DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 45 of 101 First ... 3543444546475595 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    I'll try that!!!

ADVSKILL gives advantage on skill check

ACTION: The effect last one action

SELF: Apply on self, not target
    I didn't realize that the effects system actually parsed out those flags.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

In Rob2e spell coding, Favorite Enemy is coded pretty much like that.

Except for the IFT: TYPE(beast) part.

But that should be accepted by FGU effect parsing.

ADVSKILL could come from an extension, but I have it!

Problem solved...ADVSKILL do not work with targeting...so, no IFT: TYPE().

Cannot be automated like this...

Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    In Rob2e spell coding, Favorite Enemy is coded pretty much like that.

Except for the IFT: TYPE(beast) part.

But that should be accepted by FGU effect parsing.

ADVSKILL could come from an extension, but I have it!
    I was mostly referring to [ACTION] and [SELF]. I've never seen them like that. In the displays for effects it lists them like that on powers if you set those values but far as I've seen it didn't place them in the effect... but, keep in mind I dont play 5e all that often so it might actually work that way.

One thing AE does is set the source to a record that is not the "player" so in cases like ability mods and the like it won't work as the object source is not a "player" record. There are various discussions previously in this thread if you're interested in more about it... BUT this might be why it's not working for ADVSKILL requires something similar.

The source issue has been a problem that I've got an idea how to fix but not resolved yet.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Working with 5E Ruleset

Added the extension to the extensions folder.

Opened Options, scrolled down to [House Rules (GM)], and [Enabled] the [PC: Adv. Effect Edit].

Added a Dragon Slayer sword to the PC inventory, opened the sword details sheet, and added the dragons slaying effect code for the Dragon Slayer and toggled the ActionOnly radial dial: IFT: TYPE(dragon); DMG: 3d6

Added the PC to the Combat tracker. Note: I had to remove the add the PC back for the effect to show in the combat tracker.

Added a nasty dragon to the Combat Tracker.

Rolled damage - [DAMAGE (M)] Longsword Dragon Slayer [EFFECTS 3d6] [TYPE: magic (1d8+3d6+1=14)]

Advanced effect in use.

Nice script!
    Last edited by Smithicus; December 2nd, 2020 at 03:44.

I am trying to add the effect to the Combat Tracker for dragon sensing provided by dragon armor. For example, the dragon scale armor made from a black dragon allows the PC to sense any black dragon within 30 miles.

I am wanting to just add the effect to the armor like [Dragon Sense; aware of black dragons within 30 miles], but it does not show in the tracker.

blackdragonarmoreffect.JPG
    combattrackerdragonarmor.JPG

Thus far, I have been unsuccessful. Does this tool provide for Effects of Note?
    Last edited by Smithicus; December 2nd, 2020 at 04:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithicus View Post
    I am trying to add the effect to the Combat Tracker for dragon sensing provided by dragon armor. For example, the dragon scale armor made from a black dragon allows the PC to sense any black dragon within 30 miles.

I am wanting to just add the effect to the armor like [Dragon Sense; aware of black dragons within 30 miles], but it does not show in the tracker.

Thus far, I have been unsuccessful. Does this tool provide for Effects of Note?
    That should work, have you tried unequipping and re-equiping?
    ---

Remove and Re-add to Assure Changes in Combat Tracker

Remove and re-add solved the issue of effects changes to existing advanced effects items, even if the code is non-actionable.

EDIT: Also - equipping and unequipping resolves the issue (as you so plainly suggested) .

Turn it off and on again, as it were.

I had noticed the updates appeared to dynamically cascade to the Combat Tracker as I made them on the weapon, which cluttered my judgement that it would work with a simple edit.

It's 7 AM and all is well!

Thanks Celestian!
    Last edited by Smithicus; December 2nd, 2020 at 13:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithicus View Post
    Remove and re-add solved the issue of effects changes to existing advanced effects items, even if the code is non-actionable.

EDIT: Also - equipping and unequipping resolves the issue (as you so plainly suggested) .

Turn it off and on again, as it were.

I had noticed the updates appeared to dynamically cascade to the Combat Tracker as I made them on the weapon, which cluttered my judgement that it would work with a simple edit.

It's 7 AM and all is well!

Thanks Celestian!
    In theory it should auto-update in the CT but only if the effect existed before equipping.
    ---

Based on my testing with turning on and off extensions, I believe the 5e advanced effects doesn't play nice with the latest patch of unity. The newest patch from today (12/08) added native support for versatile weapons. If I load with advanced effects, it doesn't work properly. If I load without it, the damage dice of weapons properly switches when you switch how you are wielding the weapon (one or two handed).

Thread Information