DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 50 of 100 First ... 40484950515260 ... Last
    Perhaps I missed something. Is there a way to hide the effect in the chat window? I mean the numbers. If that sword is +1 to ATK and DMG, is there a way the effect applies but doesn't show? The players will always figure it out when they do the math and see that there's a bonus added to their strenght and proficiency. I must admit I haven't red the 49 pages of the thread...
    Last edited by Chuckhdtv; January 17th, 2021 at 04:09.

Quote Originally Posted by solomani View Post
    Can I use this plugin to automate auras by chance? Thanks.
    It works if you have the aura extension installed. You simply code the aura in the PC

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...E-Aura-Effects
    Last edited by Chuckhdtv; January 17th, 2021 at 05:04. Reason: Add link

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckhdtv View Post
    Perhaps I missed something. Is there a way to hide the effect in the chat window? I mean the numbers. If that sword is +1 to ATK and DMG, is there a way the effect applies but doesn't show? The players will always figure it out when they do the math and see that there's a bonus added to their strenght and proficiency. I must admit I haven't red the 49 pages of the thread...
    Try switching off show results to clients in options.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Try switching off show results to clients in options.
    No, it doesn’t do what I’d want it to do. But I think my DM is already talking to Celestian about it.

Here’s an example, attacker has STR 10(0) and a Prof +3. Defender has an AC of 19 and I rolled a manual 16 each time

Here’s the normal roll
    C4C16CA6-EADD-4157-9554-0972A8AE76CC.jpeg

Here’s the roll with a ring(STR: -4) where we see the [effect -2]in the chat window because the attacker has now STR 6(-2)
    6AEE671A-8B0E-4F9D-AC47-4833F0737F25.jpeg

Here’s what it should look like if the Item is non-ID.
    4154C657-8B55-4E6D-AE54-3825D9CCD153.jpeg

The player has no reasons to know why the attack doesn’t hit to him, the roll is perfectly normal with his Prof +3 applied. Maybe the defender simply has an AC over 19... For Damages, the chat window should look normal but the damages applied to the defender should take that -2 into account.

I now know it can’t be done at the moment but that what I wanted to do.
    Last edited by Chuckhdtv; January 17th, 2021 at 18:21. Reason: Wrong pics

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckhdtv View Post
    The best you can do is set the visibility on the effect to "hide". It will not show the effect on the person to them (only DM). However, the [EFFECTS +X] will probably still show in rolling.... tho im not intimate with the 5e rolling settings.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    The best you can do is set the visibility on the effect to "hide". It will not show the effect on the person to them (only DM). However, the [EFFECTS +X] will probably still show in rolling.... tho im not intimate with the 5e rolling settings.
    Yes, it will show. It’s only to keep a real secret when an item is not ID. I’d call it a feature request, far from a complain! That extension is awesome! It should be included in the base software.
    Last edited by Chuckhdtv; January 17th, 2021 at 21:38.

It's a great extension, really, but it seems that in today's update to Unity it no longer works, for 5e at least.
    When a PC's sheet opens the Actions tab, a log error appears and weapons have no damage expressions (opening the editor shows the dice and bonuses but again shows a log of error). I allready tried different combinations of extensions (assuming it might be that) but even when I open a Campaign with just this ext the problem persist, but when opening a Campaign with every other ext I normally, use except for this, no error log.
    Hope something can be done, would really miss this one from my games

Quote Originally Posted by MasterZamna View Post
    It's a great extension, really, but it seems that in today's update to Unity it no longer works, for 5e at least.
    When a PC's sheet opens the Actions tab, a log error appears and weapons have no damage expressions (opening the editor shows the dice and bonuses but again shows a log of error). I allready tried different combinations of extensions (assuming it might be that) but even when I open a Campaign with just this ext the problem persist, but when opening a Campaign with every other ext I normally, use except for this, no error log.
    Hope something can be done, would really miss this one from my games
    I am without power in Texas but will check it out once things are back to normal. It might be end of week before I can.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Stay safe and stay warm, @celestian.

Thread Information