Starfinder Playlist
Page 81 of 101 First ... 3171798081828391 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I'm going to assume a few things, like it's not temp HP, you only wanted it once a turn, etc.

This code will require

Advanced Effects and Better Combat Effects Gold.

This below goes on the weapon itself.
    SDMGADDS: LoveTap; DUSE; ATURN
    (Make sure to click action only)

This below goes in the effects list in the top right.
    LoveTap;IF:Bloodied; REGENE: 5

DUSE will cause it to disable each attack, ATURN turns it back on at the start of any turn (note this is not start of round, so this can make it happen 2 times in a round, but only once a turn)

This also will heal at the end users turn. There are other ways to automate it but seemed like this one fit the best. You can use REGENA: 5 if you want it to insta heal, however, that can have other issues I've seen.

Let me know how it works out for you.
    I'm glad the above works but I'm confused as to why this doesn't also work... LoveTap on Action Only and then use the provided duration fields to determine duration?

Quote Originally Posted by septantrionalis View Post
    I'm glad the above works but I'm confused as to why this doesn't also work... LoveTap on Action Only and then use the provided duration fields to determine duration?
    I'm not sure exactly what you trying to do.

ACTION ONLY is used for WEAPON ATTACKS only.

So when you use that weapon in combat it will apply the effects in either ATTACK or/and DAMAGE with that weapon only IF ACTION ONLY is checked.

You can use a duration field on effects, but if you are applying Advanced Effects, you can't do a duration as they are either on while equipped or on the Char when put into the CT. (or NPC). There is no duration for this.

If you have questions on how BCEG works, I would post over there and explain what you are asking. I'm not really fully sure what you are trying to do or what is not being understood.

Overall. Advanced Effects do not use duration.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I'm not sure exactly what you trying to do.

ACTION ONLY is used for WEAPON ATTACKS only.

So when you use that weapon in combat it will apply the effects in either ATTACK or/and DAMAGE with that weapon only IF ACTION ONLY is checked.

You can use a duration field on effects, but if you are applying Advanced Effects, you can't do a duration as they are either on while equipped or on the Char when put into the CT. (or NPC). There is no duration for this.

If you have questions on how BCEG works, I would post over there and explain what you are asking. I'm not really fully sure what you are trying to do or what is not being understood.

Overall. Advanced Effects do not use duration.
    I'm trying to understand how the Action Only option in 5E Advanced Effects is working. I think the combination of things noted above finally made it click for me...

I had thought...
    Action Only meant the action would trigger the effect to be applied as a result of the action. So why couldn't any effect; LoveTap, Dodge, Blinded, Turned, etc. be the applied effect as a result of the action?

Now I'm understanding it to be...
    Action Only means the effect is applied for that immediate action only. This would be the equivalent to Fantasy Ground's original Spell/Ability Effects field of Expend = On Next Action. Except Action Only would apply to every action from that weapon.

"Overall. Advanced Effects do not use duration." <- That's confusing, given the fields are built into the window when applying Effect Features to an item. Is the Type field also ignored by 5E Advanced Effects?

If I'm still misunderstanding, tell me. I'll try and discuss on your discord.

Quote Originally Posted by septantrionalis View Post
    I'm trying to understand how the Action Only option in 5E Advanced Effects is working. I think the combination of things noted above finally made it click for me...

I had thought...
    Action Only meant the action would trigger the effect to be applied as a result of the action. So why couldn't any effect; LoveTap, Dodge, Blinded, Turned, etc. be the applied effect as a result of the action?

Now I'm understanding it to be...
    Action Only means the effect is applied for that immediate action only. This would be the equivalent to Fantasy Ground's original Spell/Ability Effects field of Expend = On Next Action. Except Action Only would apply to every action from that weapon.

"Overall. Advanced Effects do not use duration." <- That's confusing, given the fields are built into the window when applying Effect Features to an item. Is the Type field also ignored by 5E Advanced Effects?

If I'm still misunderstanding, tell me. I'll try and discuss on your discord.

I stand corrected, you CAN use that as a duration, however, I've never used that before. I guess if it's for if you equip something it will only give you that effect while equipped AND for that duration that you put in the dice and mod.
    So the dice there is for random duration effect, and mod would be a set effect (or in addition to the dice), unit is for how long it will last.

Remember this is for only from the time it's equipped and stays equipped the whole time.

So again, this wouldn't affect the duration of things you apply through the effect that is already on, this only is affecting the effect that is on the item.
    Most items I know do not have their effects expire like this.

You don't equip dodges and blinded etc through your inventory. You would just apply an effect normally that does that. Those effects would have a duration.

Again the duration is ONLY for equipped items duration if that effect has a limited duration. Example would be like a torch.
    You pull out a torch that gives you LIGHT: 20/40 torch effect for 1 hour.
    After 1 hour the effect will come off, even though you have the torch equipped still.

Now if you using like a magical sword that does DMG: 1d6 fire on all attacks, this would not have a duration at all. (you would turn on action only)
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    No, if you're having a issue please post specific errors and version you are running. If it's a interaction with another extension I'd point you at that authors thread.
    I thought I replied to this, but apparently it didn't save or I'm just not seeing it I'm using the latest version from Forge, it's not an interaction with an extension it does it when it's the only one installed as well as when all my others are on. What happens (at least what I've found so far) when I click to make a roll (attrib roll, saving throw, attacks, damage, skill checks), the roll visually happens, but it doesn't show up in chat and an error pops up... I also can't add enemies to the combat tracker. I can add heroes but nothing from the NPC list. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but that's what I can think of in the moment. Attaching the errors from console.log not sure if any others matter.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Carpathian View Post
    I thought I replied to this, but apparently it didn't save or I'm just not seeing it I'm using the latest version from Forge, it's not an interaction with an extension it does it when it's the only one installed as well as when all my others are on. What happens (at least what I've found so far) when I click to make a roll (attrib roll, saving throw, attacks, damage, skill checks), the roll visually happens, but it doesn't show up in chat and an error pops up... I also can't add enemies to the combat tracker. I can add heroes but nothing from the NPC list. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but that's what I can think of in the moment. Attaching the errors from console.log not sure if any others matter.
    You might think you're using the latest version, but you are not. You're using v4.9 which is from March of 2021. We are now up to v5.91 as of last month.
    You should check whether you have a second, un-zipped copy in your extensions folder (and delete it if you do).

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    You might think you're using the latest version, but you are not. You're using v4.9 which is from March of 2021. We are now up to v5.91 as of last month.
    You should check whether you have a second, un-zipped copy in your extensions folder (and delete it if you do).
    Sounds like he still has the old .ext in his folder. I would remove all of those and any folders called AdvancedEffects.*
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thanks so much! I'll check that!

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Sounds like he still has the old .ext in his folder. I would remove all of those and any folders called AdvancedEffects.*
    That was it... I just deleted advanacedeffects.ext and it installed the right version but there weren't any other copies so I have no idea why it didn't get updated LOL

Hello,
    I'm trying to implement 5e "Relentless Endurance" feat of Half Orcs as an Advanced Effect in Abilities sheet tab. Before I was using it as a manual effect to be activated by player each time (which works correctly).

Now, I'm using this code on abilities sheet: [IF: unconscious; REGENA: 1]. Means that if an attack reduce the character to 0 Hp it regain suddenly one hit point coming back to life.
    I works great like the manual effect I was using before, however the effect itself remains active. See picture below:

1. Before last attack:

1.png

2. After last attack and Relentless Endurance activation:

2.png

3. How it should look like

3.png

Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong?
    I tried to flag the "ActionOnly" as well with no luck.

Thanks!

PS: good news is that even staying as point 2, the relentless endurance feat is not applied anymore, which is correct. So it seems that the effect is canceled but it remains written in combat tracker.

Thread Information