DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Extension: Enhanced Items v4

I have made some updates to the Enhanced Items extension for the Pathfinder ruleset. It incorporates both Sciencephile and Jwguy's original additions, plus a few others.
    EDIT v4.1: Changed the GM only info field to formatted text so you can drop links, make tables, etc. in the field.
    EDIT v4.2: Converted to merge instead of overwrite in record_item.xml thanks to rmilmine. Made compatible with the Size field used in CustomisedItemGenerator modified by rmilmine.
    EDIT v4.21: Changed load order value to 50.

Included edits:
    • GM Only Info with formatted text
    • Wand/Staff Charges
    • Wondrous Item Slot
    • Source Book Information
    • Fixed Item Type Field Visibility

All of the type specific fields only display with the appropriate item type, the same as would originally happen with "Weapon" or "Armor" in the Type field. Additionally, I have fixed the problem where "Weapon" would show the additional fields, but "Magic Weapon" would not. Visibility of the type-specific fields depends on "Weapon", "Armor", "Wand", "Staff", or "Wondrous Item" exactly, with capitalization. Otherwise text before or after doesn't matter.

Capture.JPG
    Capture2.JPG

This version of the extension merges with record_item.xml and overwrites item_main.lua. Compatible with version 3.3.2. Compatible with CustomisedItemGenerator modified by rmilmine.

Version 4.1 - 315 downloads
    Version 4.2 - 20 downloads
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Llisandur; May 15th, 2020 at 22:11. Reason: File update

Nicely done!

I assume this is v3.3.2 compatible?

If so, could you please mention that in post #1 for future version reference. Thanks!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes, it's compatible. I didn't even think of that, I always keep up-to-date with the latest version.

Quote Originally Posted by Llisandur View Post
    I always keep up-to-date with the latest version.
    That's cool. But we have had a lot (and I mean a lot) of issues recently where extensions aren't compatible immediately after a FG update and GMs don't know what has, or hasn't, been updated. We've been advising that GMs who use extensions check the threads of the extensions they're using to make sure extensions are compatible. So, please, if you don't mind - indicate in post #1 what version of FG this is for. Then, in future, if you update the extension for a newer version of FG then indicate what is supported. This will help everyone to know straight away what version this is supposed to work in. Thanks.

EDIT: OK, I see you've done that. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

No problem. I've run into version issues with things before. I just didn't remember to add it this time.

Hello
    How can i access the extension ?
    I activated it in the load campaign.

But how do i use it in the game session ?

Thanks
    DM Sargas

Quote Originally Posted by Sargas View Post
    But how do i use it in the game session ?
    It adds extra fields to item records for recording/tracking additional data. See the screenshots and info in post #1.

It’s up to you which of the new fields you use and what additional data you track.

Quick question. I was looking at adding "Size" as a field and so I was looking at your code to find out how to do it.
    What I wanted to know is what does the following do?
    Code:
    	<windowclass name="item" merge="join">
    		<sheetdata>
    			<subwindow_record name="main">
    				<script file="campaign/scripts/item_drop.lua" />
    			</subwindow_record>
    		</sheetdata>
    	</windowclass>
    There does not appear to be an item_drop.lua file in that folder.

I was also wondering. What was the issue with formatting that caused the replacement of the windowclass instead of merging it?

Thread Information