Starfinder Playlist
Page 55 of 101 First ... 545535455565765 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    That's not an option with this ext.

I use another ext for that. Called Equipped Effects.

Equipped-Effects-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity
    I'm a bit afraid that SilentRuin extension will not be compatible with Advanced Effects :/ I have a few SilentRuin extensions already (combat groups, portals, map parcels) but I prefer the way Celestian has integrated the effects on items. I just miss the CURSED effect/feature that SilentRuin has implemented. I wish Celestian's Advanced Effects would have it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Unless the ruleset has an effect for that, no. AE is simply a way to implement effects on items and automate additional effects for pc/npcs. It only uses what the ruleset has.
    Thank you Celestian!

Quote Originally Posted by Arghun View Post
    I'm a bit afraid that SilentRuin extension will not be compatible with Advanced Effects :/ I have a few SilentRuin extensions already (combat groups, portals, map parcels) but I prefer the way Celestian has integrated the effects on items. I just miss the CURSED effect/feature that SilentRuin has implemented. I wish Celestian's Advanced Effects would have it :-)
    I use both no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mrddt View Post
    i use both no problem.
    thanks!

Might be the wrong place to ask, but why would I want to use both of these? Do they overlap in helpful ways?

I have only used Advanced Effects so that's what I know.

Thanks!

Celestian, do you think it would be possible for you to parse character stats when adding an effect that is tied to the character.

I'd like to be able to use things that refer to character STATS and PRF like:

DMG: 3d6 [PRF] radiant; or DMG: 1d10 [STR] for instance.

Would that be difficult to code? I'm talking 5E since I believe it might matter...

Quote Originally Posted by Arghun View Post
    Celestian, do you think it would be possible for you to parse character stats when adding an effect that is tied to the character.

I'd like to be able to use things that refer to character STATS and PRF like:

DMG: 3d6 [PRF] radiant; or DMG: 1d10 [STR] for instance.

Would that be difficult to code? I'm talking 5E since I believe it might matter...
    As noted on Discord effects with PCTags like CON, PRF etc need to be done via the character actions tab. These tags need to know what the character's stats are and if you divorce the effect from the character sheet then that link is no longer available.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    As noted on Discord effects with PCTags like CON, PRF etc need to be done via the character actions tab. These tags need to know what the character's stats are and if you divorce the effect from the character sheet then that link is no longer available.
    I was hoping that since the item is equipped by a character there would be a way to get the character node/object and hence get its stats. I don't know enough about the FGU object model but it would seem ok to me that since the item is equipped that there is a relationship established between that object and the character object. If not, how could the object show up on the Actions tab at all when equiped?
    Last edited by Arghun; March 16th, 2021 at 18:02.

Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
    Might be the wrong place to ask, but why would I want to use both of these? Do they overlap in helpful ways?

Thanks!
    One is very useful for coding a specific none named item, the other is useful for coding all items or cursed stuff.
    Players also can do the advanced effects as an option while the equipped effects they cant.

Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post

Thanks!
    I've mostly purchased SilentRuin's extension because I needed (wanted) to have an extension that allowed me to have a cursed item that could no longer be unequipped by the user. Equipped Effects does that (among other things). While I prefer coding the effects directly on the items (using Celestian's extension) it does not offer the ability to managed 'cursed' items.

Thread Information