DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 42 of 49 First ... 324041424344 ... Last
    The d66 functionality seems to be off, I've been getting single-digit results instead of an 11-66 result.

The d60 custom die is intended to be used as the tens place, much like percentile dice. /roll 1d60+1d6. In tables, drag the D60 into the custom area, then drag a d6 into the custom area.

In the update post from Jan 7th, it was advertised as a normal d66 roll (/roll d66). The gif example even showed a roll of 21.

Quote Originally Posted by taalo View Post
    In the update post from Jan 7th, it was advertised as a normal d66 roll (/roll d66). The gif example even showed a roll of 21.
    Can you post a couple of screenshots with your exact steps? Could be a bug, could be that we have to be more clear on how to use the d66 roll

d66.png
    Yesterday I was only getting single digits. I had to roll several times today to get a single digit. Yesterday I was typing out the /roll d66 but today I was using ctrl+v for copied text.
    Last edited by taalo; March 2nd, 2021 at 18:47.

/roll 1d60+1d6 not d66
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Sorry for the confusion with the gif. I misunderstood the exact feature MBM put in and was lucky enough to only get results in the correct 60+6 range in my tests, so I made the gif with the wrong command. I edited the changelog to clarify.

/roll 1d60 + 1d6 is the correct command as MBM said. /roll d66 will literally roll a 66-sided dice

Thanks for the clarification.

I'm a novice to fantasy grounds, and I'm still figuring out how it works, but I've created a custom module with all of the OLD 1.2 rules (races, skills, skill groups, careers, homelands, traits, exploits, equipment, mounts), modified to how my group has been using it - so we can migrate from roll20. Here are some things I noticed:

Custom skill groups don't appear in-game unless you have the Setting: WOiN NEW extension selected when loading into a game, so most of my players don't have access to them.

When loading into a game without the Setting: WOiN NEW extension selected half of the character sheets tabs are blank. Only Main, Skills, and Actions are labeled.

Is the shadow track going to be implemented? It's mentioned in all three rulesets but fleshed out in OLD.

Is cinematic mode going to be implemented into the character sheet, it's in all three rulesets?

Is the Carry increment going to be made to be modifiable? All the rulesets have the equipment, exploits, etc that increase the carry increment (backpacks, brawny exploit, species-centric exploits).

Is max lift going to be added to character sheets?

The character sheet from the books hasn't been updated since 1.0 and has a lot of missing information that the books listed in the derived stats section or individual sections.

There are other features that have been added over the years through WOiN's EON series that add other features like languages, contacts (people you know), etc. Arel those going to be implemented?

Homeworlds seem to be broken altogether, with error messages. They can't be dragged onto the character sheet or modified. Error messages pop up when custom versions are made. I mentioned that in a previous post. Maybe it has to do with being listed as both homeworld and homeland?

There is an Origin slot on the character sheet, but Origin careers can't be dragged to that slot.

The special attribute selection in the options doesn't line up with the character sheet. Only the PSI attribute works, with the rest giving the message that a special attribute isn't selected when trying to use it in the skills section of the character sheet.

Equipment in the character sheet doesn't load the item info when clicking the item symbol. It loads to a nearly blank sheet that lists cost, weight, and category that can't be modified (regardless if it's a custom entry or dragged from the equipment list). It's the same with equipment from the NEW setting and not just my module.

Are there plans for additional SOAK entries on the character sheet? The game uses two main types, Natural (protects against falling, acid, and gas and liquid-based damage in addition to normal damage types, but not vulnerabilities) and Armor (normal damage types), with Special being uncommon but added to the other two. Both main types come into play on a regular basis, but it's also not uncommon for characters with no natural SOAK to have two armor SOAKs or a conditional Natural SOAK. Example: Synthetic armor (2 armor SOAK) with Thermal customization (armor SOAK 5 (Cold)).

Will the d6 have a percentile function added to its right-click menu, like the d10?

Special ammo, Poisons, Grenades, and the like are missing from the NEW equipment list.

I'll report more as I start to import my campaign and do a trial run. Let me know if you need someone to do data entry for OLD or NOW to help move that along.

I've created a custom module with all of the OLD 1.2 rules (races, skills, skill groups, careers, homelands, traits, exploits, equipment, mounts), modified to how my group has been using it
    Yep, I did the same thing for my group. I ran into the same issues as you. That's why I reached out to MBM a little more than a year ago, and I'm helping him update/test WOIN in Fantasy Grounds.

Custom skill groups don't appear in-game unless you have the Setting: WOiN NEW extension selected when loading into a game, so most of my players don't have access to them.

When loading into a game without the Setting: WOiN NEW extension selected half of the character sheets tabs are blank. Only Main, Skills, and Actions are labeled.
    GUI elements are currently extension specific... (NEW is currently the only extension) We will be releasing OLD and NOW extensions once we get the WOIN core finished up.

Is the shadow track going to be implemented? It's mentioned in all three rulesets but fleshed out in OLD.
    It's not on our radar currently, but I'll add it to the list.

Is cinematic mode going to be implemented into the character sheet, it's in all three rulesets?
    Again, this wasn't on our radar, but I'll add it to the list. Odds are that these optional rules won't make it in for a bit. We're really focused on getting the standard core features working properly.

Is the Carry increment going to be made to be modifiable? All the rulesets have the equipment, exploits, etc that increase the carry increment (backpacks, brawny exploit, species-centric exploits).
    Also not on the radar. Added it to the list.

Is max lift going to be added to character sheets?
    There's an empty text box for max lift or any other carry modifiers... Do you think that there's a need for the actual stat? I think it's mostly an RP stat.

The character sheet from the books hasn't been updated since 1.0 and has a lot of missing information that the books listed in the derived stats section or individual sections.

There are other features that have been added over the years through WOiN's EON series that add other features like languages, contacts (people you know), etc. Arel those going to be implemented?
    Up to MBM... If it's any help, I currently have my players keep up with this stuff in the, "Notes," section of Fantasy Grounds.

Homeworlds seem to be broken altogether, with error messages. They can't be dragged onto the character sheet or modified. Error messages pop up when custom versions are made. I mentioned that in a previous post. Maybe it has to do with being listed as both homeworld and homeland?
    Added to our list as a bug.

Regarding custom versions, yeah, they don't work. I am unsure if this is a Fantasy Grounds limitation, but it seems that the game handles custom content significantly differently from coded content. I'm not familiar enough with FG to tell you whether we can get the custom stuff working on not. I can tell you that we will be releasing fully set up OLD and NOW extensions.

There is an Origin slot on the character sheet, but Origin careers can't be dragged to that slot.
    Also added to the list as a bug.

The special attribute selection in the options doesn't line up with the character sheet. Only the PSI attribute works, with the rest giving the message that a special attribute isn't selected when trying to use it in the skills section of the character sheet.
    Bug that we are currently aware of.

Equipment in the character sheet doesn't load the item info when clicking the item symbol. It loads to a nearly blank sheet that lists cost, weight, and category that can't be modified (regardless if it's a custom entry or dragged from the equipment list). It's the same with equipment from the NEW setting and not just my module.
    This is one of the things that we're working on now. Next big patch is all about equipment.

Are there plans for additional SOAK entries on the character sheet? The game uses two main types, Natural (protects against falling, acid, and gas and liquid-based damage in addition to normal damage types, but not vulnerabilities) and Armor (normal damage types), with Special being uncommon but added to the other two. Both main types come into play on a regular basis, but it's also not uncommon for characters with no natural SOAK to have two armor SOAKs or a conditional Natural SOAK. Example: Synthetic armor (2 armor SOAK) with Thermal customization (armor SOAK 5 (Cold)).
    Added to the list.

Will the d6 have a percentile function added to its right-click menu, like the d10?
    Don't think so... I think that we're good with the d60+d66 functionality. You can use it anywhere in the system that I'm aware of. Is there a need to do more?

Special ammo, Poisons, Grenades, and the like are missing from the NEW equipment list.
    Added to the list... Might go out as part of the equipment patch.

I'll report more as I start to import my campaign and do a trial run. Let me know if you need someone to do data entry for OLD or NOW to help move that along.
    Hey, that's my job!!! No, seriously... I've done exactly what you described in your opening statement for OLD. (much of the work that I did didn't work because custom content doesn't work correctly, things need to be added to the module/extension with the developer tools.) I'm waiting on moving forward with OLD/NOW until the core is set up properly, otherwise we'll just have to re-do it again. Our testing time/effort is going into "WOIN Core" and NEW. We figure that once we get NEW working properly, all we have to do is go back and get the data entered for OLD and NOW, and we're good to go.

Thanks for all of the feedback!

I appreciate it! Is there any way to get /roll 1d60+1d6 to work on a table in the custom entry slot or otherwise (e.g. rolling animal quirks for mounts)?
    Last edited by taalo; March 8th, 2021 at 20:55.

Thread Information