DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 30 of 49 First ... 20282930313240 ... Last
    Folks,

Been sent v1.2 of OLD, so I'll look at that and see how far away that is from release (assuming it's not been a major change bar the critical system and some text).

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

quick question:how do i add new borian origin/careers to my character sheet? I have been trying to figure out to adjust or create a mod that includes the various material from eons. thanks in advance.

Afternoon All,

Almost caught up on Traveller, just a bit more data but the good news, back to WOiN so reading through this very long thread so see what's up, anything that you want me to fix, post away again if it's a few weeks/months old.

Started on v1.0.9.

[Updated] NEW Extension. Removed custom radial buttons and used updated CoreRPG
    [Fixed] You can now add the Exploit title to your custom exploits
    [Updated] Career side button. Have added a side button for Careers (needs theming for both CoreRPG and NEW)
    [Updated] Careers. You may now create your own careers

Huzzah!
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; April 7th, 2020 at 00:52.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by SilentGhost View Post
    quick question:how do i add new borian origin/careers to my character sheet? I have been trying to figure out to adjust or create a mod that includes the various material from eons. thanks in advance.
    Hi SilentGhost,

The update I'm working on (v1.0.9) includes the ability to create your own careers. If you need it before that gets released there's a way to get the XML required for a mod. Drag a career over the top of another career in the list, so that it creates a duplicate. Now export the module and be sure to include careers, rename the .mod, to a .zip and look in the XML file. Bit of a heavy workaround, apologies for that, I'm working on making it easier!

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; April 7th, 2020 at 00:53.

First of all, I am glad to see someone working this rule set.

These are what I think are important items listed in a non-prioritized format:

1. Need buttons for the following sections: Careers (DONE as stated above), Homelands, and Traits. If there is another way to add them, please explain. And if an explanation is required then that instruction should be placed somewhere.
    2. Fold all Psionic Exploits into the current Exploits section (some are there, some are not), or add a sub-group to Exploit Section listing them.
    3. Make sure all areas work with character sheet and add-new sections.
    4. Change the target number to a darker color or black. The current state is a very lite white that blends in with background.
    5. New Skills, no understandable way to associate a category to the skill, using the category drop-down list.
    6. D66 rolling, especially for tables, lot of them in rule book.
    7. Implementing a vehicle sheet like the one shown on WOIN website (even if not automated) and space ship sheet like the one shown on WOIN website (again, even if not automated). For information during a game.

Good luck and stay safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Donny Henderson View Post
    First of all, I am glad to see someone working this rule set.

These are what I think are important items listed in a non-prioritized format:

1. Need buttons for the following sections: Careers (DONE as stated above), Homelands, and Traits. If there is another way to add them, please explain. And if an explanation is required then that instruction should be placed somewhere.
    2. Fold all Psionic Exploits into the current Exploits section (some are there, some are not), or add a sub-group to Exploit Section listing them.
    3. Make sure all areas work with character sheet and add-new sections.
    4. Change the target number to a darker color or black. The current state is a very lite white that blends in with background.
    5. New Skills, no understandable way to associate a category to the skill, using the category drop-down list.
    6. D66 rolling, especially for tables, lot of them in rule book.
    7. Implementing a vehicle sheet like the one shown on WOIN website (even if not automated) and space ship sheet like the one shown on WOIN website (again, even if not automated). For information during a game.

Good luck and stay safe!
    Hi Donny,

Cheers for the list!

1. Done.
    2. I'll have a look.
    3. Can you explain more?
    4. Done - the Theme update is complete.
    5. Working on it.
    6. Will copy the Traveller D66 over
    7. Ok, this will be added in the next version(s), let me get this v1.0.9 with these fixes out very soon

Cheers,
    MBM

Maybe this is a time a time for a gentle reminder on the Judge Dredd character sheet option?

Character sheet can be found here. If there's a licensing limitation, perhaps just a generic WOIN NEW sheet without some of the branding would be a good workaround, or a way for users to customize it so we can create our own Judge Dredd (or any custom) character sheet?

Good Morning (1:38am here)!,

I asked about JD and was told 'No' due to licensing issues. However if someone has the skills to create a new theme then they can do it, without the JD logo.

Cheers,
    MBM

2:54 AM here

I was afraid so. I might be able to put together a non-infringing character sheet in Photoshop, just the graphical version, would that be possible to import into WOIN as an alternate character sheet to play JD with? I don't know XML or programming in general.

1. Done.
    2. I'll have a look.
    3. Can you explain more?
    4. Done - the Theme update is complete.
    5. Working on it.
    6. Will copy the Traveller D66 over
    7. Ok, this will be added in the next version(s), let me get this v1.0.9 with these fixes out very soon

Thanks for the quick reply, this was in reality, a general remark, but to explain further:

A. Quests section, no area for XP (CR is not needed), and no area in Party Sheet for tracking of Quests, i.e. more work for the GM to keep up with. And what use is the Quest section other than for reference. And of course, XP has to be manually changed. If this is not warranted, suggestion is to delete the Quests button (since notation's in the Story section would be more than sufficient) and save the desktop space. If it is warranted, also look at the Encounter section as XP should be there as well.

B. Exploits section, why have a category section when creating new exploits? The exploits from the rule book have no categories. Although, I personally think it would be a great help to categorize all of them to allow searching through them you can't do that anyway. So pretty much space wasted, unless this is for a update not known about.

These were two that I quickly found after a few clicks and some observation for an example. I am sure more will come up as the project advances.

In all truth, this was a monumental task to begin with and you should be commended on what you have done so far. I sincerely hope your "love/hate" relationship turns to love once again! Upon full completion, this game has a lot of potential for story-telling in all aspects of role-playing and having fun!

Take care, be safe and I look forward to more updates!

Thread Information