Starfinder Playlist
Page 52 of 101 First ... 242505152535462 ... Last
    Hi Celestian,

It appears I was running an earlier version of Advanced Effects. Loading version 4.8 fixed the issue.

So anyone else who is having this issue of failing after the update, check that you have latest version of the extention.

Thumbs up TheoGeek when you said version 4.8 I went back and checked mine.

How would one craft an action like this:
    The first time you hit a creature on your turn with this weapon with an attack that you had advantage on it deals an extra 1d6 fire damage.
    The keys being you have to have advantage on the first attack. Clearly a rogue weapon.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Power came up and I did a quick test (forgive me, I've a lot of things to do around here because of the power problems for days) but I did not find any issues running this as is. Any of the ActorManager2.* calls were all commented out and not used.

I did not change anything and ran some tests on a pc with a weapon that had ATK:1 and DMG:1d3 and it seemed to work. If you have specific problem points let me know how to reproduce and ill see what I can find. Make sure you have 0 extensions other than this one loaded.
    As of 2/23/2021 I am still seeing the ActorManager2 error - it appears this issue prevented my players from being able to grab the dice on their weapon attacks on the action tab. I verified that I am running version 4.8 - ran an update on 2/23.

[UPDATE]
    It appears the update on the 24th fixed this issue.
    Last edited by Valdemar; February 25th, 2021 at 02:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    As of 2/23/2021 I am still seeing the ActorManager2 error - it appears this issue prevented my players from being able to grab the dice on their weapon attacks on the action tab.
    Have you turned off all other exts first to make sure its this? Because it's likely not this ext.

Could someone advise me on the use of Resist effect using this extension? If I have two items, each with RESIST: 1 piercing for example, when added to inventory, will this stack to resist 2 piercing? I assume this is a limitation of the rule set, but looking for confirmation. If no, is this something that could be accomplished? Thanks and love this extension.

Quote Originally Posted by jhathawaytn View Post
    Could someone advise me on the use of Resist effect using this extension? If I have two items, each with RESIST: 1 piercing for example, when added to inventory, will this stack to resist 2 piercing? I assume this is a limitation of the rule set, but looking for confirmation. If no, is this something that could be accomplished? Thanks and love this extension.
    Would be the same as if you added the effect from the Actions tab on the charactersheet. I know that FGU doesn't stack "RESIST: 3 piercing" and "RESIST: piercing", so I would assume that "RESIST: 3 piercing" + "RESIST: 3 piercing" would not become "RESIST: 6 piercing". I would like them to stack, but seems like FG doesn't do that.
    Do not, I have only tested first example - not equal ones.

Quote Originally Posted by jhathawaytn View Post
    Yes for some dumb reason you can't put 2 resist effects of the same type to stack like you can with ATK or DMG. Don't ask me why but FG in all their wisdom refuse to do it.

So if you have an item that does resist 1 piercing, and another one that does resist 2 piercing, you are only going to get 1 or the other effect. ( I think it goes to the larger one but not sure it's always like that)

If you want those items to work, you have to not have the resist effect on one and manually change the other to be whatever it is plus whatever the other is. So if you had leather armor with resist 2 piercing, and a ring of resist piercing +1, resist 1 piercing. Then you would need to remove the effect off the ring, and only use the leather and change it to resist: 3 piercing.

So many issues with this because FG wont put it as an adding effect.

Then you can throw in the fact it doesnt work with resistance to piercing. (Where you take 1/2 damage) only 1 will work at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Yes for some dumb reason you can't put 2 resist effects of the same type to stack like you can with ATK or DMG. Don't ask me why but FG in all their wisdom refuse to do it.

So if you have an item that does resist 1 piercing, and another one that does resist 2 piercing, you are only going to get 1 or the other effect. ( I think it goes to the larger one but not sure it's always like that)

If you want those items to work, you have to not have the resist effect on one and manually change the other to be whatever it is plus whatever the other is. So if you had leather armor with resist 2 piercing, and a ring of resist piercing +1, resist 1 piercing. Then you would need to remove the effect off the ring, and only use the leather and change it to resist: 3 piercing.

So many issues with this because FG wont put it as an adding effect.

Then you can throw in the fact it doesnt work with resistance to piercing. (Where you take 1/2 damage) only 1 will work at a time.
    Should those stack in 5e? In 3.5e/PF1 for example it is by rule that it takes the better of both, which is why it is coded like that. If this is not the case in 5e, then it may be worth a report

Per rules, they don't stack. See page 197 of the PHB:

"Multiple instances of resistance or vulnerability that affect the same damage type count as only one instance. For example, if a creature has resistance to fire damage as well as resistance to all nonmagical damage, the damage of a nonmagical fire is reduced by half against the creature, not reduced by three-quarters."

Ultimately it's your game but RAW they don't stack and the reason FG doesn't allow it I would think...

Thanks to everyone for the explanation. RAW of course will win out in these discussions. Unfortunately for this extension, a fantastic use is making unique items such as armor that has various damage reduction or resistance. Underlays and overlays which would make sense to stack. I can think od many situations were that would make sense over RAW.

Maybe someone will come up with and extension to implement various stacking. Maybe DR damage reduction effect that would stack and leave resistance effect alone? Until then.. manual it is. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by jhathawaytn; March 1st, 2021 at 19:21.

Thread Information