way to add a requirement for a character level or half character level in order for an effect to work or better yet, a custom variable as a conditional value? Basically I want to make it so an effect of an item is not available until conditions are met (i.e Level being 6 or Half level being 3).

Quote Originally Posted by InnocentSoul View Post
    Is there a way to add a requirement for a character level or half character level in order for an effect to work or better yet, a custom variable as a conditional value? Basically I want to make it so an effect of an item is not available until conditions are met (i.e Level being 6 or Half level being 3).
    No, there is nothing like that that you can code into an effect. The best method would be to look at the character sheet and if the level has been reached then the player can use the item.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information