STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 17 First 123412 ... Last

Once again: Great work and thanks for sharing this

Blog Entries
    Hi Celestian I think Ive built a better compatibility version that will work across all the CoreRPG rulesets. Ive sent it to you in a PM again - it makes one small change to the 5e look/feel but fixes all the issues in the other rulesets (I think!). I had to import a bunch of 5e definitions into the table_import.xml as there were a lot of 5e only references.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    After painfully importing many 100+ line tables, with many more in front of me, I cannot wait to try this.

If you get bored, can you get around to writing a proper reference manual creator. :-D

\o/
    I wrote the importer for me for just that reason a few months back. I was looking at about 150+ tables for random encounters and decided it was easier to write something to import it than to type it all in.

Believe me I've looked at doing just that to the ref manual because ... wow I hate doing it manually. I've poked around at the data and to see how things are managed and what is being done as part of the ruleset and what is "FG". At the very least being able to drag/drop stories in and manage chapter/subchapter name/order would be nice.

I've held off messing with it because I expect a lot of that to change in FGU. Messing about with the refmanual stuff is a big project and if they are going to already have it in FGU I can wait a bit longer. I only suggest it might exist because I've seen Carl's work on Tabletop connect. I've no real clue what is coming but I can't imagine they will leave it as is.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    That was tongue in cheek as it would be wildly loved but it seems to be a fair amount of work. Drag and drop story entries and images would be a big improvement.

My real dream is you reskinning your AD&D ruleset to be a new OSRIC version and then S&W Whitebox and Core and Complete as that allows other OSR rulesets to be built off a working platform and content to be made available. Right now AD&D is unlikely to be officially licensed by wizards so there is only so much that can be done.

Funny enough, there are two decent AD&D rulesets now ....
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    That was tongue in cheek as it would be wildly loved but it seems to be a fair amount of work. Drag and drop story entries and images would be a big improvement.

My real dream is you reskinning your AD&D ruleset to be a new OSRIC version and then S&W Whitebox and Core and Complete as that allows other OSR rulesets to be built off a working platform and content to be made available. Right now AD&D is unlikely to be officially licensed by wizards so there is only so much that can be done.

Funny enough, there are two decent AD&D rulesets now ....
    I mentioned to Zhern(sp?) about using it for S&W (it would take some work) and I believe he was going to look at it.

I think very highly of OSRIC and S&W. I just don't play either except to buy and use their modules in my AD&D games. My drive has been because of the fact I really like AD&D. I hate that there is a blind eye about it from WoTC but I'm no business person. I mean from my perspective is free money for them because folks like me put in most of the work update/apply the game to FG and they would get money from it for just sitting back and watching.

That said I'd be happy working on either of them if there was a plan for real support. I could at least make sure the rulesets were compatible so they could all use the same content. However, I'm just a fan who does a little coding. They'd have to engage me about it because I don't frequent those circles.

I do go out of my way to nag DMsguild ever few months that they need to allow AD&D products, not just 5E
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Update 1.2

Really support CoreRPG style rulesets now. Apologies for missing this.
    ---

Ooooh this looks really neat, will try it at first opportunity. I am sick of manually writing in every table entry. Thanks for the work.

(Semi-related to one of the above posts: Do we know if FGU will replace linkboxes with hypertext and whether it will allow images directly in for example story entries?

Tried it on a few different PDFs, didn't work with any of them unfortunately. Either I got all the stuff I copied into the description slot, or stuff is crammed together in just a few table entries instead of spread evenly across the necessary number of entries. (CoreRPG)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
    Tried it on a few different PDFs, didn't work with any of them unfortunately. Either I got all the stuff I copied into the description slot, or stuff is crammed together in just a few table entries instead of spread evenly across the necessary number of entries. (CoreRPG)
    Each line is a table entry.

So something like this is one long table entry
    While
    Each
    One
    Of
    These
    Is
    a
    Single
    Entry

Keep in mind FG will wrap the text if you have really long lines, stretch the window out.

So this (I just randomly picked a block of text from a PDF):

is actually this:

Stuff like this (the block of text) will need to be fixed manually.

What happens when you copy/paste that is that each of those lines will be their own individual lines and you actually want them on one entry, not 4 or 5 of them.

So it starts out like this:

and I fixed it to look like this.

and the table imported looks like this.

Sorry, went a little nuts with images.
    Last edited by celestian; October 27th, 2017 at 19:24.
    ---

Thread Information