5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 11 of 101 First ... 9101112132161 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Salva View Post
    Hi Celestian, cant managed to get the "Rakish Audacity" feature to work when placing the effect on the Abilities tab of a PC.
    I tried with "INIT: [CHA]", "INIT_AE:CHA", and even using the inbuild Description choice that result in "INIT_AE:4;" when forcing to "Initiative 4" (see pic) Attachment 23425
    I am doing something wrong?
    Thank you
    You'll have to forgive me, 5E is not my game. What is the result you are expecting it to have?
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    You'll have to forgive me, 5E is not my game.
    Wow thats a surprise, from the awesome work you have done i though it was.
    What is the result you are expecting it to have?
    The effect wanted is to add the charisma modifier of the pc to its initiative rolls.
    Thanks!!

The effect wanted is to add the charisma modifier of the pc to its initiative rolls.
    Thanks!!
    This needs to be done from the character sheet. Adding in modifiers related directly to a character needs to be done by the character from their own actions tab; otherwise FG has no way of knowing what modifier to use. The way that this extension works does not relate the effects to the character in such a way that such a thing as you want can be successfully achieved.

So, just create an effect in the character's action tab INIT: [CHA], set the targeting to self and the expand to never and use the running man icon to place it on the PC.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Wow thats a surprise, from the awesome work you have done i though it was.
    I've played one or two games but my main game is AD&D A lot of my extensions come from the building of AD&D Core. Since they are both quite similar it's not that hard for me to create an extension of the same features for those that want them in the 5e ruleset.

Thanks!!
    Ah, it's one of these issues. The post after it also goes into a little more detail. Zacchaeus explains it correctly tho.

tldr; effects are applied by the object it's attached to so I can keep track of when it's suppose to be there or not. In this case items.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Ah, it's one of these issues. The post after it also goes into a little more detail. Zacchaeus explains it correctly tho.

tldr; effects are applied by the object it's attached to so I can keep track of when it's suppose to be there or not. In this case items.
    Ok got it thank you very much.
    Still when i apply the effect only with the tool it doesnt work either: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LhW...ew?usp=sharing
    If i do it manually it does work.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Salva; May 10th, 2018 at 20:11.

The video is a little fuzzy but it seems that there's some extra letters being added which is why it doesn't work. Looks like the effect being created is INIT_AE: 4 The _AE bit is what's causing your issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The video is a little fuzzy but it seems that there's some extra letters being added which is why it doesn't work. Looks like the effect being created is INIT_AE: 4 The _AE bit is what's causing your issue.
    Yeah sorry, i have corrected it already. I mean the quality of the video.
    The _AE bit is placed automatically by the extension so maybe it has some issue when "translating" that one.
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by Salva; May 10th, 2018 at 20:43.

Has anyone else got this extension working with the current 5e rukeset?

in What way does it not work with the current ruleset?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    in What way does it not work with the current ruleset?
    Generally its more fun if you dont actually say what you are having trouble with and you let everyone try and guess.

Thread Information