DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 31 of 49 First ... 21293031323341 ... Last
    Hi Folks,

Just to let you know that the solid chap HunterAP has been super awesome, gone through the posts (and I asked him to take a good look at Donny's as they were valid) and compiled me a list of what's required, plus more on how to improve the ruleset over time and stuff like that.

So far done this week and I'll stop on Saturday morning so it can sent to FG for moving to TEST and then hopefully LIVE once it's been tested.

1. NEW theme update finished, so the Target Number is easy to see! Plus new buttons to allow me to be shown, and CoreRPG icons in radial menus.
    2. Buttons for Careers, Traits and for NEW Homelands
    3. Exploits can now have a name
    4. Skills can now be created
    5. Skills can now be filtered by the group to which they belong
    6. Traits can now be created
    7. Traits can now be filtered by the Characteristic to which they belong
    8. NEW Homelands can now be created, when assigning skills use the word ' or ' if there's more than one, ie 'Mining or navigation', if you want more than 2 choices, use ' or ' or use a comma, ie 'Mining, navigation or survival'
    9. NEW Homelands update the characteristics, plus assign the skill, or allow the user to assign the skill if there's a choice
    10. D60 dice added, so you can assign a D60 and a D6 to a table and roll the D66! I'll look at updating the NEW book with these when I can.

Thanks to Donny again for the extra explanation above. Oddly now that I'm actually coding and not data entry I'm enjoying WOiN again. I was lost before as hardly anyone played it (and my groups went off the rulesystem for those simpler, ie DnD). WOiN is very complex and hard to code but we'll get there.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnimost View Post
    2:54 AM here

I was afraid so. I might be able to put together a non-infringing character sheet in Photoshop, just the graphical version, would that be possible to import into WOIN as an alternate character sheet to play JD with? I don't know XML or programming in general.
    Alas to add a custom character sheet you need to create an extension, which is not in itself difficult, but adding a custom character sheet is not an easy task.

I can't be much help in that at this time, trying to get things into the ruleset. But I won't say I can't help if you have specific questions, I do advise you look into the CoreRPG ruleset around character sheets first. Not for the faint-hearted.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by Donny Henderson View Post
    1. Done.
    2. I'll have a look.
    3. Can you explain more?
    4. Done - the Theme update is complete.
    5. Working on it.
    6. Will copy the Traveller D66 over
    7. Ok, this will be added in the next version(s), let me get this v1.0.9 with these fixes out very soon

Thanks for the quick reply, this was in reality, a general remark, but to explain further:

A. Quests section, no area for XP (CR is not needed), and no area in Party Sheet for tracking of Quests, i.e. more work for the GM to keep up with. And what use is the Quest section other than for reference. And of course, XP has to be manually changed. If this is not warranted, suggestion is to delete the Quests button (since notation's in the Story section would be more than sufficient) and save the desktop space. If it is warranted, also look at the Encounter section as XP should be there as well.

B. Exploits section, why have a category section when creating new exploits? The exploits from the rule book have no categories. Although, I personally think it would be a great help to categorize all of them to allow searching through them you can't do that anyway. So pretty much space wasted, unless this is for a update not known about.

These were two that I quickly found after a few clicks and some observation for an example. I am sure more will come up as the project advances.

In all truth, this was a monumental task to begin with and you should be commended on what you have done so far. I sincerely hope your "love/hate" relationship turns to love once again! Upon full completion, this game has a lot of potential for story-telling in all aspects of role-playing and having fun!

Take care, be safe and I look forward to more updates!
    Hi Donny,

Thanks for replying and explaining more.

A. Quests - I've myself never used these, if there's value in them at a later date then let's discuss what that means. Regarding XP, if it's a calculated thing per encounter then we can look at adding it in.
    B. Exploits. Category section? I'm at a loss here, maybe I was meant to be typing about something else. You are correct there's no grouping of them that I know of.

Ok back to working on the ruleset.

Cheers,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi Donny,

Thanks for replying and explaining more.

A. Quests - I've myself never used these, if there's value in them at a later date then let's discuss what that means. Regarding XP, if it's a calculated thing per encounter then we can look at adding it in.
    B. Exploits. Category section? I'm at a loss here, maybe I was meant to be typing about something else. You are correct there's no grouping of them that I know of.

Ok back to working on the ruleset.

Cheers,
    MBM
    XP is very GM centric, and calculated based on the grade of the party in WOIN. There are some guidelines for how to assign it. GM's should be able to assign XP to an encounter, quest, or parcel.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntastic View Post
    XP is very GM centric, and calculated based on the grade of the party in WOIN. There are some guidelines for how to assign it. GM's should be able to assign XP to an encounter, quest, or parcel.
    Ok, just to be clear, are you saying that the rule-set needs to track XP in the above mentioned areas (?Parcels?) or not? Gotta love it, online discussion, ain't communication great! LOL!!

P.S. If it's decided to keep the Quests button can we change the name to something more sci-fi, like: Mission, Project, Adventure, Chase, Expedition, Inquiry, Investigation, Journey! Ok, so I got more time than usual, dang virus!!
    Last edited by Viper007; April 9th, 2020 at 05:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Donny Henderson View Post
    Ok, just to be clear, are you saying that the rule-set needs to track XP in the above mentioned areas (?Parcels?) or not? Gotta love it, online discussion, ain't communication great! LOL!!

P.S. If it's decided to keep the Quests button can we change the name to something more sci-fi, like: Mission, Project, Adventure, Chase, Expedition, Inquiry, Investigation, Journey! Ok, so I got more time than usual, dang virus!!
    Morning,

You pick, for me, 'Adventures' is better than Quests.

Easy to do.

Cheers,
    MBM

The special ammunition and grenade portion of the equipment are missing. It's listed in the reference manual, but not in the equipment. It looks like anything not on the weapons range table wasn't included.

I tried to list technical problems that need to be addressed as well but I keep getting flagged for forbidden words that I can't find a list of so I can stop using them...
    Last edited by taalo; April 9th, 2020 at 23:42.

Minor thing: tool tip on character sheet main tab for Death Pool, Health and Psi points all say "Reset Luck Pool to default value."

Individual equipment opened in its own window gives an error message if you click on the NEW icon instead of dragging it.

A button for planet creation? Please and thank you.

Thread Information