DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Germany CET time zone [GMT+1/Summer GMT+2]
    Hi michaelzep - I have a game running there and one slot opened recently. It is a Saturday though, but time could be working for you. Please check the link in my signature if you would like to find out.
    Thanks and good luck to find a group for you.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    The One who walks the woods.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    [Ultimate licence]

.~~~~.
    i====i_
    |cccc|_)
    |cccc|
    `-==-'

I have a good question in regards to rule numero 2. Can you use other media to direct people to paid gaming use on FG? Like using reddit or meetup as an example to direct people to fantasy grounds where you use FG for paid gaming?

Blog Entries
    Yes. The rules are just for our forums and our official discord channel.

I don't intend to DM for money, but what does rule 2 mean?

"You should not attempt to get users to sign up to an alternate forum and calendar system"

I don't understand the term "calendar system."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by akito3379 View Post
    I don't intend to DM for money, but what does rule 2 mean?

"You should not attempt to get users to sign up to an alternate forum and calendar system"

I don't understand the term "calendar system."
    There is a fantasy grounds game calendar you can use for posting and organising games
    If you are going to advertise paid games here you need to use these forums and calendar system for running the game
    If you are advertising elsewhere and not here you can do as you please

WOW,.. really hate to feel like such an idiot, but are there supposed to be "paid" game listings here, or is that in another thread I am having a hard time finding? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyndad123 View Post
    WOW,.. really hate to feel like such an idiot, but are there supposed to be "paid" game listings here, or is that in another thread I am having a hard time finding? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Just like most other GM looking for group threads, they should be in the "LFG - Looking for Group" forum, in their own thread. But clearly marked as paid. I've only seen a handful over the last few months, they aren't common.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This thread got started after someone posted about a "paid" game and there was a big discussion over it and the rules.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

What is the definition of a paid game? If a game master requires a one time fee of a small amount (for example, 10$) to offset her costs, is that considered a paid game and must follow these rules?
    If yes, then please explain why (in my opinion, that is not a paid game)? If no, then please explain what us then minimum charge to be considered a paid game?

Thanks,
    K.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spoofer View Post
    What is the definition of a paid game? If a game master requires a one time fee of a small amount (for example, 10$) to offset her costs, is that considered a paid game and must follow these rules?
    If yes, then please explain why (in my opinion, that is not a paid game)? If no, then please explain what us then minimum charge to be considered a paid game?

Thanks,
    K.
    I think the simplest way to define it is to call it a paid game if your game requires any amount of money before you are allowed to join or play.

Thread Information