DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 43 of 49 First ... 334142434445 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by taalo View Post
    I appreciate it! Is there any way to get /roll 1d60+1d6 to work on a table in the custom entry slot or otherwise (e.g. rolling animal quirks for mounts)?
    Yes, right click the d6 on the desktop and you'll see a custom dice option, choose that and you'll see a D60 option, click that and drag that into the dice area on the custom table, then drag a normal d6 in. That'll then roll a D60 and a D6.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I appreciate the help!

I know you guys are working on WOiN automation does that mean armor will be recorded differently sometime down the line to accommodate things like Melee & Ranged Defense penalties/bonuses or INT penalties, Mental Defense bonuses, and bonuses to shake off conditions from helmets?

Is there a way to add d6 bonuses associated with exploits (e.g. aim, feint, etc), having height advantage, or being mounted (also gains damage bonus) without using LUC?

Inside of the skill page, only one skill group can be attached, but many skills are in multiple skill groups, more so in OLD & NOW than NEW (e.g. in NEW, appraisal is both a Crafting and Subterfuge skill). Is there a way to attach multiple skill groups to a skill or do I just need to double the skill listing?

Is there a way to have the weapons chart show traits, since they are a big part of how a weapon is used and what it does (Stun, Reach, etc)? Is there a way to have multiple damage listings on a weapon (e.g. Versatile weapons have 1 & 2-handed damage values, melee weapons with the thrown trait don't add the size of their STR die pool to the damage, and some weapons can be used as melee or ranged weapons with different damage values and types)?

There needs to be a dedicated place for the Hook, right now the only place for it is in the Personal tab under notes. Otherwise, the only place the Hook is listed is in the descriptor, which is made up of age, trait, race, career, and hook. The Hook needs a spot to mark if it's a (Broad) Hobby or Quirk and what attribute is associated with it.

Right now, on the character sheet under the Personal tab, careers have a (roleplaying) descriptive grade listed instead of their number. All skills have a descriptive grade too, but the numbers help deal with the fine details. Plus, if a career is taken more than six times there's not a clear way to identify how many grades a character has in a career.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with mounts. I put them under Vehicles initially because they didn't seem to fit with NPC's, because in OLD mounts have player randomized stats, and they have a d66 chart for quirks. I was starting to think I needed to make the quirks into exploits and assign them to a table and then attach rolled quirks to an NPC, but then I found out the results are listed in the Story sidebar. I'm still at a loss for how to cleanly do mounts. I'm starting to wonder if I should just leave them listed under vehicles for prices and tables and have players make a second character filled out with rolled stats and quirks. My group has used WOiN to play Star Wars Legends (a carry-over from our WEG Star Wars game and an extensive conversion), Battletech, Cyberpunk, Shadowrun, and a ton of Fantasy and I've used animal mounts in most of them at one point or another. I'm very familiar with the WOiN ruleset but not FG. When I search the forums for answers I get a lot of mixed results. So, any insights would be appreciated.

I also tried putting a lot of tables and player-relevant details into notes (like magic costs), but it looks like notes don't export. Does anyone have solutions for that?

Observations from transferring my campaign into FG...

NEW and NOW list only the Size (for creatures) in the main books, but when you get into expansion books and OLD it becomes Size/type (e.g. Small Humanoid) to address exploits and Magic.

NEW has multiple types of currency (Cr=1 & MCr=1k) and only Cr is present. OLD recommends using multiple currencies but only lists gold coins, and equipment charts have listed fractional costs probably to encourage the multiple currencies (e.g. 0.2, 0.5, etc).

Is there any way to list equipment that is both armor and weapon (e.g. Shields)?

Stupid question: Did NPC skill rolls stop working? I could've sworn they worked last session I ran (last month), but it wasn't working yesterday.

I think there's something off about the maximum dice pool for the rule system.

For skills, the maximum dice pool seems to be lumping modifiers in with attribute, skill, and gear (the maximum dice pool cap only applies to attribute + skill + gear).

On the Actions tab for combat, the maximum dice pool doesn't seem to be working at al (pasted lower down)l.

Example: Grade 10 PC (7d6 cap)

The character has AGI 11 (4d6) and Ranged Combat 6 (3d6) + an exceptional quality sniper rifle (+2d6) for 9d6. That should top out at 7d6. Modifiers and Luck dice are not capped by Rank. In this case, if the character aimed (+1d6) and got the high ground (+1d6), they should be rolling 9d6. Instead, during my game, the game was capping at 7d6.

Here are some examples from the chat log:

Konrad Schoen: [ATTRIBUTE] Logic (4d6) + [SKILL] Hacking (2d6) + [EQUIP] (2d6) + [MOD] (1d6) - [GRADE CAP 10d6] (-2d6) [TOTAL DICE] (7d6) (vs Target 16) [SUCCESS] [2d6+d6r+4d6 = 21] <== should have capped at 8d6

Konrad Schoen: [ATTRIBUTE] Logic (4d6) + [SKILL] Computers (2d6) + [EQUIP] (2d6) + [MOD] (3d6) - [GRADE CAP 10d6] (-4d6) [TOTAL DICE] (7d6) (vs Target 16) [SUCCESS] [7d6 = 24] <== should have capped at 10d6

[ATTRIBUTE] Logic (4d6)
    + [SKILL] Engineering (3d6)
    + [EQUIP] (2d6)
    + [MOD] (1d6)
    - [GRADE CAP 10d6] (-3d6)
    [TOTAL DICE] (7d6) (vs Target 0) [SUCCESS]

Hiroyuki Sanada: [ATTRIBUTE] Logic (4d6) + [SKILL] Engineering (3d6) + [EQUIP] (2d6) + [MOD] (1d6) - [GRADE CAP 10d6] (-3d6) [TOTAL DICE] (7d6) (vs Target 0) [SUCCESS] [7d6 = 20] <== should have capped at 9d6

Konrad Schoen: [ATTRIBUTE] Logic (4d6) + [SKILL] Computers (2d6) + [EQUIP] (2d6) + [MOD] (1d6) - [GRADE CAP 10d6] (-2d6) + [LUCK] (1d6) [TOTAL DICE] (8d6) (vs Target 0) [SUCCESS] [d6l+2d6+d6r+d6+d6r+2d6 = 30] <== should have capped at 8d6 + 1d6 luck (the luck part is working)

Konrad Schoen: [ATTACK (R)] Rifle, slugger (6d6) [6d6 = 24]
    Konrad Schoen: [ATTACK (R)] Rifle, slugger (8d6) + [MOD] (2d6) [10d6 = 34] <== should cap out at 9d6
    Konrad Schoen: [ATTACK (R)] Rifle, slugger (11d6) [CRITICAL HIT] [11d6 = 44] <== should cap out at 7d6
    Dexter Oliphant: [ATTACK (R)] Rifle, sniper (exceptional quality) (9d6) + [MOD] (1d6) [OBSCURED -2d6] [8d6 = 30] <== should cap out at 6d6: 7d6 cap -2d6 for OBSCURED +1d6 generic modifier

Also, I don't know if it's requested already, but any chance of getting a Luck die column in the Actions tab for attacks?

Thanks as always!

Just purchased O.L.D. & N.E.W. books. Looking to get N.O.W. next month.

Any news if/when O.L.D. will be made available at some point via FGU ?

I am looking at running a hybrid OLD/NEW system based loosely around the Apprentice Adept series - so it would be great to know how the OLD project is proceeding (if at all) and if we can have OLD and NEW rules loaded at the same time.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

Any idea where the dark theme is as per post:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post506299

The white/blue theme is very, very bright and almost burns in to my old tired eyes....
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)

Currently Playing:
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    The Blight 5E Campaign

Anybody have a few sample NPC's the can/willing share by exporting?

Trying to setup NPC's using the https://www.woinrules.com/fantasy-bestiary/ and not sure on the best way to enter some of the stats such as:

- Roar 4d6 mental (burst 8; Afraid)

How best to enter on the NPC sheet and represent on the combat tracker? Psionic? burst 8? Afraid?

How do you do set up each attack type? For instance Area attacks or Constitution attacks against VITAL DEFENSE (New 1.2 pg 166).

I am coming from an experienced GM of 5E where there is a high degree of automation. e.g. clicking effects to apply the Afraid condition to all appropriate creatures. I assume applying effects is all a manual process....??

Also looking at the NPC character sheet - it seems quite wasteful on screen space? Any plans to compress it?

Looking at the Damage field on the templates its woefully small for the contents, for instance the Xenomorph Warrior has in its damage field: "4d6+4 slashing/poison" and all you can see is "ing/poison".
    Last edited by ColinBuckler; May 1st, 2021 at 23:06.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)

Currently Playing:
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    The Blight 5E Campaign

Bug

Further investigation I think the NPC's in Xenomorphs, Death on Ascalaon and on Trailblazer 9 are all set up wrong ....

Why?

The WOIN ruleset has a "Type" field which should contain the damage type, but the damage type on the NPC's are embedded in the damage roll field. (see attachment).

But when you make an attack with it the damage is untyped and immunity does not work...

When you correct it and put the damage type in the Type field it works - BUT - that means you can not set what type of defense you are making the roll against. Melee Defense, Ranged Defense, Mental Defense or Vital Defense.....

Please help....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)

Currently Playing: