FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 65 of 100 First ... 1555636465666775 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe the Homunculus View Post
    Oh - so why not just add the extra crit die as a "Power" on the character sheet. Then when they roll the crit, after the auto-roll, they can just roll the extra "Power" dice.
    I mean, I guess you could do that but why clutter up the Powers when Fantasy Grounds provides the capability natively? Simply click the magnifying glass on the WEAPONS heading on the actions tab and add the number of extra critical die you should use, you just set it and forget it and it works for all weapons regardless of the dice type.

Also, if manual steps are going to be required, better to delete an effect once per item than remember to activate an ability every time a crit is rolled in addition to setting up a new ability for every damage type and dice used by the characters weapons. Plus multiple damage instances is detrimental for automating things like concentration and can cause rounding differences in case of resistance.
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

Blog Entries
    Hello celestian.

The issue I am seeing is rather esoteric and is probably based on my very specific circumstances/setup, so, that said, should you wish to ignore this issue, no biggie.

I run a 5E solo campaign at times in which I have at my disposal 5 PC's.

To repeat the behavior:
    (1) I started the DM/GM instance on my PC.
    (2) I then started a second instance of FG on the same computer, my "Player" instance.
    (3) I connected the Player instance to the DM instance using "Join Campaign" over a LAN connection to "localhost".
    (4) In the Player instance I brought in all five of my characters to the campaign.
    (5) In the DM instance, when I dragged each of the five PCs into the Combat Tracker, the portrait displayed in the chat window was the same for each of the characters. In this case the PC in the left-most position on the desktop.

Attached is a screenshot that indicates that the only extension that I have loaded is the Advanced Effects extension and that, as far as I know it is the latest version (from FG Forge). Note that for each of the PCs the portrait in the Chat is that of "Tamsin"; not the actual portrait of the PC (as seen in the upper left).

Again, this is pretty esoteric, and doesn't seem to affect play. When one of the PC's attacks an NPC, the proper portrait is displayed in the chat. The only time the wrong portrait is displayed is when the PCs are initially dragged into the Combat Tracker.

[EDIT] forgot the screenshot, so here it is.
    Untitled.png

Thanks celestian, I really appreciate your work.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; November 21st, 2021 at 22:02. Reason: forgot the screen shot
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Blog Entries
    Hello again celestian,

Unfortunately I have found another peculiarity. I had reported the oddity to the 5E bug reports thread and was told by Moon Wizard that the issue is probably caused by an extension. Low and behold, after a little more investigation, I have confirmed he is correct and that your fine extension is the culprit.

The bug report can be found here, posts 761 and 762.

Attached is a screen shot indicating that your extension is the only one loaded.
    (When it is not loaded the problem is not observed).

Portions of the sub windows in the screen shot are:
    (1) the chat - indicates Advanced Effects is the only extension loaded
    (2) a brand new, empty character sheet
    (3) the AC/Init/Speed sub dialog - with errors circled.
    Untitled.png
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; November 24th, 2021 at 02:16.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    Hello again celestian,

Unfortunately I have found another peculiarity. I had reported the oddity to the 5E bug reports thread and was told by Moon Wizard that the issue is probably caused by an extension. Low and behold, after a little more investigation, I have confirmed he is correct and that your fine extension is the culprit.

The bug report can be found here, posts 761 and 762.

Attached is a screen shot indicating that your extension is the only one loaded.
    (When it is not loaded the problem is not observed).

Portions of the sub windows in the screen shot are:
    (1) the chat - indicates Advanced Effects is the only extension loaded
    (2) a brand new, empty character sheet
    (3) the AC/Init/Speed sub dialog - with errors circled.
    Untitled.png
    Must be something they recently started using. I needed it for the cycler menus I use. I'll tweak it so mine doesn't override 5e.

As to your other question, I've been aware of that issue but not looked into fixing it. It's a one time issue that frankly I can't see causing anyone much consternation. I am also not entirely sure it's something I can correct. I suspect it's related to how CoreRPG handles owners and not being in initiative.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Is there a way (using this extension or otherwise) to have a Wand of the War mage +1 work as an equipped effect? I've been going into each attack spell and individually adding the +1 manually. I am not concerned with ignoring 1/2 cover, I can factor that in myself on a case by case basis.

I dont think there is but you can go into the spells meta data and give the +1 there and not have to do each individual spell. I just recently acquired a +2 Rod of the PactKeeper and found that was what worked.
    Let me know if this helps or if need more info

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    Is there a way (using this extension or otherwise) to have a Wand of the War mage +1 work as an equipped effect? I've been going into each attack spell and individually adding the +1 manually. I am not concerned with ignoring 1/2 cover, I can factor that in myself on a case by case basis.
    I'm not familiar with 5e or the ruleset "that much" so you'll have to explain a bit more. I don't think that you can have a item with powers attached to it in the 5e ruleset? If you only need to add +1 to all attacks if they have it equipped then it should add it to all attacks if it's not flagged "action only".

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    The above doesn't work as it will apply to everything.

You need to edit each spell/group according assuming they have it out and equipped.
    Or you can have them apply the effect when it's equipped and it will effect all attacks. You can make it effect ONLY ranged attacks thus limiting your chances of forgetting, however, your spells like shocking grasp would miss out on the effect. I've found it best to apply it to all spells manually in the spell itself (or the overall grouping). Then if you don't have it equipped for the rare casts, give yourself a modifier -1 when using that like that. Most of the time players are going to use the wand out.

Unfortunately most recent update seems to have borked everything.

"Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_affect_adnd.la"]510:attempt to call field 'getActorFromCT' (a nil value)" when attempting to auto-apply an effect by equipping an item.

Thread Information