FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 37 of 101 First ... 2735363738394787 ... Last
    Tick this box I think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQPublic View Post
    There's a paladin in my group that dual wields a shortsword holy avenger and a hammer of throwing. Using the 5E - Advanced Effects extension I put an IFT on each weapon. Giant for the hammer and undead/fiend for the shortsword. That all works great to a point.

Whenever he attacks with either weapon, both IFT are processed.

Is there a way to make it only process the IFT when that specific weapon is being used to attack with, regardless of it's equipped status?
    I've moved this post to the thread for the extension you're using. If you have a question related to an extension, the place to ask a question is in the thread of that extension. This keeps all questions and answers together, has a better chance of attracting the attention of the extension developer, and doesn't overwhelm the "Extensions" forum - which is meant to be a place where people post their extensions, not ask questions about existing extensions. Please keep this in mind when posting questions about existing extensions in future. Thanks.
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 20th, 2020 at 09:46.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok maybe someone with more experience on this extension can clue me in, because I can't tell if I'm going this right. I've got the Bloodaxe, trying to add in the conditional necrotic damage (not construct or undead). As a test right now, I'm trying to just go after a humanoid target (Cult Fanatic) but the 1d6 necrotic damage isn't applying. I'm using "IFT:TYPE(humanoid);DMG:1d6,necrotic;" for the effect. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?
    https://prntscr.com/t3b6xg

Make sure that you created the weapon, added it to the player's inventory and then added the player to the Combat Tracker. The effect should show up as soon as the players is placed on the CT.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ok I ended up finding that the weapon was in the inventory but was not flagged as equipped. As soon as it was equipped, boom, effect applied. Gotta say, I like that level of functionality!

The example shown added effects with syntax that I don't see in the 5E effects wiki.

EffectsQuestion.JPG

Is the syntax of "for [2d6 rnds]" and "visibility [hide]" from an extension? Where is this documented?

Effects Syntax question with "for" and "visibility"

The example shown added effects with syntax that I don't see in the 5E effects wiki.

EffectsQuestion.JPG

Is the syntax of "for [2d6 rnds]" and "visibility [hide]" from an extension? Where is this documented?

I have set these things with the effect UI on the CT. But that UI is not available through this extension. I don't see any documentation on writing it syntactically.

Sorry for the double post. Didn't see it post my original question and thought I did something wrong.
    Last edited by Mithtaken; August 12th, 2020 at 15:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithtaken View Post

EffectsQuestion.JPG

I have set these things with the effect UI on the CT. But that UI is not available through this extension. I don't see any documentation on writing it syntactically.

Sorry for the double post. Didn't see it post my original question and thought I did something wrong.
    Click on the effect and edit it.

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Sorry, For some reason I found myself typing the whole string out without the box. But, I can see it works as intended. Thanks!

When I add effects to an NPC and then drop them in the combat tracker, their effects are not being added?

Nevermind it was the death token extension causing the issue.
    Last edited by bwatford; August 29th, 2020 at 00:28.

Thread Information