DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 35 of 49 First ... 25333435363745 ... Last
    How did you know the format of everything and the necessary info needed for each item? I couldn't find the mod or ext to use as a template. The only thing I found were .dat files in the vault folder and it didn't seem like I could open that up to look at anything.

Blog Entries
    The way to find teh format of stuff that is encrypted is to make a duplicate of a sample item t dragging an existing one down about 1cm and releasing. Then type /save in the chat window and have a look at the dampaigns db.xml and you will see the object with all its properties.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The way to find teh format of stuff that is encrypted is to make a duplicate of a sample item t dragging an existing one down about 1cm and releasing. Then type /save in the chat window and have a look at the dampaigns db.xml and you will see the object with all its properties.
    I didn't know this was possible, I exported the new skills as a mod.

Additionally, being a newbie at all this, I created a new category for the new skill, called it "testcategory," and dragged the copied skill to this category. Then I exported it as a module, and used that as the template for the entire mod. That way I saw from the exported file where the category field goes. While category was clearly marked in the xml, some other less obvious ones were useful to fill out this way.

Just adding an extra voice to say thanks for implementing WOIN thus far... and please continue to expand.

Personally I'd really like to run O.L.D. via FGU with some sort of spell/magic system support.

The other thing which would be a killer feature for me is a good way of adding skills, races, exploits, careers, etc..

The appeal of WOIN for me is the ease of expanding for a homebrew game and custom setting, so whilst having all the rulebook careers and skills is obviously necessary for supporting the system, what I *really* want to be able to do is to create my own inside FG in a straightforward way and have them treated like the rulebook ones thereafter by the system.

Cheers, Hywel

Hi All,

HunterAP has been quiet, it's an odd time for a lot of us in the world, but he's given me a very nice list.

I'm almost finished the update to the Actions Tab, which makes building the dice pool better overall.

I'll go through the bugs since the last update and get them all sorted.

As for OLD that's back and being worked on, I'll check where that is, as we got the v1.2 OLD book finally, so I'll see about what's left to bring that live, of course there's the magic side of things, but that should work just like the PSI stuff for NEW.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnimost View Post
    Bugs with modifiers:
    Melee Flanking, Helpless, High Ground do nothing. Sneak is -1d6, although text says +1d6. Prone is the only one which works properly.

Ranged seem to OK, though some are confusing (cover is shooting into cover, not from cover, while prone is shooting while prone, not at a downed opponent).
    Noticed also Ranged Prone doesn't do anything. Rest mentioned above are still broken.

Perhaps worse, the modifier in bottom left of screen (still) doesn't affect NPCs as GM. Modifier is removed when rolling, but doesn't affect the roll itself. Below as example 4d6 with +20 modifier as marked, but it doesn't add a number or dice into the roll.

2020-06-06 20_27_26-Fantasy Grounds.png

The above issues make running any combat encounter quite tedious. Tested in FGU.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnimost View Post
    Noticed also Ranged Prone doesn't do anything. Rest mentioned above are still broken.

Perhaps worse, the modifier in bottom left of screen (still) doesn't affect NPCs as GM. Modifier is removed when rolling, but doesn't affect the roll itself. Below as example 4d6 with +20 modifier as marked, but it doesn't add a number or dice into the roll.

2020-06-06 20_27_26-Fantasy Grounds.png

The above issues make running any combat encounter quite tedious. Tested in FGU.
    Hi Magnimost,

Thanks for letting me know. I pretty much finished up the updates to the actions tab last week, I'm on other projects next week, but I'll see about adding another day of WOIN before I send off to SW.

I don't run FGU, so I'll test in FGC, though there shouldn't be any real difference between the two for scripting.

Now to answer OLD, OLD is still in progress, I'll speak to Hunter about it.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Nevermind - my sync was off - thanks for all this hard work Colin!
    Last edited by RaithDuhal; July 4th, 2020 at 00:02.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Now to answer OLD, OLD is still in progress, I'll speak to Hunter about it.
    Any idea of a time line on OLD? I was thinking of setting up a low-fantasy game for a few friends, and we're all familiar with FG so I'd prefer to use it as opposed to trying to learn another VTT system.

Quote Originally Posted by kananesgi View Post
    Any idea of a time line on OLD? I was thinking of setting up a low-fantasy game for a few friends, and we're all familiar with FG so I'd prefer to use it as opposed to trying to learn another VTT system.
    Hi,

I got a reply from Hunter. He's been very busy recently. I'll finish the update coming later this week and then take a good look at OLD and see what's left to do and reply here.

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information