FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 13 of 49 First ... 3111213141523 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Girwan View Post
    Hi, when you plan publish this update?
    Morning,

With the holidays about to hit us, not exactly sure. I've got a final few bits left then I'll send it over.

In the New Year I plan to address the bigger stuff on the list.

Cheers
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Back home, coding later tonight and tomorrow - going to finish 1.0.5. and get it over to the gang at FG.

Then onto 1.0.6.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi
    I have discovered what I think is a bug, not sure if its unique to my machine, If you start a new N.E.W campaign with out the N.E.W ext running and then save restart the campaign with the Ext running it crashes FG and no I'm not running any other extensions. Also the Starship tactics skill is missing....on the subject star ships is there any plans to have a way of tracking starships and vehicles with their own NPC template or character sheet which can be added to the tracker?

keep up the good work and remember like painting the Forth a rule set in FG is never finished

the Doging skill is missing and on the skills tab under attribute you have Intelligence" rather than "Intuition"

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    the Doging skill is missing and on the skills tab under attribute you have Intelligence" rather than "Intuition"
    Thanks for the spotting of Intelligence, I thought I had caught them all, I'll fix this in 1.0.5. Also thanks for the Starship Tactics, it's another skill that's not actually listed under Skills (pages 19/20 of 1.2).

Dodging was added in last update, are you sure you're running 1.0.4. Please make sure you are. To run WOiN you need to use the N.E.W. Extension though, but add the error you get please here so I can look at it for you.

Also thanks for the input here, it helps to make sure that I address anything that anyone might find.

Cheers
    MBM

Folks,

About to send 1.0.5. over to FG.

Here's what's in it.
    • Fixed - Issue when dragging Human to the Species window (not adding the Expoits).
    • Update - When dragging Homelands to the Character Sheet the Stats will be updated.
    • Update - Carry will be editable (like I did for Jump). It will go back to Autocalculate when I add a mini-window (like Speed) to allow you to override/add to the calculated total. Should be in 1.0.6.
    • Update - Updated some of the Ruleset text from the offical 1.2 Rulebook (rather than the update notes I had).
    • Fixed - Added missing Exploits/Skills (found when adding Characters for the Xenomorph book, plus mentioned above ie Startship Tactics).
    • Fixed - Noticed if you had 0 values for PSI it didn't add that to the Attribute Actions.
    • Update - Add exploits when dragging Careers onto the Character Sheet.
    • Update - Added Vital Defenses to NPC's
    • Update - When dragging Careers onto the character sheet any Attributes bonuses are added to the character's attributes.
    • Fixed - Intuition showed under the Skill Attribute cycler rather than Intelligence
    • Update - Party Sheet tweaked

Plus other minor niggles, this is the version required for Xenomorphs.

I was hoping to add 'Add exploits when dragging Careers onto the Character Sheet.' but when I did the coding it dawned on me that you might have a choice of exploits, but only get to pick 1. So in the future I'll add a selection list.

1.0.6 will now be started to be worked on, it's going to be a big update, I'm hoping:

• Replace weapons/psionic attacks with a much better system (so you can add your own)
    • Allow the calculated fields (Jump/Carry etc) to be editable via a mini-pop-up screen (like Speed) so that any Exploits/Traits can override the calculated totals
    • Allow SOAK to be 'calculated' based on Natural Armor, Physical Armor, Shield, Helmet, Exploits and Misc bonus.
    • Add flags to Weapons to indicate which of the SOAK 'types' it ignores - ie Desiccating touch. The hybrid's natural attack enables it to desiccate a victim by touch. Armor SOAK protects against this, but natural SOAK
    • does not.
    • Critical Hits. If an attack does multiple damage types (e.g. piercing/poison) then both statuses are inflicted on a critical hit (this will be an OPTION called 'Critical Hits "Simpler" or "Standard" - Simpler will inflict only the 1st damage type critical (as per current versions).

So as you can see, it's a big update to hopefully allow the ruleset to work with the many different weapons as I've completed the parsing of the OLD system. I need to modify the ruleset to work with Spells (hence the Replace Psionic attacks above).

Right onto 1.0.6 in the morning. I'll update the first post when I've built the updated files for this build.

Cheers
    MBM

I started building the pre gens that come with the book and will post them in the new year. I tried some of the NPC's but stopped when I realised you can drag exploits from the library but you can't drag skills or equipment. Also while you can roll weapon attacks from the NPC's sheet you don't appear to be able to roll skill checks..

A" Cinematic " in the options would be helpful.

I started building the pre gens that come with the book and will post them in the new year. I tried some of the NPC's but stopped when I realised you can drag exploits from the library but you can't drag skills or equipment. Also while you can roll weapon attacks from the NPC's sheet you don't appear to be able to roll skill checks...
    In the new Xenomorph's book there are 10 Pre-Gen's that I've manually added. So now I know how that works the Rulebooks Pre-Gens will be added in 1.0.6 if I find time.

NPC's are basic, they're designed to be quickly created by simply cutting and pasting the data in from the books, for example Death on Ascalaon - I cut and paste the skills etc into the Skills field. It auto-parses that and splits them into dice rolling sections, ie try cutting and pasting this into your NPC skills field:

negotiating 6 (3d6), bureaucracy 3 (2d6), bluffing 3 (2d6), law 3 (2d6), accounting 3 (2d6), politics 3 (3d6), bribery 6(3d6), computers 3 (2d6), perception 1 (1d6)

You'll see that now you can click each skill and it will roll the dice. For NPC's you have to use the desktop modifiers to add any additional dice for equipment, the attribute etc.

If NPC's were to be built like a character then it would take a very long time to add each one, so it's a trade off. Also being honest how long does an NPC last in a game, not that long normally (my group seem to blast most of them to death).

A" Cinematic " in the options would be helpful.
    Explain to me what you mean and I'll see what I can do.

I've started to add WOiN to the User Guides on the FG wiki. It's located Here. Small steps as it takes a lot of time, plus things are still changing in the ruleset.

Cheers
    MBM

Thanks for all your work on this. I have a couple questions, for some reason I cant find dodge on the skill list either. Dodgeball but no dodge;-) I am running 1.04. I probably wouldn't mention it but I also still can't add new skills or exploits. equipment works fine. Again thanks for your time on this its looking great and I'm looking forward to seeing how you manage magic, seems like a challenge.

Eric

by Cinematic there are various optional rules labelled like allowing equipment to to ignore the dice pool limitation on grade, pages 62 and 161 in the new book

Thread Information