DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 22 of 101 First ... 1220212223243272 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus View Post
    Terrible sorry if this was already discussed: is it at all possible with this extencion (or any other way) to add racial resistance to PC? Like dwarven resiliance or hellish ones? Coundn't find it anywhere and my search led me here.
    This is where that would fit.

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    However the correct ffigure is being used to determine hit or miss, so I believe that Celestian is correct in that it is simply a visual thing.
    Correct. This is the way IFT has always worked for attacks - in most rulesets, not just 5E. As Moon Wizard mentions, it's due to the possibility of re-using the attack against another target (or having multiple targets), where the effects may apply, or not. Hence the original roll total is not modified, but the attack value against a matching creature type is modified.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Correct. This is the way IFT has always worked for attacks - in most rulesets, not just 5E. As Moon Wizard mentions, it's due to the possibility of re-using the attack against another target (or having multiple targets), where the effects may apply, or not. Hence the original roll total is not modified, but the attack value against a matching creature type is modified.
    Aha. Right, I can see where that would be needed. Jolly good; nothing to see here.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Need help: i would like to make effect to rapier of lifestealing (3d6 necrotic on critical roll)? wrote "DMG:3D6 necrotic,critical" doesnt appear to be working.
    Sorry, am terribly new to this and just getting a hang of this
    Last edited by Larus; June 1st, 2019 at 12:25.

Need help: i would like to make effect to rapier of lifestealing (3d6 necrotic on critical roll)? wrote "DMG:3D6 necrotic,critical" doesnt appear to be working.
    This isn't a Advanced Effects thing but how effects in general are handled it seems. The order of the keywords seem to matter.

DMG:3d6 critical,necrotic

That worked for me, having critical first.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

The effect you are looking for is DMG: 3d6, necrotic, critical. It's a lower case 'd' rather than an upper case one. I've also tested critical, necrotic and necrotic, critical and it still works the same way - at least it does when not using the extension (I didn't test on the extension).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

If you want actual "life steal" I would set up a spell on the actions tab with the above code. That keeps it separate from the other damage so the dm can control-drag it from chat to the PCs wounds to heal the PC, if that's what you actually want to do.

edit: BTW, this extension is AWESOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The effect you are looking for is DMG: 3d6, necrotic, critical. It's a lower case 'd' rather than an upper case one. I've also tested critical, necrotic and necrotic, critical and it still works the same way - at least it does when not using the extension (I didn't test on the extension).
    Ah, I missed the comma behind the damage, didn't catch that.

This is why im not a big fan of string parsed options. To picky!
    ---

Thank you all oh so much, it worked like a charm. Added with this extention, cause i dunno where to add otherwise. But it works which is good!
    If you want actual "life steal" I would set up a spell on the actions tab with the above code. That keeps it separate from the other damage so the dm can control-drag it from chat to the PCs wounds to heal the PC, if that's what you actually want to do.
    Just to see if i got this straight - i set up a heal spell for 3d6? But it would actually throw this dices and the amount probly wount be the same as the damage? Or am i missing something?

Thank you all oh so much, it worked like a charm. Added with this extention, cause i dunno where to add otherwise. But it works which is good!

Just to see if i got this straight - i set up a heal spell for 3d6? But it would actually throw this dices and the amount probly wount be the same as the damage? Or am i missing something?
    No, it would be a damage spell, DMG:3d6,necrotic applied to the target that you would use manually when you crit. Don't put anything on the weapon itself. When you roll it, the DM would have to control-drag it (control makes it negative)from the chat window to the players wound (or temp) box so that the damage the creature takes and the "life steal"(heal) the PC receives are the same. I don't know of any other way to make the same roll apply to two different actions/effects, which is what I believe you are trying to do here.

Also, I cant figure out how to make a weapon heal[self] on a crit. Don't know if it can be done.

Thread Information