FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    And also, thanks for everyone's help so far on this question.

I'm having a problem that sounds a bit like what's been described in this thread. I'm finding that NPC spells that require saving throws aren't being properly mathed/added to the combat tracker?

I did what Moon Wizard suggested in #17 - I made a new NPC and gave it a name, I gave it a 14 (+2) int score so these tests wouldn't just be default 10, I pasted in a Spellcasting trait (using the default CR mage's spellcasting). I closed the NPC sheet then re-opened it to populate the spells, then tested by double clicking the abilities from the NPC sheet, and both spell attack (Shocking Grasp) and spell save DC (Charm Person) worked fine and displayed the right numbers in the chat log.

However, next I dropped this new NPC into the combat tracker, made it a visible combatant, and set it to its turn in initiative. Then I tried to use these same spells from the "Offense" tab. I dragged the Shocking Grasp attack onto a PC who was on the combat tracker, it worked fine. But the Charm Person entry only says [SAVEVS: wisdom (magic)] in the Offense listing, and doesn't have a DC listed. When I dragged that onto a PC, the board rolled a d20 and added that PC's bonus in the chat, but didn't compare it to any DC, nor say if it was a success or failure. Next I tried targeting the PC, as the test NPC, and double-clicked the Charm Person saving throw, but it once again just rolled a d20 + the PC's bonus, without comparing it against the spell DC.

Here's video of me demonstrating these steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXVWYACMfMs

Is there something different I should be doing here? It's great that the NPC sheet auto-populates spells from the Spellcasting trait description, and the spell attacks work perfectly...but if I have to go into the NPC sheet manually and add specific saving throw DCs to each spell requiring a saving throw, that seems a huge hassle.

Thanks for any help!

This is a known issue that is fixed in the next version (v3.3.3) that will be released today or tomorrow.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information