FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Blog Entries
    So I'm tracking Weapon Skills as a unique thing separate from Weapons.. since you can buy and sell weapons but you retain the skill.
    I'm going to include a 50% value 'Similar Weapons' as well.. trying to figure out what the dynamic is there exactly...

So.. I have a 20% Attack Bonus... and have been using a 'Battle Axe' with 1 hand.. that is a 'One Handed Cutting Weapon'.. the Base for Battle Axe is 20% and I've learned a few things giving me an extra 30% with that Weapon for a total of 70%.
    Now.. I pick up a Broadsword... it is also a 'One Handed Cutting Weapon'. Normally I'd start with a total skill of 30% (20% Attack Bonus + 10% Base for Broadsword).. but 50% of my total skill with my best 'One Handed Cutting Weapon' is ..

Well here's the question... is it 1/2 of 70% for a total of 35% or 1/2 of 30% added to 30% for a total of 45%? I think the answer is 30%... and that number might go up and down if you cast a spell or something... but would only go up and down by half of the increase or loss...
    OK.. so you cast Bladesharp 4 on your Broadsword. Since you have no actual skill with the Broadsword.. you are still using your Battle Axe skill to determine your chance to hit. Add +20% to your Battle Axe skill and cut it in half.. I believe that should be the correct value.. until such time as the total of your Broadsword skill is better than your Battle Axe skill*50%.. which.. basically should be as soon as you get any sort of skill increase... because you'll be starting at the 50% value.. which is better than your base anyway.. actually.. in this case.. maybe you swing at 50% with the +20% Broadsword.. since your starting value with Broadsword is 30% and the Battle Axe +20% skill would be 90%/2=45%. Since your skill is better than 50% of your best 'One Handed Cutting Weapon' skill.. the Similar Weapon Skill rule wouldn't apply anymore. Yeah.. this stuff isn't complicated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Blog Entries
    I got weapon attack rolls working correctly, still need to bring the damage bonus in to actual damage rolls but it is calculating it correctly.
    Working on hit locations and armor functionality.
    The Hit Points calculate correctly but don't handle location damage yet.. and location armor is only just beginning.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Blackfoot; March 24th, 2020 at 21:16.

Chaosium just did a recent push of the BRP system. Including reiterating their OGL for it, and pushing their SRD, so there is some renewed focus on this generic system. Maybe that new SRD is a better reference to consider a ruleset conversion, but yeah... it would be 80% Call of Cthulhu.
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Blog Entries
    The state of things in the world right now has helped move this thing along quite a bit.
    Trying to sort out resistance rolls currently.. what a mess.

Hit locations for PCs and NPCs are all done... although I need a good way to deal with applying damage to them.
    I am currently rolling the location automatically on a hit (like the way PF/3.5 handles Crits)...
    But.. in RQ.. you can adjust that number rolled by the number of strike ranks you delayed... so there's some flex in there.. automatically applying damage to the 'rolled' location won't work quite right.
    I need some hands on logic.

Thanks for your efforts Blackfoot. Looks great from what I can see. Can you start your own post about your project? That way discussion can be focused on that there and not lost in this post.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Hello anyone , I am trying to figure out how armor works in the BRP ruleset during combat .The armor does not automatically protect the wearer when they are hit it seems, do you know how armor works in BRP? I see on the inventory tab on the character sheet there is armor listed below the total weight carried, but I am not sure how to add armor to a character. Thanks.
    Last edited by Mac77; February 19th, 2022 at 03:25.

Hello,

The armour points (AP) of a given piece of armour is never automatically deducted from incoming damage. That has to be done manually. So targeting doesn't make much sense in the BRP ruleset.

Also, if you don't enable the "use hit-locations" option, then there's no space allocated for storing armour information. You have to use the "Notes" text box on the "Notes" tab to keep track of armour data. If you do enable hit-locations, then you'll get an "Armor" tab where you can note what type of armour covers what hit-locations.

/Peter

Hi do you know how the BRP system for armor works? It seems when a character takes damage there are no armor points that subtract from that damage. Wondering how that works. Cheers.

Thank you Peter, much appreciated, cheers.

Thread Information