DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 17 First ... 51314151617 Last
    will there be an update at any point in the future that will be able to produce tables with multiple columns, I can see this as being the next possible improvement to an already great time saving tool

Quote Originally Posted by feelej25 View Post
    will there be an update at any point in the future that will be able to produce tables with multiple columns, I can see this as being the next possible improvement to an already great time saving tool
    It already supports multiple columns. double space for separation. If/when FGU supports "tab" for pasted text I'll use that.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

thanks i hadn't found the double space shortcut

I tried pasting in some odd numbered lists and couldn't for the life of me, figure out why it wouldn't roll a d28

Editing the list down to a standard die set got the results I wanted. ie d20, d6 etc

I'm assuming this is a feature

Is it possible to create tables with a d54 for example ?
    Ultimate License Holder & FGU backer
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:
    *Opus Christini Traveller campaign

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    I tried pasting in some odd numbered lists and couldn't for the life of me, figure out why it wouldn't roll a d28

Editing the list down to a standard die set got the results I wanted. ie d20, d6 etc

I'm assuming this is a feature

Is it possible to create tables with a d54 for example ?
    Not sure what you mean, the importer doesn't really care about the values, it'll use whatever you have.

FG will roll whatever value you set there. If you try and use a die type that doesn't exist it'll generate a number w/o a die graphic.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Are you looking for a 'physical dice' when you use your d28 table? You won't see a die roll across the screen if it's not a standard d4, d6, ... d20. But tables can be any number of entries. You'll see the result where you send it (chat, story, etc.).
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Yes wow
    thanks to you both Celestian and 3ofSwords

I was looking for the satisfying view of a digital die rolling across the table. I was aware that oddball numbers can be generated and didn't clarify it well enough. My apologies
    Ultimate License Holder & FGU backer
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:
    *Opus Christini Traveller campaign

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

Late to the party here and I have nothing to contribute other than my most sincere thanks for this lifesaving creation!!!!

Thank you @celecstian

Works amazingly well also for Savage Worlds

As I try to approach solo playing, I used it to import 400+ values in tables by following this approach (incl translation)

1. copied the tables from the pdf
    2. imported into a spreadsheet (Excel, Google Sheets) to get rid of numbers, colons, spaces
    3. pasted the spreadsheet cleaned rows to https://www.deepl.com/translator
    4. Created a new import with giving it a "heading" as the first row (e. g. Action 1 for Event Check)
    5. Clicked import
    6. Assigned a d100 as dice

fg_table_importer.png

This really saved me a lot copy&paste efforts with a little bit of copy&paste effort

FYI, CoreRPG 3.3.12 has now added a import feature. Unfortunately for my needs it will not function as I need it because the delimiters they allow are ,|;: which "could" be in the text of the table itself. Until they allow the tab character to be in a copy/paste it will probably not work as I'd like so for now I use double space as my delimiter.

But, if you've no need to be that specific on your tables, the built import in CoreRPG import should work for ya! Hopefully they'll give it a tab option down the road and I can stop updating this one.
    ---

Thread Information