5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 16 of 101 First ... 614151617182666 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    It seems like there must be some way to detect a natural 1 on to hit rolls because the built in fumble table works when we roll a natural 1.
    Yes, and you can trigger the fumble table with it. But the only effect that can detect a natural 1 is 'reroll', and that just rerolls, you can't have a natural 1 trigger something else (without writing an extension).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Yes, and you can trigger the fumble table with it. But the only effect that can detect a natural 1 is 'reroll', and that just rerolls, you can't have a natural 1 trigger something else (without writing an extension).
    Now we need an extension writing wizard to fly in and say "Oh, that would be easy to do" and have it already attached to the reply! lol *fingers crossed*

I'm using this extension and in my first real game on FG yesterday I encountered a problem. Not a problem per se but maybe a suggestion?

The party came across a roadblock and wanted to investigate. 2 people went ahead and started looking around. One found something hiding in the bushes. I used the little button on the encounter page to add them to the CT and create their pre-placed tokens. When I did that, there were 4 chat messages saying "Goblin added" or something. Those messages revealed to the party that there were 4 Goblins in the encounter. I was only going to reveal one of the Tokens and go from there and maybe the others would be a surprise.

Is this normal behavior? What can I do to prevent this?

Edit: Added screenshot Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 19.24.47.png
    Last edited by HuseyinCinar; November 27th, 2018 at 16:25.

Quote Originally Posted by HuseyinCinar View Post
    I'm using this extension and in my first real game on FG yesterday I encountered a problem. Not a problem per se but maybe a suggestion?

The party came across a roadblock and wanted to investigate. 2 people went ahead and started looking around. One found something hiding in the bushes. I used the little button on the encounter page to add them to the CT and create their pre-placed tokens. When I did that, there were 4 chat messages saying "Goblin added" or something. Those messages revealed to the party that there were 4 Goblins in the encounter. I was only going to reveal one of the Tokens and go from there and maybe the others would be a surprise.

Is this normal behavior? What can I do to prevent this?

Edit: Added screenshot Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 19.24.47.png
    I would remove the effects that do nothing (that blank message seems to imply that there are effects on those npcs w/o any text).

You can also "hide" effects from PCs so that they don't see that. Check the options for visibility for each effect configuration.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I fear you worry over nothing. Although in the DM chat it shows that Goblins have been added with an effect. The players will have been completely oblivious to this since nothing would have shown on their chat.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; November 27th, 2018 at 18:53.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I fear you worry over nothing. Although in the DM chat it shows that Goblins have been added with an effect. The players will have been completely oblivions to this since nothing would have shown on their chat.
    I am not familiar with his theme so couldn't tell if that was DM only chat. I assumed he had a client connected that said they could see it.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I am not familiar with his theme so couldn't tell if that was DM only chat. I assumed he had a client connected that said they could see it.
    Judging by the CT that is the DM view. But in any case the players will never see what is being added to the CT. Players are not aware of NPCs on the CT or on the map until they are made visible by the DM. Furthermore effects which are applied to a creature such as resistances etc are not broadcast to the players either. So even if the Goblins above had an actual effect or not would be immaterial as far as the players are concerned. Once the NPCs are made visible then there is a message sent to the client to say that it is the NPCs turn - but even then effects applied to the NPC don't get broadcast.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Judging by the CT that is the DM view. But in any case the players will never see what is being added to the CT. Players are not aware of NPCs on the CT or on the map until they are made visible by the DM. Furthermore effects which are applied to a creature such as resistances etc are not broadcast to the players either. So even if the Goblins above had an actual effect or not would be immaterial as far as the players are concerned. Once the NPCs are made visible then there is a message sent to the client to say that it is the NPCs turn - but even then effects applied to the NPC don't get broadcast.
    I wrote my own add/remove messages to output specific values (so you could see what item applied/etc). So unless you set the effect "hide" it will show... unless it's an item an unidentified I think.

I might go back and see about adding in a default to hiding npcs effects dropped into the CT since they initially are invisible anyway.

Here is the option you need to set. This option works across npc, pcs and items.

---

I agreed that unhidden effects on an NPC will be visible on the client side CT; but my point was that this fact isn't broadcast in chat which was I think what the OP was concerned about. Even with effects not hidden nothing will show up on the chat as far as effects on an NPC is concerned; not even effects which the PCs might have applied.

I agreed that unhidden effects on an NPC will be visible on the client side CT; but my point was that this fact isn't broadcast in chat which was I think what the OP was concerned about. Even with effects not hidden nothing will show up on the chat as far as effects on an NPC is concerned; not even effects which the PCs might have applied.
    But it does broadcast in chat unless it's hidden. That's what I was saying. I use the CoreRPG add effect but I don't use it's text output for the reasons previously mentioned.
    ---

Thread Information