DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 41 of 49 First ... 313940414243 ... Last
    Changelog for v1.2.1 (planned release date: 2021-01-12)

Generally we've continued to improve the foundations of the ruleset to make future changes and new features, like full character creation automation, much easier to implement and the ruleset in general more user friendly and robust.

Added:
    - Added support for d66. It can be used in the chat, as well as in tables.
    [EDIT: To make sure there is no confusion: Roll d60 + d6, NOT d66 directly. The gif showing a d66 roll was my mistake. I was just lucky to get results in the correct 60+6 range and went with it!]

- Added a simple way to add "Any" skill to any Skill Choice field for custom Careers, Species or Homelands. Simply check the "Any skill" checkbox and it will treat the Skill Choice field as "Any" skill for the player to choose from.
    any_skill.gif
    - Added a campaign option for the GM to rename the Special Attribute (PSI/MAG/CHI) and even disable it completely if it's not necessary for your campaign or setting.
    special_attr.gif
    - Added a campaign option for the GM to pick a more streamlined way to select the Target Number / Difficulty Number for the next dice roll. It will remove the list of buttons next to the TN field and replaces them with a simple combobox to choose the difficulty from. Two smaller arrow buttons are also present to quickly increase/decrease the difficulty.
    TN.gif

Updated:
    - Homelands now use the same new and improved Skill Choices field that was introduced in v1.2.0 for Careers and Species. Unfortunately it breaks the character creation automation, so we disabled that for now, but will re-introduce it later in an improved form.
    - This means that all places a skill can be chosen in character creation (Careers, Homelands and Species) now all work in the same unified way! That makes it also much easier for custom data and settings.
    - Exploits now have a type that differentiates them between universal exploits, career exploits and species exploits. That helps in filtering for them, but will also make it easier for character creation automation to pick up on custom universal exploits in the future.
    - Custom Careers will now only show the obsolete exploit field if it's not empty. If you are converting your old custom careers to the new system, make sure to clear the old exploits field.
    - Improved traits by adding a field to select if the trait is selectable for a highest attribute or lowest attribute. In the future we can use this to make it possible for the player to select a custom trait during character creation.

Fixed:
    - Fixed the bug that skills dragged from the Skill Index into a Character Sheet were treated as Exploits.
    - Fixed the bug that skills with a dash in the name (like Zero-g) did not work with the new Skill Choices field.
    - Fixed the issue with Psionic Exploits creating new empty exploit entries.

In the next update we will continue to improve the foundations by unifying the Requirements field for Careers and Exploits and give Equipment a big upgrade.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by loofou; March 3rd, 2021 at 08:27.

Nice, I'm looking forward to seeing the changes in action.

The Homelands tab seems to have broken. Whenever I bring it up in Unity and click on one of the homelands I get a constant stream of these errors (mostly the second error):

script execution error: [string "ref/scripts/career_skills_list.lua"]:23: attempt to index field 'anyskill' (a nil value)

script execution error: [string "ref/scripts/career_skills.lua"]:31: attempt to index field 'anyskill' (a nil value)

I'm getting a different error. I can't drag the Homeland entry onto the character sheet (no errors thrown). When I open the Homelands list, that's when I see errors. Those errors run like this:

template: Could not find template() in class (charsheet_main)
    Frame referencepage contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
    Frame referencepage contains out-of-range values in Bottom.
    Frame referencepage contains out-of-range values in BottomRight.

(followed by the previously listed errors)

On the character sheet, under the skills tab, the attribute selection doesn't switch to the selected Special Attribute in Options. It always stays as PSI, even if no special attribute is selected. It also doesn't automatically sub in for whatever the selected special attribute. So if I selected MAG in options, then PSI for a skill, they don't line up.

The actions tab on the character sheet has the attribute actions and seems to be tied to a particular attribute, but doesn't list which attribute. It would be more functional if the attribute was selectable and new slots were gained with a right-click.

Under weapon attacks, the Def rating isn't needed, that would be better suited by adding a luck slot to modify die rolls.
    Last edited by taalo; January 28th, 2021 at 00:08.

Thanks for the bug fixes and improvements! I have a couple of questions (which I couldn't find but maybe I'm just having no luck searching this thread)
    - The stats don't increase when adding careers. Is that a future upgrade? This would really speed up the character creation process.
    - Are there plans to add the Modern W.O.I.N package? I would like to allow some of those to in the Future campaign that I'm starting, but for now I'm having to add those manually.

Note that I've been playing D&D 5e using FG2 for several years, so I'm just trying a new system for something different. I'm using Death of Ascalean as a module to try. Looks like a nice break from D&D so far.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexaurum View Post
    Thanks for the bug fixes and improvements! I have a couple of questions (which I couldn't find but maybe I'm just having no luck searching this thread)
    - The stats don't increase when adding careers. Is that a future upgrade? This would really speed up the character creation process.
    - Are there plans to add the Modern W.O.I.N package? I would like to allow some of those to in the Future campaign that I'm starting, but for now I'm having to add those manually.

Note that I've been playing D&D 5e using FG2 for several years, so I'm just trying a new system for something different. I'm using Death of Ascalean as a module to try. Looks like a nice break from D&D so far.
    Thanks.
    Hi Rexaurum,

Thanks for the kind words and the questions.

1. Stats don't increase - the work done recently is to build the data so that work can soon start on automating things like that.
    2. NOW is on the cards, but it's not at the top of the list, OLD will be released before NOW. Sorry, I can't give a date as things over the last year have been very 'fluid' when it comes to availability of time.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

great, thanks for the reply. It's good to know NOW won't come out for a while. I'll just create what I need manually and go from there.
    Looking forward to the other improvements and trying out the NEW game rule set.

Hello. A couple of questions about this ruleset, from using it:
    In the inventory, what is the reason for players not being able to edit items? It has made things rather awkward when adding new items to the inventory.
    Is there a way to reduce the number of dice that you're holding? I'm aware that you can right click while holding dice to add dice, but there are situations where you might need less dice.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoKeros View Post
    Hello. A couple of questions about this ruleset, from using it:
    In the inventory, what is the reason for players not being able to edit items? It has made things rather awkward when adding new items to the inventory.
    Is there a way to reduce the number of dice that you're holding? I'm aware that you can right click while holding dice to add dice, but there are situations where you might need less dice.
    We are addressing the inventory problems with the next update. This month, MadBeardMan had to get the updates to Fantasy Grounds in. They made some significant changes to the UI, and he had to fix WOIN, as well as his other packages.

I don't know about reducing the number of dice...

Thread Information