Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. #21

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,724
    Blog Entries
    7
    btw @ProffDogg I hope you're liking the Players Handbook remaster I did recently? M&T is on the TEST channel currently as well.

  2. #22
    I hadn't popped it open until just now so just a cursory glance... But... In one word... Niiiiiiiice...

    Seriously, that's what I needed personally since I didn't have the main books (pdf or hard). I'l go through and mess around with it over the weekend since our regular gaming has been postponed till the New Year.

    Much, much obliged... I had intentionally not requested a refund for the set since I knew some of you were working on it. Looks like it's shaping up nicely so I'm glad I didn't.

    -Prof.Dogg

  3. #23
    @Talyn thank you for your continual work on the C&C content on Fantasy Grounds. If the remastered PHB is an indicator of things to come, I look forward to future updates.

    I do have a couple errors/issues/missing features of note, that weren't mentioned earlier in this thread:
    In the Players Handbook (latest edition), content in the Classes section of the Reference Manual that is in a "Sidebar" format (most of the "For Example" sections are formatted this way), do not appear in the Class handout. In most cases this means the aforementioned "for example" sections are missing, which isn't a big deal. However, the Wizard and Illusionist sections on Spellbooks are completely missing from the class handout, and those are essential in playing those classes.

    When dragging a spell into a character, it throws the error: "Unable to determine level for new spell, please drop within a level spell list". This error occurs for all spells, even new ones I've written from scratch (even if you put a single number in the spell level section, instead of the typical class and spell level combo found in the official spells). Dropping the spell within a spell list (which btw if you don't know, is created when you enter a number in one of the spell level boxes above) still works, but it will let you drop any level spell into any of the spell list.

    I'll update this post with more if I find them.

  4. #24
    damned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    1
    Welcome kruvek

    MoreCore - Generic Ruleset
    --- Projects ---
    Extensions | Tutorials | MoreCore | MoreCore Themes | Call of Cthulhu | Maelstrom | FG Con

  5. #25

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,724
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by kruvek View Post
    @Talyn thank you for your continual work on the C&C content on Fantasy Grounds. If the remastered PHB is an indicator of things to come, I look forward to future updates.

    I do have a couple errors/issues/missing features of note, that weren't mentioned earlier in this thread:
    In the Players Handbook (latest edition), content in the Classes section of the Reference Manual that is in a "Sidebar" format (most of the "For Example" sections are formatted this way), do not appear in the Class handout. In most cases this means the aforementioned "for example" sections are missing, which isn't a big deal. However, the Wizard and Illusionist sections on Spellbooks are completely missing from the class handout, and those are essential in playing those classes.

    When dragging a spell into a character, it throws the error: "Unable to determine level for new spell, please drop within a level spell list". This error occurs for all spells, even new ones I've written from scratch (even if you put a single number in the spell level section, instead of the typical class and spell level combo found in the official spells). Dropping the spell within a spell list (which btw if you don't know, is created when you enter a number in one of the spell level boxes above) still works, but it will let you drop any level spell into any of the spell list.

    I'll update this post with more if I find them.
    Welcome to FG and thanks for the comment.

    I intentionally left out sidebars in the actual Class sheets to keep things short and consistent, hoping that if needed players would read the reference manual pages for more details but I can look into putting them back in for the caster classes.

    The error, however, is something I get too. It's a ruleset thing, and I'm only doing the reference material not the ruleset coding itself. I think I had to create a new spell list on the sheet before dropping spells would work at all, like you said. It's wonky and needs to be looked at by the ruleset developer.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Isanti, MN
    Posts
    2,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    The error, however, is something I get too. It's a ruleset thing, and I'm only doing the reference material not the ruleset coding itself. I think I had to create a new spell list on the sheet before dropping spells would work at all, like you said. It's wonky and needs to be looked at by the ruleset developer.
    It's on my todo list.

  7. #27
    JohnD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Winnipeg Canada
    Posts
    4,408
    Blog Entries
    1
    I have noticed that when a player adds a spell to their list, it is added twice, whereas when I add it as the CK, it gets added just the one time. This doesn't happen every time though, so I'm at a loss on how to reproduce the error.
    DMing since 1979. Ultimate License holder.

    Currently GMing:
    * Yggsburgh and Castle Zagyg - Castles and Crusades Greyhawk (Mon/Fri - on hiatus)
    * Temple of Elemental Evil - Castles and Crusades Greyhawk (Thursday - on hiatus)
    * 2e Greyhawk (Wednesday)

    Thanks for 7+ years of gaming via FG my friends (2e / 3.5e / Rolemaster Classic / Castles & Crusades / Pathfinder / Savage Worlds / 5e).

    There/Their/They're are all different words and do not mean the same thing.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    I have noticed that when a player adds a spell to their list, it is added twice, whereas when I add it as the CK, it gets added just the one time. This doesn't happen every time though, so I'm at a loss on how to reproduce the error.
    I can confirm this bug, I did the localhost trick to login as a player, and when you drag a spell into a character (into a spell level list), it throws the same error into chat, duplicates the spell, and throws the following error into the console:
    Capture.JPG

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Isanti, MN
    Posts
    2,773
    I think the bugs are related, but I have both on my list...

  10. #30
    JohnD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Winnipeg Canada
    Posts
    4,408
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kruvek View Post
    I can confirm this bug, I did the localhost trick to login as a player, and when you drag a spell into a character (into a spell level list), it throws the same error into chat, duplicates the spell, and throws the following error into the console:
    Capture.JPG
    Yeah, that's it.
    DMing since 1979. Ultimate License holder.

    Currently GMing:
    * Yggsburgh and Castle Zagyg - Castles and Crusades Greyhawk (Mon/Fri - on hiatus)
    * Temple of Elemental Evil - Castles and Crusades Greyhawk (Thursday - on hiatus)
    * 2e Greyhawk (Wednesday)

    Thanks for 7+ years of gaming via FG my friends (2e / 3.5e / Rolemaster Classic / Castles & Crusades / Pathfinder / Savage Worlds / 5e).

    There/Their/They're are all different words and do not mean the same thing.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in