5E Character Create Playlist
Page 24 of 100 First ... 1422232425263474 ... Last
    You need to update for FGU as well

Quote Originally Posted by Naroe View Post
    You need to update for FGU as well
    The post right above your post has an FGU test version.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thank you Celestian, it loads just fine now. Two things from my quick testing..

The drop down menus are not there. Clicking the top menu scrolls through the SAVE, IMMUNITIES, ect, but no drop down menus below it.

You CAN, however, add an effect, and the ones I tested worked. BUT..when you close the add effect window on an item, the effect does not show immediately on the item. It you close the item window and re-open it, the effect is shown. The effect is shown in the combat tracker (after equiping) and works as advertised.

When adding an effect to the abilities tab, the same thing happens, except closing the character window does not help, when you re-open it you see a blank effect. When you add the pc to the combat tracker, however, the effect is shown there.

So...works, but it doesn't look like it works, if that makes sense. Thanks again for your work on this, it really is an indispensable extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtoad View Post

You CAN, however, add an effect, and the ones I tested worked. BUT..when you close the add effect window on an item, the effect does not show immediately on the item. It you close the item window and re-open it, the effect is shown. The effect is shown in the combat tracker (after equiping) and works as advertised.

When adding an effect to the abilities tab, the same thing happens, except closing the character window does not help, when you re-open it you see a blank effect. When you add the pc to the combat tracker, however, the effect is shown there.
    This is related to FGU having some issues with window refreshing (mentioned in post). It's been reported so I am sure they will sort it out.

I also think the combobox issue is connected to this problem since it's nothing but a window manipulation in the style of a combobox (it's not a combobox API control).

As they push through more updates I'll continue to work on these to make sure they function as they do in FGC.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Excellent and thanks again.

I did have a wild idea.. Is it feasible to assign an effect to an area on a map? Or perhaps an area around a token on a map? I suspect the answer is no, but it's worth throwing the idea out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtoad View Post
    Excellent and thanks again.

I did have a wild idea.. Is it feasible to assign an effect to an area on a map? Or perhaps an area around a token on a map? I suspect the answer is no, but it's worth throwing the idea out there.
    Well, anything is "possible" but currently the only way to do that is a lot of kludgy written code that probably should be in the API (IMO). If they plan to implement audio/light/positional at some point down the road they will need to have some way to detect "tokenEnter" and "tokenExit" and trigger things based on that...If that comes along I'll be happy to make use of it.

But, not right now for this extension at least.
    ---

Does not seem to work properly. I am coding a simple ring of protection, I get this in the chat log when I equip the ring

Advanced effect ['Ring of Protection;STR:1;"] [to Tibbs] [by Ring of Protection]

That is one line, I entered saves for all of the abilities and entered a bonus of 1 for AC, first of all should it not specify saves? It looks like its boosting the entire stat bonus, second, it does not boost anything. The chat log says its applied, but when I roll there is no change

Quote Originally Posted by Zandel View Post
    Does not seem to work properly. I am coding a simple ring of protection, I get this in the chat log when I equip the ring

Advanced effect ['Ring of Protection;STR:1;"] [to Tibbs] [by Ring of Protection]

That is one line, I entered saves for all of the abilities and entered a bonus of 1 for AC, first of all should it not specify saves? It looks like its boosting the entire stat bonus, second, it does not boost anything. The chat log says its applied, but when I roll there is no change
    Can you provide a screen shot of what is entered in the item?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Zandel View Post
    the effect code for adding a bonus to saving throws is "SAVE: 1" The STR, CON codes affect the stat modifier. You can see the details here.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thread Information