FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
    This is extremely helpful but I have a question / request, could it also be made to flag items on character sheets that are not identified? My group tends to go through each night and distribute the items from the party sheet to their character sheet even if they know they are magic. Then when they get to town it is a fun "Hunt and Search" to find all those pesky magic items each one of them are caring. I am using D&D classic I would guess that you may not be able to do this without making one for each rule set. Though if it can be done and could be made to be generic that would be a wonderful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Merell View Post
    This is extremely helpful but I have a question / request, could it also be made to flag items on character sheets that are not identified? My group tends to go through each night and distribute the items from the party sheet to their character sheet even if they know they are magic. Then when they get to town it is a fun "Hunt and Search" to find all those pesky magic items each one of them are caring. I am using D&D classic I would guess that you may not be able to do this without making one for each rule set. Though if it can be done and could be made to be generic that would be a wonderful thing.
    Unfortunately that is ruleset specific. The ruleset I use already has that.

I would like to make a request for an addition to this very useful extension. I would also like to see the Non-ID name in the Parcel Items area as this is what the players see and when they have a bunch of things to ID it is hard to locate which one they want to make a roll against.

I did have a look at the code for this extension that is on Github but I really have no idea where to start to modify it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargrove View Post
    would also like to see the Non-ID name in the Parcel Items area as this is what the players see and when they have a bunch of things to ID it is hard to locate which one they want to make a roll against.
    That's an interesting suggestion!
    Definitely with published adventures it could be inconvenient since most of them have things like "Unidentified Item" or "Magic Wand" that can be the case for multiple items, but I think having this as an option would be very useful.
    I'll see if I can figure out how to do that.

I decided to play around and while I can eliminate all my errors in FGU, I am unable to get the Non-ID info to show up as a new column. Again, I don't really have a sense how to do this, just playing around.

I think I identified (no pun intended) the column name of the data that is needed: <string name="nonid_name"> by searching through the CORERPG code.

I then tried to insert this code into both XML files in the existing extension right above the code for the Non-ID button:
    Code:
    			<string_columnh name="nonid_name" />
    			<string name="nonid_name">
    				<anchored width="40" height="20">
    					<top />
    					<right parent="rightanchor" anchor="left" relation="relative" offset="-5" />
    				</anchored>
    			</string>

I decided to play around and while I can eliminate all my errors in FGU, I am unable to get the Non-ID info to show up as a new column
    I just posted an update that adds an option so you can switch between the two behaviors.
    Here is how I did it

Alrighty then. That was a bit more involved than I was trying to do with just adding another column to the current listing.

Testing it out it looks like it will show the Non-ID name IF the item it listed as unidentified and the real name if it is identified. I can certainly live with that.

Thank you. Appreciate the effort sir.

Alrighty then. That was a bit more involved than I was trying to do with just adding another column to the current listing.

Testing it out it looks like it will show the Non-ID name IF the item it listed as unidentified and the real name if it is identified. I can certainly live with that.

Thank you. Appreciate the effort sir.
    You're welcome!

Thanks both @Stargove and @bmos
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Note: similar functionality to this extension (ID button in the Party Sheet Parcel Items list) is now part of the Pathfinder Second Edition (PFRPG2) ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information