DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    Party Inventory Identified v1.2
    * Simplifies creation of parcels by providing easy way to ID/non-ID items in parcels.
    * Improves compatibility with other extensions

EDIT:
    Latest version now available on FantasyGrounds Forge
    Last edited by bmos; July 25th, 2021 at 19:21.

There is a small conflict with Map Parcel extension. ID and Weight overlap.

unknown.png
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

Quote Originally Posted by Drogo210 View Post
    There is a small conflict with Map Parcel extension. ID and Weight overlap.

unknown.png
    You need to take that up with SilentRuin. I don't have access to paid extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    You need to take that up with SilentRuin. I don't have access to paid extensions.
    I do report here his answer.

It’s a conflict with some other extension is what you mean. I tend to put all my buttons relative so they work - if I failed to do that you can check and let me know. If I did do it relative then it’s out of my control and you can just say they conflict.
    "Appears" I'm doing the placement correct - use of relative - insert behind existing item - joined... Not planning on taking any further action without author asking for something generic that does not disrupt what I'm doing.

<number_charinv name="weight" insertbefore="name">
    <anchored to="rightanchor" width="30" height="20">
    <top />
    <right anchor="left" relation="relative" offset="-10" />
    </anchored>
    <delaykeyupdate />
    <tabtarget prev="name" />
    </number_charinv>
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

I should have been more clear.
    The issue is that I have no idea why there is an incompatibility since I cannot see the code of paid extensions without buying them and thus cannot do anything about improving compatibility with them.
    IMO it is usually the responsibility of paid extension developers to handle compatibility with free extensions since they have chosen to make their code private.

However, it is worth asking what version of this you are using? Are you using the v1.2 build I posted (which is also the version on the Forge) or the original 2018 v1.1 version from Llisandur?
    Last edited by bmos; July 25th, 2021 at 19:23.

The issue is that I have no idea why there is an incompatibility since I cannot see the code of paid extensions without buying them and thus cannot do anything about improving compatibility with them.
    IMO it is usually the responsibility of paid extension developers to handle compatibility with free extensions since they have chosen to make their code private.

However, it is worth asking what version of this you are using? Are you using the v1.2 build I posted (which is also the version on the Forge) or the original 2018 v1.1 version from Llisandur?
    It's really not your fault Bmos. I'm using forge one and the most updated map parcel ext.

The issue is MAP parcel is relative to the info icon. Not your ID icon. So it would need to be either detecting your icon, OR moved more left (relative) to the info icon.
    But as Drogo stated, the other EXT coder is leaving it as is as there is no real issue with the ones he uses.

So unless somehow you can use the code above and input your icon for that to be detecting it to be relative. It wont fix it.
    Plus in the map parcel ext, it will also display the WT above it all a bit if this were to happen.

I simply just edited the code to be over to the left more.

As I told MrDDT - I gave him the code I use which I place everything relative to the anchor as I should be. Assuming you are placing it relative to the anchor it should also work - I have other things that actually do the same thing. All you need to do is ask if you need to see code for something your working on compatibility wise - as you have before in PM for past things. The key being I use this with other things placed relative to anchor on that line and they work fine. You can contact me in PM if you need more.

Code:
    	<windowclass name="parcel_item" merge="join">
    		<margins control="0,0,0,5" />
    		<sheetdata>
    			<number_charinv name="weight" insertbefore="name">
    				<anchored to="rightanchor" width="30" height="20">
    					<top />
    					<right anchor="left" relation="relative" offset="-10" />
    				</anchored>
    				<delaykeyupdate />
    				<tabtarget prev="name" />
    			</number_charinv>
    		</sheetdata>
    	</windowclass>
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    As I told MrDDT - I gave him the code I use which I place everything relative to the anchor as I should be. Assuming you are placing it relative to the anchor it should also work - I have other things that actually do the same thing.
    Awesome, thanks SilentRuin. Having those the windowlass lines from around the number_charinv makes all the difference
    I also have a couple extensions I maintain that modify that line, so I'll look at adding compatibility.

EDIT: Might not have time to look into this for a while, but I will when I have time.
    Last edited by bmos; July 26th, 2021 at 14:07.

Awesome, thanks SilentRuin. Having those the windowlass lines from around the number_charinv makes all the difference
    I also have a couple extensions I maintain that modify that line, so I'll look at adding compatibility.

EDIT: Might not have time to look into this for a while, but I will when I have time.
    No worries feel free to scrape any of my code or use it as an example on how to do stuff. Of course with the stipulation, EXTENSIONS = RISK!
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Party Item Identified v1.3
    * Improve compatibility with other extensions (specifically reported regarding Map Parcels)
    * Improve alignment of ID button in parcels
    * Change extension name to "Feature: Party Item Identified"
    Click here to see raw code changes

Thanks to SilentRuin for providing assistance and extensions to test with.

Thread Information