5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 34 of 101 First ... 2432333435364484 ... Last
    Hi, Has anyone by chance done a pathfinder version of this?

Quote Originally Posted by solomani View Post
    Basically, an effect that triggers automatically, usually, at the start of a monsters turn when a hostile creature is within a certain range. For example, a terrifying iron golem has a 10-foot aura that does 5 poison damage to all hostile creatures (PCs from the mosnters point of view) at the start of the golems turn.
    I don't think it automates it but you can token stack. You can place an aura on npc/pc token to allow visual aid for aura.
    There is a video in the link that explains and demonstrates.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...1-on-DMs-Guild

I have a question. If I wanted to create an extension that created items that included prebuilt effects, and in so doing use this extension, in them how would I go about doing so?

I started with the following:

Code:
    	local nodeNewItem = DB.copyNode(nodeItem);
    	local nodeEffectList = DB.getChild(nodeNewItem, "effectlist");
    	if not nodeEffectList then
    		nodeEffectList = nodeNewItem.createChild("effectlist");
    	end

local nodeEffect = DB.createChild(nodeEffectList);
    	DB.setValue(nodeEffect, "effect", "string", "my effect goes here");
    	DB.setValue(nodeEffect, "actiononly", "bool", true);
    Basically I used DB.copyNode to create a new copy of an item.
    I then try to get the effectlist of that item.
    If one doesn't already exist I create a new effectlist node.
    I then create a new node for where the effect will go.
    lastly I set the values of the fields for the effect.

Now this code doesn't work. The item when viewed has no effects listed.
    So I'm wondering where I'm going wrong.
    I'm also unsure of what type actiononly should be.
    Last edited by rmilmine; May 3rd, 2020 at 16:33.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    I have a question. If I wanted to create an extension that created items that included prebuilt effects, and in so doing use this extension, in them how would I go about doing so?

I started with the following:

Code:
    	local nodeNewItem = DB.copyNode(nodeItem);
    	local nodeEffectList = DB.getChild(nodeNewItem, "effectlist");
    	if not nodeEffectList then
    		nodeEffectList = nodeNewItem.createChild("effectlist");
    	end

local nodeEffect = DB.createChild(nodeEffectList);
    	DB.setValue(nodeEffect, "effect", "string", "my effect goes here");
    	DB.setValue(nodeEffect, "actiononly", "bool", true);
    Basically I used DB.copyNode to create a new copy of an item.
    I then try to get the effectlist of that item.
    If one doesn't already exist I create a new effectlist node.
    I then create a new node for where the effect will go.
    lastly I set the values of the fields for the effect.

Now this code doesn't work. The item when viewed has no effects listed.
    So I'm wondering where I'm going wrong.
    I'm also unsure of what type actiononly should be.

What I would suggest is to create a item and pc with effects, save the campaign and then open the db.xml. From that you should be able to determine what you need to programmatically add to create them.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I am quite new to fantasy grounds especially and very new to extensions, however I am currently the DM for 2 Campaigns and a Player for 2 others and wanted to know if it is possible to use advanced effects for any of the following (which would make life so much easier!):

Lay on Hands (Especially keeping track of points used and curing poisons and diseases)
    Guidance/Resistance (lets the player use add a d4 to their ability check/Saving Roll)
    Bardic/Combat Inspiration (adds a d6 or d8 for improved to a roll)
    Combat Superiority Die
    Song of Rest (adds 1d6 when Hit Dice are used)
    Blessing of the Forge (makes a non magical armour or weapon +1 until end of long rest)
    Channel Divinity: Preserve Life (Can heal for point equivalent to 5 times the cleric level upto non bloodied)
    Channel Divinity: Sacred Weapon (Adds Cha to a Weapons Attack Rolls for 1 min)
    Heroism (Immune to Fear and 4 Temp HP each round for 1 min)
    Sleep (roll 5d8 then starting with creature on Lowest HP up to amount rolled and puts them to sleep for 1 min)
    Reckless (Gives advantage on attacks for the turn and grants advantage to attackers until start of next turn)
    Divine Smite (adds 2d8 Radiant Damage for 1st level spell slot +1d8 extra for undead or each spell level higher)
    Mirror Image (add 3 images and attacks have decreasing chance of hitting an image)
    Lesser Restoration (Remove 1 condition be it a poison or disease)
    Invisibility (Touch a willing creature who becomes invisible for 1 hour or until they attack or cast a spell)
    Vicious Mockery (specifically the effect for Disadvantage on next attack roll)

I have managed to create a sneak effect and hex from the forums but found that something is going wrong (They target a creature and attack hit then they apply their sneak/hex effect but then when they roll the damage is doesn't apply it even though the creature is still showing as a target in the CT).

Finally a couple of characters have magical items with powers such as the staff of major power which has spells on it, is it possible to have these powers without affecting the characters spell list?

Any help would be very much appreciated as it would make the game run much smoother.

Many Thanks

Selonuk

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    What I would suggest is to create a item and pc with effects, save the campaign and then open the db.xml. From that you should be able to determine what you need to programmatically add to create them.
    Figured I out thanks. The bug wasn't in the code I showed it was elsewhere.
    But it did help me figure out other things.

I do have a question about the advanced_effect_editor_main...

Where do the lines come from?

I can't seem to find them anywhere and I want to move one down a little so that I can add a checkbox.
    I'm trying to port your extension to 3.5e/pf.

I'm mostly done. i just want to allow for the ability to add an effect to an item that is just a label and does not include the item name.
    I'm hoping I can get it so that other effects can use the label but have that label only in effect while the item that created it is used.
    This would allow for ammo with effects to see if a ranged item that sets the right effect is in use and then do it's effect accordingly.

Actually I figured a better way to do it. As a new base type of effect.
    Still would like to know how the xml works and where the lines are hidden though.

You mind if I post a version of your extension that works for 3.5E and Pathfinder?
    I added one item to it as mentioned above. There is a new type, label, it basically doesn't include the item name in the effect allowing for the ability of other items to use it as a trigger.
    I'm looking at arrows and bolts. such that +1 flaming bolts would have IF: (Ranged Attack);ATK: 1; DMG: 1d6 fire and the crossbow would have a Label effect "Ranged Attack" that is Action Only.
    Equip both items and then use the crossbow and both effects go off.

Couldn't you just do ATK: 1 ranged; DMG: 1d6 ranged, fire ? I'm not sure if 3.5E / Pathfinder work with that, but I know 5E does...
    I'm always looking for ways to enhance the fantasy grounds experience, feel free to reach out to me with suggestions.
    For a list of all my extensions look here.

The best way to contact me regarding any of my extensions is on Discord in the #kent-mccullough-stuff channel.

Sorry that should have been IF: CUSTOM(Ranged Attack); ATK: 1; DMG: 1d6 fire. Both support this.
    ranged is supported by 3.5e and pathfinder. ranged would go off for all ranged attacks. This will only go off for a weapon with this effect attached.

Thread Information