5E Character Create Playlist
Page 44 of 101 First ... 3442434445465494 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    Ah ok, thanks a lot!

I want to mention that advanced effects interferes with both Weapon Handling and Advanced Weapon Damage.

Versatile weapons are not recognized as such, so no switch in damage between one- and two-handed situation.

Problem solved by pushing Advanced weapon Damage loadorder over Advanced Effect. Now everything seems to working properly. Cheers!
    Can you share the steps one must do to do this? here or PM is fine....and thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Seems to work for me[/IMG]
    Is there a video or good page you could suggest that would teach someone about doing effect editing for a DM? I would simply like to learn how to do some of these edits people speak of and don't even know where to start? (RTFM I am assuming but where exactly?) Thank you so much in advance for any help you can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    Sorry, but it doesn't work for NPCs to me.
    It works on PCs and items. When I add an advanced features on a NPC sheet, the feature isn't added on the combat tracker, even if I put the NPC in CT after changing the feature in the NPC's sheet.
    Sorry to bother you, but to me in FGU the extention doesn’t do this just for NPCs:

when I drag/drop the NPC into the combat tracker effects aren’t added automatically.

Lino, I am on FGU and can confirm that it works without issue with NPCs. Have you tried different NPCs? Are you trying to use NPCs from pre-made materials that are locked from editing like the Monster Manual? If you close and reopen the NPC sheet are the advanced effects still there?

Found the solution: it was because of the 5E-Map-Indicator-for-Death-(Extended-Version). After uninstalling and reinstalling it all is fine.
    Thanks for all.

Hi all, I'm trying to add Favored Enemy to my ranger as an advanced effect, but it doesn't trigger.

Here the code: Ranger; Favored Enemy; IFT: TYPE(beast); ADVSKILL: survival; [ACTION]; [SELF]

Is something off?

Hi all, I'm trying to add Favored Enemy to my ranger as an advanced effect, but it doesn't trigger.

Here the code: Ranger; Favored Enemy; IFT: TYPE(beast); ADVSKILL: survival; [ACTION]; [SELF]

Is something off?
    Do you have a beast targeted in the combat tracker when you make your survival check?

Yep. I have tried with a beast (dire wolf) and an undead (zombie).

It is not triggering with both.

Yep. I have tried with a beast (dire wolf) and an undead (zombie).

It is not triggering with both.
    Try adding something that gives it an extra dice of damage or something to verify that works. I am not familiar with ADVSKILL so can't say whether they work or not. I'm also not sure what [ACTION] and [SELF] are doing in the effect? Perhaps it's a 5e thing?

Change this:
    IFT: TYPE(beast); ADVSKILL: survival;

to this:
    IFT: TYPE(beast); DMG: 1d6

And see if it works.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I'll try that!!!

ADVSKILL gives advantage on skill check

ACTION: The effect last one action

SELF: Apply on self, not target

Thread Information