FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 12 of 49 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    Some questions new in N.E.W.

1. How I can change some statistics on character age, e.g. speed, climb, initiative
    2. I can use combat tracker to PSI fighting?5. Why I can't add new skills?
    3. How I can add new equipments?
    4. How I can put PSI Weapon to character sheet in Action page?

Maybe someone know answers?

Quote Originally Posted by Girwan View Post
    Some questions new in N.E.W.

1. How I can change some statistics on character age, e.g. speed, climb, initiative
    2. I can use combat tracker to PSI fighting?5. Why I can't add new skills?
    3. How I can add new equipments?
    4. How I can put PSI Weapon to character sheet in Action page?
    5. Why I can't add new skills?

Maybe someone know answers?
    Hello Girwan,

First off thanks for your questions. Please note in the 1st Post on this thread I asked for no PM's. My Inbox is chock full of messages and I don't want to reply direct as some of these answers might help other people.

Also asking in a forum might find other people can help you quicker.

I'm in the UK (no idea in the world where you are) so it can lead to you waiting if I'm busy (I was busy all day yesterday with a poorly child).

Anyway to answer your questions:

1. You can edit statistic simply by overwriting the current value. The dice pool will get adjusted.
    1a. You can edit Movement stats (speed/climb swim) by clicking the magnifying glass to the right of those fields. This brings up a sub-window where you can enter more stats to calculate them.
    1b. You can edit Initiative/Perception by clicking the magnifying glass to the right of those fields. This brings up a sub-window where you can enter more stats to calculate them.
    2. Combat Tracker works off of Initiative, the attack type doesn't matter. You can use PSI actions, attack actions.
    3. To add equipment - right click on the Equipment tab and select Create New.
    4. At this moment in time you cannot add your own PSI attacks, it's coming in a future build (1.0.6)
    5. To add a new skill - right click on the Skills tab and select Create New.

My thinking here is that you're not running the most recent version of the ruleset, the current version is 1.0.4.

Anyway I hope this helps, all but one of your questions have answers that you can find in the current version.

Cheers
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by LightBringer View Post
    I am working on a new SciFi setting for NEW, it'd be really awesome to have the option to create new traits and careers. Any idea?
    Greetings Chap (I'm presuming here....).

I've checked v1.0.4. of the Ruleset and you can enter your own Traits. Right-Click in the Traits window and select Create-New.

Careers will soon be able to be created 'on the fly', this is coming in a future build. Not sure which build atm (working on 1.0.5. at the moment) as I'm fixing bugs first, then the most common things people want adding. So maybe 1.0.7. which should drop in January.

Cheers
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hello Girwan,

First off thanks for your questions. Please note in the 1st Post on this thread I asked for no PM's. My Inbox is chock full of messages and I don't want to reply direct as some of these answers might help other people.

Also asking in a forum might find other people can help you quicker.

I'm in the UK (no idea in the world where you are) so it can lead to you waiting if I'm busy (I was busy all day yesterday with a poorly child).

Anyway to answer your questions:

1. You can edit statistic simply by overwriting the current value. The dice pool will get adjusted.
    1a. You can edit Movement stats (speed/climb swim) by clicking the magnifying glass to the right of those fields. This brings up a sub-window where you can enter more stats to calculate them.
    1b. You can edit Initiative/Perception by clicking the magnifying glass to the right of those fields. This brings up a sub-window where you can enter more stats to calculate them.
    2. Combat Tracker works off of Initiative, the attack type doesn't matter. You can use PSI actions, attack actions.
    3. To add equipment - right click on the Equipment tab and select Create New.
    4. At this moment in time you cannot add your own PSI attacks, it's coming in a future build (1.0.6)
    5. To add a new skill - right click on the Skills tab and select Create New.

My thinking here is that you're not running the most recent version of the ruleset, the current version is 1.0.4.

Anyway I hope this helps, all but one of your questions have answers that you can find in the current version.

Cheers
    MBM
    Thank you for responde, I'm from Poland so we have the same time (nearly ). I have ruleset v1.03.

You wrote that I can edit equipment and skills in character tab - I know. But, if I create my own universe, I want put new skills and I don't want write the same several times And there is problem, I can't put describes, and for exploits there is only one line for describes, if I need more (look on skills and exploits for Murphy's crew) I have problem.
    Next problem I have with weapons - when I create my own weapon or gear, how I can check that this is weapon or gear and not scanner, backpack, food? I can't write soak value, damage, range etc.
    Statistics - I saw glass, and look on it. But what with carry? I put Gorrat statistics from Murphy's crew and in oryginal he has other carry than on his sheet in my game But all other statistics are ok.
    In ruleset you take (on skills tab) INT as Inteligence but in oryginal game (and Reference Manual) INT is Intuition. What is proper? For me it's very important becouse we have attribute Logic, which is like Inteligence, and on skill tab we must choose proper atribute for skill.

What with the ships? Do you plan special sheet for them? When I try put some vehicles from equipment to equipment tab in character sheet - I can't do it What if party owns some vehicles, how and where I can check it?

If you need tester for new funkcjonality - I'm ready

Welcome from the UK, and sorry we're leaving the EU (silly people here).

Update to 1.0.4., it sorts out the Intelligence -> Intuiton.

If you want to add your 'own' content (ie for more than 1 game) then you need to create an extension and create your own data, but there's no details on this at the moment.

In a future build I'll add the ability to add your own descriptions for all the data. If you look at the First Post on these thread you can see what's 'working' and that's going to be done next. Plus the first post tells you which Version is 'out' from my side.

Cheers
    MBM

Welcome from the UK, and sorry we're leaving the EU (silly people here).

Update to 1.0.4., it sorts out the Intelligence -> Intuiton.

If you want to add your 'own' content (ie for more than 1 game) then you need to create an extension and create your own data, but there's no details on this at the moment.

In a future build I'll add the ability to add your own descriptions for all the data. If you look at the First Post on these thread you can see what's 'working' and that's going to be done next. Plus the first post tells you which Version is 'out' from my side.

Cheers
    MBM
    Thank you. You have a lot of work, Good Luck

Greetings Chap (I'm presuming here....).

I've checked v1.0.4. of the Ruleset and you can enter your own Traits. Right-Click in the Traits window and select Create-New.

Careers will soon be able to be created 'on the fly', this is coming in a future build. Not sure which build atm (working on 1.0.5. at the moment) as I'm fixing bugs first, then the most common things people want adding. So maybe 1.0.7. which should drop in January.

Cheers
    MBM
    Updated and just feeling better. Thanks again for your great work, system is really exciting.

You need to set the local flag to false for the Luck Dice option. It's editable on the client's options list.

Hello,

Working on 1.0.5. at the moment (tonight and most of tomorrow) this is my design...

Fixed - Issue when dragging Human to the Species window (not adding the Expoits).
    Update - When dragging Homelands to the Character Sheet the Stats will be updated.
    Update - Carry will be editable (like I did for Jump). It will go back to Autocalculate when I add a mini-window (like Speed) to allow you to override/add to the calculated total. Should be in 1.0.6.
    Update - Updated some of the Ruleset text from the offical 1.2 Rulebook (rather than the update notes I had).
    Fixed - Added missing Exploits/Skills (found when adding Characters for the Xenomorph book).
    Fixed - Noticed if you had 0 values for PSI it didn't add that to the Attribute Actions.

The above are already done, this is what else I hope to get done over this weekend.

Update - Add exploits when dragging Careers onto the Character Sheet.
    Update - Allow Traits when added to have a description added.

Plus start on the adding 'links' on the Rulebook for Skills/Traits etc.

Cheers
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; December 16th, 2017 at 19:13.

Hi, when you plan publish this update?

Thread Information